User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 230
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,016
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad_fanatic View Post

    I totally agree with Bannanakid, LCW lost. His fans should just except it. You don't see LD fans making these kind of thread when LD loses, because they know to just support him, not make excuses for him.
    As ye333 already posted on the LD thingy. Xymaerts, the thread starter, is not making excuses or defending LCW, Xymaerts is disappointed that LCW played badly.

    As for making excuses, in the Msian scene even if the reason given is "the opponent played better today" it would be seen as an excuse i.e. mentally weak, yada, yada, yada.
    Basically, any tame losses to LD is not acceptable, any loss to lower ranked players is also not acceptable("How can you lose to lower ranked players?"). Since LCW is WR#2, that's from No 3 downwards. And these kind of stuff is featured in the major newspapers.

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brisbane!
    Posts
    4,751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I first read this thread yesterday night, but was too tired to respond to it.

    I think bananakid is being childish and his usual stubborn self.

    What is wrong with finding out what went wrong? Us, as badminton fans will naturally want to know why LCW fell tamely to LD. Since many of us didn't watch the game, we want to know why. This is not giving excuse to him. This is what we didn't expect, so we want to know whether LD was superb, LCW was injured, LCW was below his form etc etc. Whats wrong with that?

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    21,963
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Let me make my point clearer.

    LCW was indeed "not himself" when playing CJ (you can listen to Morten Frost's commentation, he said LCW is just like 60% compared to when he played TH; Also Jamesd20 has a great analysis of LCW's problem). But my point is, if CJ did not forget about his bad head to head and did not choose to simply fight without thinking too much about winning, he would never be able to take advantage of this fact.

    In KJ's case, because KJ lacked confidence from the very start, he was even unable to force LD to show his true form. Same goes with Sairul. I think he had the chance to force LD to hit the "turbo" button, but he collapsed too early and simply gave the game to LD.
    maybe it's true, maybe it's not. The key question is, why do these top pros like lcw and kj are still nagged by 'lack of confidence' syndrome? I think this 'lack of confidence' comment or excuse is just a catch all phrase. These are not kiddies, they are seasoned pros. To bring up they 'lack of confidence' reason now is either naive or it's a dim outlook for them. Maybe they will reach self confidence when... LD retires.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-16-2008 at 09:32 PM.

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,091
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Be a sport and take that loss

    Dear Malaysians,

    Our LCW lost, period. He was clearly beaten by a more superior LD last night.
    No excuses please.

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Dear Malaysians,

    Our LCW lost, period. He was clearly beaten by a more superior LD last night.
    No excuses please.
    Sometimes, it is good to fail after a few successes. Such failure will result self review and enlightenment, thereby progressing further...

    Thanks.

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because LD is a better player, as simple as that.

    Same thing happened to LD. When I watch 05-06 LD vs. TH matches, in particular those after 05 WC (even after LD won WC06), I sense that LD was not fully confident. LD became fully confident only after WC07.

    Li Lingwei once said (in the context that Susi was dominating WS), maybe she should continue play for a few more years (to prevent this situation). Do you think it's purely an excuse? I don't think so. There is some truth in it. Li Lingwei's retirement leaves a vacuum in world WS and Susi rose up to fill it, should Li Lingwei continue to play for a few years, Susi may not have enough time to build full confidence before a new generation of Chinese WS arrived.

    For LCW, unfortunately even if LD get married after OG08, it's not likely that he will (like TH) stop training. So indeed it's not clear how LCW can overcome this confidence problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    maybe it's true, maybe it's not. The key question is, why do these top pros like lcw and kj are still nagged by 'lack of confidence' syndrome? I think this 'lack of confidence' comment or excuse is just a catch all phrase. These are not kiddies, they are seasoned pros. To bring up they 'lack of confidence' reason now is either naive or it's a dim outlook for them. Maybe they will reach self confidence when... LD retires.

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    21,963
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKChua View Post
    Sometimes, it is good to fail after a few successes. Such failure will result self review and enlightenment, thereby progressing further...

    Thanks.
    I think a postmortem of any match is fine, as long as it doesn't sound too ridiculous

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Again we are not finding excuses..In fact each wining or losing there must be a reason behind! LCW is now on par with LD... The wining factor is base on the on court performance(tactic,less error,pressure handling etc..)..I could not agree that LD is still better then LCW.. But if you say LD play better in that match.. I would agree..

    Or we twist the question to what is the REASON/wining factor for LD in this match? The answer will be from the so call "excuses" from LCW...

    Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    why cant you jst admit that lin dan is in a better form than LCW?
    no need excuses...

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xymaerts View Post
    Again we are not finding excuses..In fact each wining or losing there must be a reason behind! LCW is now on par with LD... The wining factor is base on the on court performance(tactic,less error,pressure handling etc..)..I could not agree that LD is still better then LCW.. But if you say LD play better in that match.. I would agree..

    Or we twist the question to what is the REASON/wining factor for LD in this match? The answer will be from the so call "excuses" from LCW...
    I don't think I agree with you that LCW is on par with LD.
    In my opinion:
    - Physically LD is fitter (may be not by much).
    - His attack is still more superior for setting him up to win point.
    - His placement is more accurate/ less unforced errors.
    - Mentally stronger/more confident.

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xymaerts View Post
    Again we are not finding excuses..In fact each wining or losing there must be a reason behind! LCW is now on par with LD... The wining factor is base on the on court performance(tactic,less error,pressure handling etc..)..I could not agree that LD is still better then LCW.. But if you say LD play better in that match.. I would agree..

    Or we twist the question to what is the REASON/wining factor for LD in this match? The answer will be from the so call "excuses" from LCW...
    it seems like ur trying to convince URSELF that LCW is on par with LD...i like them both...but imo LD is still a notch ahead of LCW...head to head.. and a country mile when it comes to winning titles

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i like chong wei..........but i cant denied that Lin Dan is much stronger than chong wei..........

  12. #80
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That is what u though.. i can only agree on your last point...As i had said many many times, who can handle this well. He is the champ!

    Quote Originally Posted by sjoe View Post
    I don't think I agree with you that LCW is on par with LD.
    In my opinion:
    - Physically LD is fitter (may be not by much).
    - His attack is still more superior for setting him up to win point.
    - His placement is more accurate/ less unforced errors.
    - Mentally stronger/more confident.

  13. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is now on Par means... the recent(07,08) head to head count..correct me if i was wrong, the head to head count is tie base on (07,08). This wining match is the tie breaker for LD

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuMcFung View Post
    it seems like ur trying to convince URSELF that LCW is on par with LD...i like them both...but imo LD is still a notch ahead of LCW...head to head.. and a country mile when it comes to winning titles

  14. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Yes, I like to see action from the administration if someone does not follow this rule since Kwun thinks it is well said. Often, I have to defend our own players and coaches from BC'ers who do it out of bias to spite other nationalities - why do I have to do that if the administration is not taking action. And retaliation becomes inevitable.
    Good point. But I would like the adminsitration to apply the same standard to ALL MEMBERS and all background across this forum. Where I often have to defend not my own, but players and coaches from BC'er who do it out of bias to spite to other nationalities.

  15. #83
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xymaerts View Post
    Is now on Par means... the recent(07,08) head to head count..correct me if i was wrong, the head to head count is tie base on (07,08). This wining match is the tie breaker for LD
    there u go..LD won the tie breaker..u answered it urself

  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,292
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuMcFung View Post
    it seems like ur trying to convince URSELF that LCW is on par with LD...i like them both...but imo LD is still a notch ahead of LCW...head to head.. and a country mile when it comes to winning titles
    Remember this: LD is not going to have 2 CHN MS lined up for him in OG08, like here. Maybe not even 1 CHN MS. He's gonna be on his own.
    Of course LCW is on par with LD. LD has a lot of respect for LCW . Look how LD invites LCW to share the same champion podium with him.I don't think LD offers that to any other player.

  17. #85
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xymaerts View Post
    That is what u though.. i can only agree on your last point...As i had said many many times, who can handle this well. He is the champ!
    When LCW under Misbun, he did improve his deception, Taufik kind of deception (delay shot) which Taufik use it to slow down LD attacks which was very effective. This work well to LD for a while but then LD has also learned to be more patient in his attack by do extra more drop shot if necessary. LCW has not improved to come up with new strategy while LD does.
    LCW sometime IMO overdoing the kind of deception delay shot which cause him unforced errors or become not deceptive anymore.
    One shot that he can learn from Taufik is returning LD smash to the middle of the net when you can. This work well to many left handed player.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Swiss Open 1st round
    By Vaido in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 33
    : 03-20-2008, 06:47 AM
  2. Swiss Open 2008: Day 3 (13 Mar)
    By badMania in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008
    Replies: 917
    : 03-16-2008, 02:31 AM
  3. Swiss Open 2008: Day 2 (12 Mar)
    By badMania in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008
    Replies: 898
    : 03-13-2008, 02:29 AM
  4. Swiss Open 2008 Withdrawals
    By robin7 in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008
    Replies: 36
    : 03-13-2008, 02:21 AM
  5. Swiss Open 2008 Livescore!
    By george@chongwei in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008
    Replies: 0
    : 03-09-2008, 09:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •