User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 230
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LinDan is like Tiger or Roger. Nobody can touches them in any good days, and rarely few ppl caught him on his off days albeit LYB's "involvement". Having said so, LD is ONE LEVEL above the rest of the world, coz he is as dominant as Tiger or Roger. PERIOD.

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    LinDan is like Tiger or Roger. Nobody can touches them in any good days, and rarely few ppl caught him on his off days albeit LYB's "involvement". Having said so, LD is ONE LEVEL above the rest of the world, coz he is as dominant as Tiger or Roger. PERIOD.
    yeah... he's the roger frederer of badminton... i just hope any player can beat him in OG..

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    This is exactly what BF is NOT about. Please make your posts about the players, coaches or badminton in general....not personal insults or insults directed at groups of supporters.

    Otherwise you will be banned.

    Others need to refrain from retaliation as this will be removed and you risked yourself being banned.
    I totally agree with your post here. This is the right direction and approach that all BCers should follow: there should be no attack and insult to people, including BCers, players, and coaches, based on their preference, alliance, nationality, race, gender, origin, etc. BCers doing so deserve to be banned.

    Additional approaches might be helpful:

    When criticizing players and coaches, please do it constructively and try to do it to your own players and coaches, instead of to the opponents to whom you don't even support to avoid the appearance of being biased, degrading or bashing, which will certainly bring out sharp defense from the other side.

    For criticism in a general nature that has been aired frequently in the forum, BCers should look for solutions to fix the problems instead. There is little value added by repeating the same criticism in BC over and over.

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist View Post
    yeah... he's the roger frederer of badminton... i just hope any player can beat him in OG..
    Dont dream. Taufik has less than 20% to beat LD and LCW has only 40% to match him. It will be all CHN affairs

  5. #39
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,918
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    I totally agree with your post here. This is the right direction and approach that all BCers should follow: there should be no attack and insult to people, including BCers, players, and coaches, based on their preference, alliance, nationality, race, gender, origin, etc. BCers doing so deserve to be banned.

    Additional approaches might be helpful:

    When criticizing players and coaches, please do it constructively and try to do it to your own players and coaches, instead of to the opponents to whom you don't even support to avoid the appearance of being biased, degrading or bashing, which will certainly bring out sharp defense from the other side.

    For criticism in a general nature that has been aired frequently in the forum, BCers should look for solutions to fix the problems instead. There is little value added by repeating the same criticism in BC over and over.
    very well said. thank you Birdwood.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Dont dream. Taufik has less than 20% to beat LD and LCW has only 40% to match him. It will be all CHN affairs
    i think lindan will get a huge pressure... he knows he must win this OG ,he can't fail for second time. he may not be able to play in OG 2012... losing in OG 2008 may be a taint for his 'perfect' accomplishment/achievement as a badminton player
    Last edited by taufik-ist; 03-16-2008 at 12:52 PM.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I remember Morten Frost commented in AE during the game between KJ and LD that KJ has to risk and place every shot very close to the side line because he knows he won't stand a chance against LD if he don't play better than normal, thus he made many mistakes and lost. Could this be the same reason for LCW? That LD is the main factor that caused LCW for many mistakes???

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In fact KJ didn't do well in that match. Morten also commented that KJ didn't seem to be confident.

    To me, KJ seemed scared by LD before the match started. He assumed from the start that LD was too good to be beaten by usual shots. When one player is dominated by that kind of thinking, basically he's gonna lose. KJ made himself under double-pressure: the pressure from LD's shots and the pressure from the formidable LD in KJ's mind.

    LCW may have the same problem. I haven't watched the match, but according to some ppl's description, it seems LCW was thinking too much from the start. He committed many mistakes even before LD pressured him to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    I remember Morten Frost commented in AE during the game between KJ and LD that KJ has to risk and place every shot very close to the side line because he knows he won't stand a chance against LD if he don't play better than normal, thus he made many mistakes and lost. Could this be the same reason for LCW? That LD is the main factor that caused LCW for many mistakes???

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    In fact KJ didn't do well in that match. Morten also commented that KJ didn't seem to be confident.

    To me, KJ seemed scared by LD before the match started. He assumed from the start that LD was too good to be beaten by usual shots. When one player is dominated by that kind of thinking, basically he's gonna lose. KJ made himself under double-pressure: the pressure from LD's shots and the pressure from the formidable LD in KJ's mind.

    LCW may have the same problem. I haven't watched the match, but according to some ppl's description, it seems LCW was thinking too much from the start. He committed many mistakes even before LD pressured him to do so.
    Thus it is still LD who affected their confidence. I don't think they would commit the same mistakes say if they play against me.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    Let me kindly bring you back to the right direction here:

    LCW lost to Lin Dan in Swiss open final...

    Have you guys learned how to say "LCW lost" without giving any excuses... or at least a new excuse for a change besides the usual:

    "he made too many errors"
    "he is not himself"
    "he injured himself"
    "too much pressure from fans and coaches"
    "line-judges' bias calls"
    "he isn't boleh-ing"
    "LYB interference"

    Just admit that his opponents beat him fair and square for a change... learn from Taufik's fans... they just admit that Taufik lost fair and square each time.

    and at the moment, the only one capable of beating Lin Dan is "Li YongBo", and nobody else.
    One more, line judges can beat LD too

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sure it is.

    However, let me give you a counter-example. CJ vs. LCW in AE08. CJ looked a bit reluctant and didn't do well in most of the 1st game -- maybe due to their previous head to head. But then he thought, what the hell, I would just fight and do whatever I could. We all know that happened after that.

    So the point is, LCW should let LD's shots, instead of his fame, to force him to commit errors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    Thus it is still LD who affected their confidence. I don't think they would commit the same mistakes say if they play against me.

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xymaerts View Post
    Rite...Lets back to the post origin.. The root cause is he makes too many mistake..
    i havent seen the video yet but i can say the root cause is pressure from LD forcing LCW to make mistakes. If LCW play cooler, LCW will not make any any mistakes.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-16-2008 at 02:11 PM.

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    One more, line judges can beat LD too
    only happening outside of china

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK, I don't think it make sense.

    You're saying only IF LCW shots were more into court. Well what IF it was inside of the court and LD hits it back, then what. You're making what IF statements that only favors one side of party.

    I totally agree with Bannanakid, LCW lost. His fans should just except it. You don't see LD fans making these kind of thread when LD loses, because they know to just support him, not make excuses for him.

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the thing we need to find out is whether this pressure comes from LD's shots or from LD's fame (or head to head with LCW). If it is the former, then LCW is pretty much doomed since LD is like one class above him; If it is the latter, then LCW can work on his mental strength and do better next time. The description from those ppl watching the match indicates that the latter is true, but of course we need to find the video and judge with our own eyes.

    In fact, if LCW play cooler, and cooler is in super-form that day and returned some of LCW's great shots, I suspect LCW will indeed lose his cool and commit some mistakes.

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i havent seen the video yet but i can say the root cause is pressure from LD forcing LCW to make mistakes. If LCW play cooler, LCW will not make any any mistakes.

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LD fans do make similar arguments. For example LD is not in form in AG06 final or LD was just testing his new tactics in Sudirman 07; etc.

    The thing is, due to LD's fabulous career in the past 4 years, many ppl tends to see the above arguments as real reasons instead of "excuses". I understand that ( in fact I myself support some of the above "excuses" ), but to treat similar arguments for LCW as purely "excuses" is definitely unfair.

    As to "making a thread", this forum is dominated by people coming from MAS and IND, that's why when LCW or TH loses, such threads appear.

    Quote Originally Posted by bad_fanatic View Post
    You don't see LD fans making these kind of thread when LD loses, because they know to just support him, not make excuses for him.

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    I think the thing we need to find out is whether this pressure comes from LD's shots or from LD's fame (or head to head with LCW). If it is the former, then LCW is pretty much doomed since LD is like one class above him; If it is the latter, then LCW can work on his mental strength and do better next time. The description from those ppl watching the match indicates that the latter is true, but of course we need to find the video and judge with our own eyes.

    In fact, if LCW play cooler, and cooler is in super-form that day and returned some of LCW's great shots, I suspect LCW will indeed lose his cool and commit some mistakes.
    i will keep aiming for the tape and side lines, some shots will bound to hit the tape and roll over or land on the line I loved the NSS

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Swiss Open 1st round
    By Vaido in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 33
    : 03-20-2008, 06:47 AM
  2. Swiss Open 2008: Day 3 (13 Mar)
    By badMania in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008
    Replies: 917
    : 03-16-2008, 02:31 AM
  3. Swiss Open 2008: Day 2 (12 Mar)
    By badMania in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008
    Replies: 898
    : 03-13-2008, 02:29 AM
  4. Swiss Open 2008 Withdrawals
    By robin7 in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008
    Replies: 36
    : 03-13-2008, 02:21 AM
  5. Swiss Open 2008 Livescore!
    By george@chongwei in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008
    Replies: 0
    : 03-09-2008, 09:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •