User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Stimes what they dont understand is that the invitations go thru BAM. In last year's bi-lection in Machap, it was BAM who asked KKK/TBH, CTF/LWW to go. And..... CTF/LWW won the ABC tourney held aft that political event.

So, it doesnt effect their performance per se but cos Rexy didnt like his players being used by politicians...and so that it wouldnt become a routine accorrance, Rexy made noise.
    And in case some here dont know, thereafter, the politicians did not ask MD players to go for such events anymore.

LCW, I'm not too sure about the details but I agree his loss not related to political campaigning. Just some here dont like players being used as political mileage.

And stated in the other thread, LCW, KKK/TBH did go for the charity event organised a few days bf AE, Rexy agreed to the event, seems to know the organiser quite well from what the organiser said. Should they stay away too since it might effect their performance? It's about balance.
    My dear,

Do you know what 'having a back bone' is about?? Our shuttlers should just say no. Be firm. Instead they allow themselves to be pawns. And this is reflected in their mentality and make up.

As for LCW, you are saying it is ok to have such distractions prior to 2 major tournaments? No big surprise why LD is miles ahead of LCW. I guess it is no wonder till today Malaysia dont have a Olympic gold or WC to show in the trophy room. Continue to have such mentality, we will continue to get such poor results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And stated in the other thread, LCW, KKK/TBH did go for the charity event organised a few days bf AE, Rexy agreed to the event, seems to know the organiser quite well from what the organiser said. Should they stay away too since it might effect their performance? It's about balance.
    Well, how did LCW, KKK/TBH do in the AE?? Did they plunder in Europe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    So difficult to win an Olympic gold medal la. We should just go to the Olympic games village and buy one from the convenient store for USD2.99 and bring it back to Malaysia and celebrate big time.

hILARIOUS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Back to the match

At the start of the 1st game it seems LCW was surprised by LD's tactic and LD rushed to a 10:1 lead. LD was very calm and patient, his made so few mistakes in the 1st game and LCW pretty much cannot do anything.

LCW actually did OK in the 2nd game. In contrast LD started to make more mistakes. Once LCW leaded 10:6. But he failed to take this chance by (maybe) being too eager and made a few mistakes which contributed to LD's decisive 6-points run. After that it seems to me LCW did not have much confidence anymore and was doomed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where In Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    as i have said before, lcw and misbun aren't kids but pros, they have watched and played LD many times before, and they don't know when to execute??. When lcw is boxed in and under pressure, having the chops won't help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-xVb1qsPCw

after 164 posts, how come this simple concept is so hard to understand?????????? Maye because school only taught the P=f/a version

Hi Canuck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck View Post
    You mean like wait for Lin Dan to contract mononucleosis?

-dave
    Huh? LD has been beaten by others already, without being sick.
    I was just being sarcastic about Federer suggesting he lost because Djokovic was assisted by a virus in his straight sets win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    I was just being sarcastic about Federer suggesting he lost because Djokovic was assisted by a virus in his straight sets win.
    hmm but i find wood_22_chuck one was funnier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dear,

Do you know what 'having a back bone' is about?? Our shuttlers should just say no. Be firm. Instead they allow themselves to be pawns. And this is reflected in their mentality and make up.

As for LCW, you are saying it is ok to have such distractions prior to 2 major tournaments? No big surprise why LD is miles ahead of LCW. I guess it is no wonder till today Malaysia dont have a Olympic gold or WC to show in the trophy room. Continue to have such mentality, we will continue to get such poor results.
    It has nothing to do with backbone. The guy wants to go else he would not have done it. He feels so strongly about who he wants to win as much as his badminton. You are making it sound like these guys don't know what they are doing except follow orders. We are not that naive even though you may be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    At the start of the 1st game it seems LCW was surprised by LD's tactic and LD rushed to a 10:1 lead. LD was very calm and patient, his made so few mistakes in the 1st game and LCW pretty much cannot do anything.

LCW actually did OK in the 2nd game. In contrast LD started to make more mistakes. Once LCW leaded 10:6. But he failed to take this chance by (maybe) being too eager and made a few mistakes which contributed to LD's decisive 6-points run. After that it seems to me LCW did not have much confidence anymore and was doomed.
    LCW just caught napping, like his AE MSF vs CJ. CHN MS preparations were definitely meticulous and thoroughly deserved their wins.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dear,

Someone in BAM must have said yes. There's no way any shuttler would be allowed or dare to get involved without clearance from higher ups.BAM should just have a rule specifying that no player is allowed to be involved officially in politics so that requests can be turned down stating that rule instead of coming across as not 'giving face'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    No worries . It was a dig at the statement of Misbun waiting to try out new tournament strategies. Sometimes humor fails.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck View Post
    No worries . It was a dig at the statement of Misbun waiting to try out new tournament strategies. Sometimes humor fails.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    It has nothing to do with backbone. The guy wants to go else he would not have done it. He feels so strongly about who he wants to win as much as his badminton. You are making it sound like these guys don't know what they are doing except follow orders. We are not that naive even though you may be.
    If its not about having a backbone, then I am saying to go and campaign for some politician when the AE & SO is just around the corner is beyond poor planning. And the results at the AE & SO are pretty clear for all.

Nothing to do with being naive and etc as brought up by you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Too Gooood...

Naahh...think that Chong Wei has played his very best of course..it's hard to watch Chong Wei in action and proceed to final.. And for me, Lin Dan has got the rhythm of the play and he has ruled the court nearly 100%...that's why he deserve to be champion and entitled as the no.1 badminton player.. and the most stylish player of all..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dear,

Kah kah kah, that's really funny, what does that got to do with "back bone" when it's the boss telling them to go. The invites go thru BAM, BAM asked them to go, BAM is their boss.
    If your boss asked you to go somewhere, you have to go, you know very well. If one doesnt follow, the boss can show the door, I dunno, maybe your boss super nice. You saying like the players can over rule BAM orders.
    BAM is their boss & for the MD players it was last minute, Rexy did say if he knew about it he wouldnt have allowed them to go.

And CTF/LWW did win the tourney after that, it sure didnt distract them.
    It's not the players who must have "back bone", it's BAM, not to allow politicians to make use of players.

LCW - which distraction - the England charity event or the political one? Rexy also agreed for the charity one (means Rexy didnt think it'll be a distraction). Rexy is also one who wants his players to be focused, he thought it to be ok, so did Misbun & LCW. Taufik didnt go for the England charity event, he lost to LCW in AE, not LCW lost to Taufik.

Cai Yun also goes for charity events in between back-to-back tournaments (the articles came out in Badzine), he did lose too during that time(other times he won), would that mean it distracted him?

China players go for photo takes for products, magazine shoots, events organised by those products, charity events, that's organised by China BA, that includes Lin Dan & BCL. The photos are all in the respective player's threads. China BA told them to go, in China even more they must follow orders.

After attending all that, it didnt distract LD, LD can still win. Even if LD or other China's top players didnt win, the events thingy (political or other wise) would not be the reason.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-19-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kah kah kah, that's really funny, what does that got to do with "back bone" when it's the boss telling them to go. The invites go thru BAM, BAM asked them to go, BAM is their boss.
    If your boss asked you to go somewhere, you have to go, you know very well. If one doesnt follow, the boss can show the door, I dunno, maybe your boss super nice. You saying like the players can over rule BAM orders.
    BAM is their boss & for the MD players it was last minute, Rexy did say if he knew about it he wouldnt have allowed them to go.

And CTF/LWW did win the tourney after that, it sure didnt distract them.
    It's not the players who must have "back bone", it's BAM, not to allow politicians to make use of players.

LCW - which distraction - the England charity event or the political one? Rexy also agreed for the charity one (means Rexy didnt think it'll be a distraction). Rexy is also one who wants his players to be focused, he thought it to be ok, so did Misbun & LCW. Taufik didnt go for the England charity event, he lost to LCW in AE, not LCW lost to Taufik.

Cai Yun also goes for charity events in between back-to-back tournaments (the articles came out in Badzine), he did lose too during that time(other times he won), would that mean it distracted him?

China players go for photo takes for products, magazine shoots, events organised by those products, charity events, that's organised by China BA, that includes Lin Dan & BCL. The photos are all in the respective player's threads. China BA told them to go, in China even more they must follow orders.

After attending all that, it didnt distract LD, LD can still win. Even if LD or other China's top players didnt win, the events thingy (political or other wise) would not be the reason.
    So, if your boss ask you do something which is out of your job scope, you will go along??? For example, if your boss ask you to go and help out his uncle's restaurant on the weekends, you will get all excited and go "yes siree, it will be my honour and all"? Well, I guess there are brown nosers in every organization. Anyway, all the best with your sucking up.

As for the being fired part, suggest you read up & understand our Msian labour law, seriously.

I have said it many times, but let me put in to you again ; as long as we got idiots and lackeys running our sports association, we will continue to have a culture of pampering and the end result will be us having a high majority of mentally weak sportsmen/women.

As for your query on which event I was refering about in regards to LCW, please la read my posting. I said him playing badminton with Ling Hee Liong during the 12GE campaign. Easy enough for you??

Bottom line, our shuttlers need to ask themselves a serious question. Do they want to win that AE & SO and that Olympic gold?? If yes, they should have put in 100% effort and concentrate solely on training and resting. What others do are their business. What you are saying is that TH , Cai Yun & China players etc etc are doing this promo and everything. That is their problem. Maybe TH who have won that WC and OG while Cai Yun, the WC ... maybe they think they can relax a little. BUT for our shuttlers, we have NOT WON that Olympic gold.

Thats the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haiz poor lcw......whenever he win or lose there are always criticism...no wonder he cannot play in peace.......he already tried his best but sometime things will not work as what we plan...
    easy for us to say that he should do this and that or he should not do this and bla bla bla but things are not as simple as what we think it is...
    Just let LCW plays his game..he and his coach know what to do =____________='''
    Last edited by xsakurax; 03-20-2008 at 02:06 AM.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast