When is BBC most / least crowded?

Discussion in 'Bay Badminton Center ( BBC )' started by SuperKaren, Mar 15, 2008.

1. SuperKaren

SuperKaren Regular Member

student
    Hi.
    I wonder if Friday and saturday at BBc would be a crowded day? Also, what days should the great-good players play on? I heard Friday is that true? How about Saturday? thank you

2. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Bbc

Hi SuperKaren,
    It really is difficult to say when BBC is most crowded. We have been fairly consistent on most week nights. Weekends have also been fairly consistent. I am starting challenge court nights on Mondays and Thursdays but some players have been wanting to play Friday nights as well. You can come on any Friday night and the challenge courts will be active. You can always give us a call if you have any further questions. Thanks and hope to see you there.

3. SuperKaren

SuperKaren Regular Member

student
    thank you! it seems like i can only play on Fridays.

4. BBC Staff

BBC Staff Regular Member

Thanks

Hello Again SuperKaren,
    If you stop by on Friday, please introduce yourself:). I like to meet other BCers. Thanks.
    Ben

5. shreky

shreky Regular Member

are there any discounts for BCers? ;)

6. bloc88

bloc88 New Member

lawyer
    Sunday?

First time getting back on the court in a while... I live in SF, so I'm thinking BBC is the best option... what kind of wait is normal for a Sunday afternoon? Can you usually walk on to a court or are we talkin' like an hour?

7. Marshmallow64

Marshmallow64 Regular Member

On Saturday around 2-7 pm it is pretty crowded, then around dinner time everyone clears out and there are plenty of courts available till closing time.

8. BBC Staff

BBC Staff Regular Member

Hey folks,
    Just a reminder of the deadline for our tournament is this Friday, May 9th. We will be starting B,C,D on Saturday so don't worry about missing work. This will be a great event for all levels. So come on down and join in on the action.
    BBC Staff

9. iso300

iso300 Regular Member

Are there any night(s) during the week reserved for certain level of players? I'm an intermediate level so when would be best to show up? Thanks for the info.

10. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

If youre intermediate you will probably feel comfortable playing on the challenge court. I will advise you, their courts are extremely busy on tuesday nights. Could be a good time to meet people since you'll have some off the court time :/

11. ArnoMa

ArnoMa New Member

Usually, on weekdays it is pretty empty before 5pm because many people have work and won't arrive for a bit of time. Sometimes it can be packed on weekdays at about 3pm because high school kids get out and head over there. On Fridays I usually find it pretty empty around 1pm, the earlier it is the more empty it tends to be.

12. xchrislee

xchrislee New Member

Hi, I just moved to Daly City from Davis and I'd like to start playing badminton again, but I'm pretty rusty.

Are people pretty open to playing either challenge or pick up doubles games? I don't know anyone in the area and I can be kind of shy.