User Tag List

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Of course it's only "some weight". Simply because Misbun said it does not mean it's the whole truth. Sometimes you also do not agree with professionals' opinions, don't you?

For example, Morten Frost commented that LCW is only at his 60% when playing CJ in AE08, do you agree?
    misbun is lcw's professor, NOT MORTEN FROSTlololol

what morten said HAS NO WEIGHTING LAH ROFLOL
    Last edited by cooler; 03-17-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta go back to work. Anymore ROFLOL my co-workers think i having a seizure and crying on the floor because of my teary eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW: Where are you taking XXF after the match?
    LD: I dunno, where are you taking WMC?
    LCW: Maybe we can double date?
    LD: Hmmm... Good idea!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default theory

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood_t View Post
    I think if u look at it as an overall rating that is correct. The main difference iis that LD is mentally tough, decisive and is mentally flexible enough to try different tactics to win the point. This ability compensates for any techical difference w/ his opponents.

LCW is actually superior technically and has a broad and flexible game that can support a varied tactical approach. The problem is that mentally he hasn't developed the ability to read the match situations and change tactics.

He prefers to go with the flow of the rally and hope that something develops. However, against the top level sometimes you will have to actively dictate play in order to win or change the momentum of the match.

I think this is the essential difference betewen LCW and Morten Frost. Frost played a rally style as well but with much greater purpose. He was always thinking to exploit a weakness and was very opportunistic; he was always ready to adapt his play to exploit any opportunity that arose.

That is why LCW is not consistent as you can only win going with the flow when his own game is totally on or your opponents is off.
    Interesting theory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trengganu

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Drift or no drift, LD is a much better player shuttler than LCW. And he showed that last night by totally outplaying LCW.
    U hit right on the nail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post

that picture is cute. their shirts' colours kinda match.
    the volunteers got some nice outfits too.
    I only got t-shirts from volunteering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drift or no drift, LD is a much better player shuttler than LCW. And he showed that last night by totally outplaying LCW.
    Nod. So many here have better tactical ideas than misbun and lcw. It befuddled me.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-17-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..too bad their hair colors didn't match their shirt's colors...
    HOPE THAT KKK DIDN'T HEAR THIS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulYong View Post
    No coaches should be blamed for the failures of the players. They have trained them to their best of ability and it's up to the players to apply their techniques in court. Most of our players are inconsistent. They can lose even to the lower ranking players during their off days.
    Well, I am referring to our Malaysian players, especially KKK in particular. I just read in the local newspapers that Rexy passed a stern warning that if KKK doesn't show any improvements then he would be missing the OG in August. What a pity, if that is the case................It is common to all the players that they have their off-days, so LCW losing tamely to LD could be one of those things....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulYong View Post
    Well, I am referring to our Malaysian players, especially KKK in particular. I just read in the local newspapers that Rexy passed a stern warning that if KKK doesn't show any improvements then he would be missing the OG in August. What a pity, if that is the case................It is common to all the players that they have their off-days, so LCW losing tamely to LD could be one of those things....
    There is a difference between LCW and KKK.

At the very least, LCW has been consistent in his performance. He got to
    at least the last 8 or so during the last few SS.

But KKK? 1st round or 2nd round and there he goes out of the tournament.
    Well, one would say can't blame KKK alone... coz he plays doubles. Yes, true!
    But then again, he is the one who seems to be not performing among the
    pair...

Not siding any players but just stating the truth. I always hope to see other
    countries players giving the Chinese power giving a run for their money.
    That's what competition is all about. No point seeing one country dominate.
    It'll just be another training session for them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i'm just making a general comment, not criticizing lcw.

some of u guys keep changing your tunes. Misbun/lcw is changing strategies. I dont believe they r that dumb. LCW is 2nd best IMO, so lcw/misbun only need to focus on LD. When playing a fast player like LD, we see tons of advices given here in BF on strategy threads. You want to slow down the fast paced opponent with deep clears and more rallying. Funny how lcw is doing that but now u MAL fans say we must get li mao back so steer lcw back to a attacking player. ROFL I dont have to invent anything, i just recall what was said before

My advice? BAM hire both li mao and misbun. Depending on who lcw faces or which set is being played, misbun and li mao can switch role on the fly at the coaches bench LOL Poor LYB, 2 coaches against one LOL
    U must be sharp enough to change strategies when things didnt go well in the 1st place. The thing about LM, it would unnecessary to bring him back; LCW has the chops but must know when to execute those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy View Post
    U must be sharp enough to change strategies when things didnt go well in the 1st place. The thing about LM, it would unnecessary to bring him back; LCW has the chops but must know when to execute those.
    as i have said before, lcw and misbun aren't kids but pros, they have watched and played LD many times before, and they don't know when to execute??. When lcw is boxed in and under pressure, having the chops won't help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-xVb1qsPCw

after 164 posts, how come this simple concept is so hard to understand?????????? Maye because school only taught the P=f/a version
    Last edited by cooler; 03-17-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    as i have said before, lcw and misbun aren't kids but pros, they have watched and played LD many times before, and they don't know when to execute??. When lcw is boxed in and under pressure, having the chops won't help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-xVb1qsPCw

after 164 posts, how come this simple concept is so hard to understand?????????? Maye because school only taught the P=f/a version
    As ive said many times before, he is not sharp enough to change tactics when things r not going his way. Of course they hv watch LD's video over & over again, so did LD. Preparations is one thing, on court execution is another thing. And moreover, i was talking abt LCW's inability to change strategy when playing with the strong drift (thus giving up free points), not against LD. U r the one not understanding my comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlekok View Post
    There is a difference between LCW and KKK.

At the very least, LCW has been consistent in his performance. He got to
    at least the last 8 or so during the last few SS.

But KKK? 1st round or 2nd round and there he goes out of the tournament.
    Well, one would say can't blame KKK alone... coz he plays doubles. Yes, true!
    But then again, he is the one who seems to be not performing among the
    pair...

Not siding any players but just stating the truth. I always hope to see other
    countries players giving the Chinese power giving a run for their money.
    That's what competition is all about. No point seeing one country dominate.
    It'll just be another training session for them...
    I would say in terms of performance wise, LCW is more consistent than KKK.

But both shuttlers are weak when it comes to conduct off-court. I mean both shuttlers must know that they are national badminton players. In short they are pro sportsmen. It pains me to see LCW doing some political road show during the 12 General Elections i.e. playing badminton and all with Ling Hee Liong. Like last year's Machap by election, our shuttlers were taken for some road show by politicians to boost their election drive. This is a no, no as I believe being pro shuttlers they should just concentrate on their training and rest after their workouts.

Unfortunately, Ling Hee Liong got trounced in Gopeng.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy View Post
    As ive said many times before, he is not sharp enough to change tactics when things r not going his way. Of course they hv watch LD's video over & over again, so did LD. Preparations is one thing, on court execution is another thing. And moreover, i was talking abt LCW's inability to change strategy when playing with the strong drift (thus giving up free points), not against LD. U r the one not understanding my comment.
    It is so simple to understand - I don't understand why people still argue as if one can just easily change tactics on the day. On court execution is very difficult. On a good day, LCW could be sharp and sometimes he, too, can come up with the ace.

I agree with you totally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say in terms of performance wise, LCW is more consistent than KKK.

But both shuttlers are weak when it comes to conduct off-court. I mean both shuttlers must know that they are national badminton players. In short they are pro sportsmen. It pains me to see LCW doing some political road show during the 12 General Elections i.e. playing badminton and all with Ling Hee Liong. Like last year's Machap by election, our shuttlers were taken for some road show by politicians to boost their election drive. This is a no, no as I believe being pro shuttlers they should just concentrate on their training and rest after their workouts.

Unfortunately, Ling Hee Liong got trounced in Gopeng.
    So sportsmen don't have private lives ? What about the sportsmen in the US who also do campaigning for their politicians ? LCW's loss has nothing to do with his campaigning -- he lost to better players on the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    So sportsmen don't have private lives ? What about the sportsmen in the US who also do campaigning for their politicians ? LCW's loss has nothing to do with his campaigning -- he lost to better players on the day.
    Of course they do have private lives. They are humans just like us. BUT ... to go out and campaign when the AE / SO are just round the corner kinda dont make any cow sense.

Have you ever seen either Andy Roddick /Kobe Bryant/Tony Meola/Joe Montana out campaigning for their fav presidential candidate when they have a major tournament round the corner???

You are spot on about LCW losing to a better LD. However, the point is LCW may have had a better chance against LD had he been more focused.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast