User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sjoe View Post
    All you can say is this is BWF problem to dealt with. This attitude is very common, everybody like to push it to somebody to solve the problem or even pray that it may solve by itself when time comes.
    Stop say that unless you are contributing to do something to change and help BWF !
    How ?, here if I can suggest :
    -Any WO by players which are obvious just like we have seen and if you are convince, we can all walk out during the player next match (the one who got a WO).
    -Any Game which are played in suspicious manner between two players, if you think it has been fixed. Walkout, don't wait what other think.

If you show that we are not here to play along with what we are not endorsing and show that we are disgusted, sponsor will take notice straight away and we are helping BWF directly.
    The problem with your suggestions though is that they go against common ideals, namely: being innocent till proven guilty. While these walkovers may look to be obviously planned, the BWF can't punish someone with just circumstantial evidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    I want badminton to be treated the same as those "big" sports -- soccer, basketball, ...
    A hope of all ppls that have Bc.com Id.
    BWF is on the right track i hope.

Like how FIFa appointed their legends to lead their organisation.I hope we'll do the same thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sumbadder View Post
    you guys talk like LYB is fixing matches because he's some evil villain with a vendetta against the badminton world that he's trying to fulfill. The fact is, he is getting pressure from his higher-ups to obtain as many golds as possible so that in the end, China comes out the huge winner at OG 08 instead of the US.
    LYB did not match fix only recently. He got hooked on it when LD first became WR1 and realized the non-SS format made it easy and he wanted to create the aura of invincibility in LD by maintaining him as WR1 instead of letting LD prove his real worth.In the long term,I believe LYB has done LD a great injustice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pjswift.
    not an attempt to flatter u or being a girly type.
    But u did help me in understanding the term 'match-fixing'.
    Better than before.
    i guess we can all say.we are disagree with Lyb.Even the chinese in china.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K View Post
    Yeah rite...."for the greater good of China". How cheap and convenient it is to use that as an excuse. If that is the case, every coach can say the same thing "for the greater good of..." some bs and to fix any match in sports.
    ye333 have posted it before they deleted.
    since 1960, PBSI also "fix" Rudi Hartono match in All England, so he can looks invincible.

plus, quotes from Sabathiel, that Icuk can win the WC 83 coz of the "pressure" from Ina govt, that several Chinese Indonesian had already won prestigious titles, while native Indonesian never win.

from 1960 they're already fix the match, how many of u complaint about that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelou View Post
    I think that this is important. If you can have 3 players in the OG rather than 2, then why not? To the Chinese team, their goal is the Olympics. The All England ranks below that and along with promoting badminton which is near the bottom of the list. There are many ways to see this, but I don't think that what they've done is right or wrong. It's right for the Chinese team, but wrong for the fans. And so who's right and who's wrong? If match fixing was really affecting the game, then perhaps this rule of the top 4 shouldn't exist. In which case, would this be the Chinese fault? or would it be the BWF/OG fault? And so, in my opinion, I don't believe that LYB should receive the devil's award for match fixing. but it is certainly something to frown upon.
    BWF was unfair to China. that's why LYB try another "solution" so CHN can send maximum player to OG.
    just like u said, who's right and who's wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sumbadder View Post
    I think everyone is still missing the point: LYB's JOB is to be the head coach of team China and produce results. As concerned members of the badminton community we want to see what's best for the sport, but he is doing his job which is not to promote the sport but to bring in the golds. Obviously as fans we don't want to see things run like a business but the sports industry is an industry and to expect that people won't run it as such is completely absurd.
    the Board of Commissioners only concern about the result from the CEO (LYB). that's why LYB try very hard to make them satisfy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A business man's job is to make money. If one business man told his supervisor he can make one million in a year but in fact he can only guarantee 900,000, does that mean he should rob or cheat to get the remaining 100,000 and ppl should not criticize him? I don't think so.

In fact, it's interesting to compare LYB's comments and TSF's comments when LD lost. After LD lost to PSH, TSF (in charge of LD at that time. LYB asked him to help) commented that LD is in form, but he lost because PSH played very well. Did we ever hear LYB say similar things? No. He is even reluctant to admit that his players are not in form. Most of the times it's the stadium or audience or wind blahblah.

So LYB wants ppl to view his team as invincible. Thus it's only reasonable that his team is indeed required to be invincible and bring 5 golds home.
    who cheat first? BWF or LYB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

??? Why should I complain?

In fact I would like to propose a quota of 1 player/pair per event for each country. We can compare with other sports. Can US send 5 teams to the basketball event? No. Can Brazil send 2 teams to the Soccer event? Again, no. Since OG is a country-based (more accurately, association-based) event, it should be reasonable to let every country be represented by its strongest player.

With the above quota, there is simply no reason to do match fixing, before OG or in OG.

Unfortunately, badminton needs OG to promote this sport and there is no way my idea will be implemented.
    can China sends 3 teams to Uber Cup?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winston_T View Post
    can China sends 3 teams to Uber Cup?
    why not if the venue is CHINA? If BWF rejected, LYB just boycott and pull off his team. Then the BWF balls will shrink and give in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am totally amazed Why CHN always claim to be the best in badminton but need to complain about IOC restriction on countries quota in that event.
    pretty simple - If a person is really good. him/she alone can win the title. 3 words - "QUALITY OVER QUANTITY"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    I am totally amazed Why CHN always claim to be the best in badminton but need to complain about IOC restriction on countries quota in that event.
    pretty simple - If a person is really good. him/she alone can win the title. 3 words - "QUALITY OVER QUANTITY"
    bcoz it is unfair for China. our several players can't compete in OG, while the player whom are ranked 60 can played. is it fair?

btw, PBSI and BAM also rely on several players to win OG, and not to certain players / pairs, right? don't get it wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    OT here:
    Just one small comment.....in China, I don't think we have a Board of Commissioners (since I am living in a China-owned HKG ) We only have Board of Directors here Any ppl living in China wouldn't know what the heck is Board of Commisioners?

Only in Indonesia, companies DO have Board of Commissioners (two-tiered board structure). And u still denying the fact that you are not an Indonesian or not residing in Indonesia ???
    this is just the example of the MANAGEMENT HIERARCHY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bcoz it is unfair for China. our several players can't compete in OG, while the player whom are ranked 60 can played. is it fair?

btw, PBSI and BAM also rely on several players to win OG, and not to certain players / pairs, right? don't get it wrong.
    Don't ever dream about fairness in badminton games nowadays. It has been lost long long time ago
    I am pretty sure PBSI & BAM will be happy if TH & LCW being their sole representative in OG and To be Fair.. LD is the only one from China.
    Only the best Survive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BWF was unfair to China. that's why LYB try another "solution" so CHN can send maximum player to OG.
    just like u said, who's right and who's wrong?
    The limit on how many competitors a country can send to the oylimpics is NOT an issue of unfair treatment of CHN by the BWF. In fact it would be unfair if China were allowed to send more because it has been common in the Olypics to limit the number of competitors a country can have compete in a given event. Do you really think 'Eddie the Eagle' from Great Britian qualified for the Olympics because Finland and Norway couldn't dig up one more competitor who was better? What about Jamica sending a bobsled team? Again they were able to do so because the powerfull Countries in bobsledding are not allowed to send 10 teams each.

So why should China be granted special privalige in badminton?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    So why should China be granted special privalige in badminton?
    Let me reply on half of our dear Winston_T.....simply because China is the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ye333 have posted it before they deleted.
    since 1960, PBSI also "fix" Rudi Hartono match in All England, so he can looks invincible.

plus, quotes from Sabathiel, that Icuk can win the WC 83 coz of the "pressure" from Ina govt, that several Chinese Indonesian had already won prestigious titles, while native Indonesian never win.

from 1960 they're already fix the match, how many of u complaint about that?
    Let me get this straight, you are going back to an incident that occurred in the 1960s to justify cheating now? That is one very warped set of values you have there. By the way since when did this thread become about wether LD TH or LCW is the better player? There are plenty of other threads were that debate raging.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast