User Tag List

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist View Post

LCW: you think you're the most handsome... huh...
    LD: yes.. i'am, ask the boys behind us who's the most handsome between us

boys:... Taufik is the most handsome !!!!!!!!!
    yeah,at least some of my famale teammates ranks him the most handsome player. but imo he seems to lack manliness.

Taufik used to be the favorite player in our club when we were expecting wonderful head to head in confrtation with Lindan. but now it is LCW. we need to give special thanks to the three above,for bringing us the coolest era of badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"That's exactly the problem, LD. I lose, they say I'm not good enough. I win, they think I'm not good enough either. There's no pleasing anybody, is there?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Color matching..

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post

that picture is cute. their shirts' colours kinda match.
    ..too bad their hair colors didn't match their shirt's colors...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW: i thought we all agreed to wear red?
    LD: and what do you call these 2 stripes here, blue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Bad line judging in Korea? Yeah, I know how that felt. You'll get over it".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Drift or no drift, LD is a much better player shuttler than LCW. And he showed that last night by totally outplaying LCW.
    I wont say totally. The 2nd set was evenly matched, but LCW seriously hv to work on his tactics if he wants to beat the chinese players. CJ and LD both used the correct strategies and tactics to beat LCW; he must learn to think fast and be ready to make changes when necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy View Post
    I wont say totally. The 2nd set was evenly matched, but LCW seriously hv to work on his tactics if he wants to beat the chinese players. CJ and LD both used the correct strategies and tactics to beat LCW; he must learn to think fast and be ready to make changes when necessary.
    i'm just making a general comment, not criticizing lcw.

some of u guys keep changing your tunes. Misbun/lcw is changing strategies. I dont believe they r that dumb. LCW is 2nd best IMO, so lcw/misbun only need to focus on LD. When playing a fast player like LD, we see tons of advices given here in BF on strategy threads. You want to slow down the fast paced opponent with deep clears and more rallying. Funny how lcw is doing that but now u MAL fans say we must get li mao back so steer lcw back to a attacking player. ROFL I dont have to invent anything, i just recall what was said before

My advice? BAM hire both li mao and misbun. Depending on who lcw faces or which set is being played, misbun and li mao can switch role on the fly at the coaches bench LOL Poor LYB, 2 coaches against one LOL
    Last edited by cooler; 03-17-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post

that picture is cute. their shirts' colours kinda match.
    LCW: can you let me win next time?
    LD: let me ask LYB first...
    Boys: no match fixing!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post

"Bad line judging in Korea? Yeah, I know how that felt. You'll get over it".
    LD: I am and I have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xymaerts View Post
    Yes and this is what quoted by Misbun in thestar.com.my

Lin Dan broke Chong Wei's rhythm in the first game. He sent the shuttle above Chong Wei at the back. This made it difficult for Chong Wei to return with accurate shots,” said Misbun in a telephone interview from Base.
    “Chong Wei did well to come out of it in the second but he just did not have the finishing.
    “Overall, I think, Chong Wei did well. He did not lose out on skill but on not having the right strategy to get back at Lin Dan. I am sure that the next time they meet, Chong Wei would have learnt well on how to handle a similar situation.”
    For those who only do selective reading and people who claim LD didn't put good pressure on LCW, please read the statement above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most ppl are trying to understand the result and they appreciate Misbun's explanation. So please don't be so offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    For those who only do selective reading and people who claim LD didn't put good pressure on LCW, please read the statement above.
    Last edited by ye333; 03-17-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    I think most ppl are trying to understand the result and they appreciate Misbun's explanation. So please don't be so offensive.
    I am just trying to point out the part where people missed in understanding the result.

That LCW lost to himself, but more importantly, LD is the main contributed factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if u look at it as an overall rating that is correct. The main difference iis that LD is mentally tough, decisive and is mentally flexible enough to try different tactics to win the point. This ability compensates for any techical difference w/ his opponents.

LCW is actually superior technically and has a broad and flexible game that can support a varied tactical approach. The problem is that mentally he hasn't developed the ability to read the match situations and change tactics.

He prefers to go with the flow of the rally and hope that something develops. However, against the top level sometimes you will have to actively dictate play in order to win or change the momentum of the match.

I think this is the essential difference betewen LCW and Morten Frost. Frost played a rally style as well but with much greater purpose. He was always thinking to exploit a weakness and was very opportunistic; he was always ready to adapt his play to exploit any opportunity that arose.

That is why LCW is not consistent as you can only win going with the flow when his own game is totally on or your opponents is off.

Kind of agree with this. LD 95, LCW 90. The problem is that LD is very mature now and are less prone to under-perform (meaning: LD will always perform >88) while LCW's mind is still a bit unstable and can vary from 90 to 60.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, you cannot tell from the result alone whether LCW's mistakes are mainly due to himself or due to LD. So there is nothing wrong for some ppl to conjecture that the former is true -- of course there is nothing wrong for you to conjecture that the latter is true either.

Misbun's explanation indeed put some weight on your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    I am just trying to point out the part where people missed in understanding the result.

That LCW lost to himself, but more importantly, LD is the main contributed factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD used to be a bit too eager to prove his superiority, and when things were not going his way, he got frustrated. After WC07 it seems he overcame this a bit. He is more patient now.

LCW often seems a bit lost, doesn't know what he should do. LCW has the physique and skill, but he needs to be mentally more sharp/aggressive to match LD.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood_t View Post
    I think if u look at it as an overall rating that is correct. The main difference iis that LD is mentally tough, decisive and is mentally flexible enough to try different tactics to win the point. This ability compensates for any techical difference w/ his opponents.

LCW is actually superior technically and has a broad and flexible game that can support a varied tactical approach. The problem is that mentally he hasn't developed the ability to read the match situations and change tactics.

He prefers to go with the flow of the rally and hope that something develops. However, against the top level sometimes you will have to actively dictate play in order to win or change the momentum of the match.

I think this is the essential difference betewen LCW and Morten Frost. Frost played a rally style as well but with much greater purpose. He was always thinking to exploit a weakness and was very opportunistic; he was always ready to adapt his play to exploit any opportunity that arose.

That is why LCW is not consistent as you can only win going with the flow when his own game is totally on or your opponents is off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, you cannot tell from the result alone whether LCW's mistakes are mainly due to himself or due to LD. So there is nothing wrong for some ppl to conjecture that the former is true -- of course there is nothing wrong for you to conjecture that the latter is true either.

Misbun's explanation indeed put some weight on your opinion.
    from no weighting to only some weight now after misbun disclosure??? you're so generous hahaha
    Last edited by cooler; 03-17-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it's only "some weight". Simply because Misbun said it does not mean it's the whole truth. Sometimes you also do not agree with professionals' opinions, do you?

For example, Morten Frost commented that LCW is only at his 60% when playing CJ in AE08, do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    from no weighting to only some weight now after misbun disclosure??? you're so generous hahaha
    Last edited by ye333; 03-17-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast