User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rite...Lets back to the post origin.. The root cause is he makes too many mistake..

Quote Originally Posted by Arceid View Post
    If LD made smashes at 50000Km/h, what would be the result ?

I am not a fan of any badminton players, but the true is : LCW lost to CJ in AE, and to LD in swiss SS. Maybe he made more errors than usual in these matches, but he made them. If we tell "if" each time someone looses, it leads to nothing. LCW just has to work more if he wants to win the OG.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wocdam View Post
    i think be it LCW or LD or whoever players, nowadays we are getting players going for shots closer and closer to the lines. LHI did it when he beat LD in korea open, LCW trying it when he plays LD today but lost, and many more. I think that players are getting faster, and bigger and have wider court coverage as compared to 10-15years ago. bring on the Hawk-Eye!! sooner or later, line judges will not be able to keep up with the calls
    15 years ago, did you ever see/watch Han Jian testing shuttlecocks?
    he can serves/hits to that exact point. if you place a 12" diameter basket at that spot, he can place 90% inside the basket. the accuracy of placing....
    back to topic,
    LCW just not play at his form. at his form, we may have a better match to watch. however, congrats to LD for outstanding performance and win the final. fellow Malaysians, please do not give too much pressure.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy View Post
    LD has better badminton brain than LCW. LCW should hv smashed more during the 1st, when the drift is behind him. Why on earth Misbun didnt remind him to change tactics when all shots lifted went long? Whereas LD's attacking play in the 2nd set earn him the victory.
    Disappointing performance by LCW. He should hv wrapped up the 2nd game, instead of giving away points to LD.
    Each coach has their own philosophy, Li Mao style is attack, attack, and attach while Musbun emphasizes more on deceptions and strokes.
    I guess the main reason why Chong Wei feel so comfortable with Misbun style is because of the success it brought late last year during the stretch run in Europe.
    As a Malaysian fan, we shouldn't be too critical about criticism by those who are on Lin Dan side, after all Chong Wei did fail so many times playing against him. Lin Dan is still the undisputed world #1 player that we need to respect even though he is from China.
    Chong Wei and Misbun just have to review their strategies and make amendment. No reason to be too discourage as this is the first time these 2 players have met this year?
    Chong Wei is an very unique player who possess the strength of both attacking and defending skill plus ability to vary the pace since he has been coached by 2 vastly different style see-fu(master), Li Mao and Misbun. Like the Chinese Kung-Fu, Ying and Yang so Chong Wei just needs to mix the Ying and Yang well enough then he will be "Tian Siar Wu Tee"(can't be beaten)
    The question is, will that day come?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW natural style is suited to Strokes and deception. LM changed his styled, he was still a good player, but IMO where LM failed was not to embrace LCW's special side.

If Misbun can allow himself to let LCW attack in some circumstances, then LCW will be able to seriously challenge the MS category.

In AE2008 LCW looked confused. He had the thought and chances to attack, but thought better. In this way LCW is weak as he only follows what his coach tell him, he does not use his own mind. When people say LCW has not got a badminton brain this is not true, he just does not use it, he uses his coaches. In tight situations this is not the right thing to have LD changes his play to match the situation within a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Each coach has their own philosophy, Li Mao style is attack, attack, and attach while Musbun emphasizes more on deceptions and strokes.
    I guess the main reason why Chong Wei feel so comfortable with Misbun style is because of the success it brought late last year during the stretch run in Europe.
    As a Malaysian fan, we shouldn't be too critical about criticism by those who are on Lin Dan side, after all Chong Wei did fail so many times playing against him. Lin Dan is still the undisputed world #1 player that we need to respect even though he is from China.
    Chong Wei and Misbun just have to review their strategies and make amendment. No reason to be too discourage as this is the first time these 2 players have met this year?
    Chong Wei is an very unique player who possess the strength of both attacking and defending skill plus ability to vary the pace since he has been coached by 2 vastly different style see-fu(master), Li Mao and Misbun. Like the Chinese Kung-Fu, Ying and Yang so Chong Wei just needs to mix the Ying and Yang well enough then he will be "Tian Siar Wu Tee"(can't be beaten)
    The question is, will that day come?
    Exactly the point. LCW has the weapons and ability to interchange these attacking and defensive styles, but how come cant seemed to do it consistently? Misbun must be alert enough to remind him when a tactic is working against him in the match, it happened in AE and now in SO also. Tactical wise, i think LM is far better.
    LD hv my respect for being the most consistent player right now, & his ability to play smart in the game is the key being successful.
    Last edited by zqloy; 03-16-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    LCW natural style is suited to Strokes and deception. LM changed his styled, he was still a good player, but IMO where LM failed was not to embrace LCW's special side.

If Misbun can allow himself to let LCW attack in some circumstances, then LCW will be able to seriously challenge the MS category.

In AE2008 LCW looked confused. He had the thought and chances to attack, but thought better. In this way LCW is weak as he only follows what his coach tell him, he does not use his own mind. When people say LCW has not got a badminton brain this is not true, he just does not use it, he uses his coaches. In tight situations this is not the right thing to have LD changes his play to match the situation within a game.
    LM's style of attack is truly awesome... the things he's been able to do with Sun Jun, Lee Chong Wei and Li Hyun Il...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... I hate to sound offensive, but everytime LCW loses, a thread like this comes up... There are no excuses, making errors in a game is the player's fault. A better player is more consistent in his shots, thus he doesn't commit that much error... In this case, LD was better, no excuses...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Morten Frost used just one word to describe Lee Chong Wei's game - 'passive'
    Considering what's happening now, Frost couldn't have been more right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Morten Frost used just one word to describe Lee Chong Wei's game - 'passive'
    Considering what's happening now, Frost couldn't have been more right.
    He is getting better - at least he is not picking up shuttles for LD anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xymaerts View Post
    The awaiting MS match ended up with LCW produces many errors in his games. Thus, bring down the excitement & quality of the game... His tactic works well but If all his "shots" went a little bit inside the court...He can turn the result the other way round...He had lost to himself infact..
    why cant you jst admit that lin dan is in a better form than LCW?
    no need excuses...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I don't make any errors
    If I can smash more powerful than LinDan or LCW,
    if...
    if...
    I wouldn't be here to chat with you and you all will try to get my signiture
    since,
    if all this ifs are true
    I am the number one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time LD...LD,LD,LD..boring!!!=P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is not finding excuses. He is trying to put himself into the position of LCW's coach and to analyze the exact reason of LCW's loss.

He has no objection to LD playing better today. But he wants to find out the reason why LD performed so much better than LCW today. Is it normal? Is it because LCW played worse than usual? Is it because LD played better than usual? etc.

Actually we see coaches say their players "lost to themselves" all the time. It's not simply an excuse. What they mean is that their players are mentally disturbed by their desire to win and consequently under-perform.

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    why cant you jst admit that lin dan is in a better form than LCW?
    no need excuses...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You making no error: This is not a realistic assumption, since you know even in training you make some errors.

LCW making less errors than today: This is a realistic assumption, since we all have seen LCW's pervious matches, in almost all of them he indeed made less mistakes.

Big difference.

Please stop argue for the purpose of attacking other people. If you play badminton, I bet there are times you lose to your opponent badly because you under-perform. What's wrong admitting that if that's the truth? And what's wrong proposing this possibility and check whether it is indeed the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverlove View Post
    If I don't make any errors
    If I can smash more powerful than LinDan or LCW,
    if...
    if...
    I wouldn't be here to chat with you and you all will try to get my signiture
    since,
    if all this ifs are true
    I am the number one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    Let me kindly bring you back to the right direction here:

LCW lost to Lin Dan in Swiss open final...

Have you guys learned how to say "LCW lost" without giving any excuses... or at least a new excuse for a change besides the usual:

"he made too many errors"
    "he is not himself"
    "he injured himself"
    "too much pressure from fans and coaches"
    "line-judges' bias calls"
    "he isn't boleh-ing"
    "LYB interference"

Just admit that his opponents beat him fair and square for a change... learn from Taufik's fans... they just admit that Taufik lost fair and square each time.

and at the moment, the only one capable of beating Lin Dan is "Li YongBo", and nobody else.
    LD is just a human.. any player can beat him
    taufik will beat him in OG ... or maybe Ld will slip in early round like previous OG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If LD is 95 in the scale to 100 (no one is perfect), LCW is 90. So most of time LD will win. In rare occations, LD only performs to 90 and LCW performs to 95, LCW may win that day. But most of time, LD will win.

When you play a player that is below you, it seems everything is right. You can return opponent's shots easily. You can try all sorts of trick shots. But when you face a opponent that is above you. You seem have a lot of trouble. A lot of errors creeping in. You are lucky just able to return opponent's shots. I think we all have that experience.

LCW met a better player today. That's why he made so many mistakes and lost. If LCW meets lower ranking player, he will not make many errors even in his off days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of agree with this. LD 95, LCW 90. The problem is that LD is very mature now and are less prone to under-perform (meaning: LD will always perform >88) while LCW's mind is still a bit unstable and can vary from 90 to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayer View Post
    If LD is 95 in the scale to 100 (no one is perfect), LCW is 90. So most of time LD will win. In rare occations, LD only performs to 90 and LCW performs to 95, LCW may win that day. But most of time, LD will win.

When you play a player that is below you, it seems everything is right. You can return opponent's shots easily. You can try all sorts of trick shots. But when you face a opponent that is above you. You seem have a lot of trouble. A lot of errors creeping in. You are lucky just able to return opponent's shots. I think we all have that experience.

LCW met a better player today. That's why he made so many mistakes and lost. If LCW meets lower ranking player, he will not make many errors even in his off days.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast