Swiss Open 2008: LCW lost to himself !

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by xymaerts, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

The awaiting MS match ended up with LCW produces many errors in his games. Thus, bring down the excitement & quality of the game... His tactic works well but If all his "shots" went a little bit inside the court...He can turn the result the other way round...He had lost to himself infact..

2. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Let me kindly bring you back to the right direction here:

LCW lost to Lin Dan in Swiss open final...:eek::cool:

Have you guys learned how to say "LCW lost" without giving any excuses... or at least a new excuse for a change besides the usual:

"he made too many errors":mad:
    "he is not himself":mad:
    "he injured himself":mad:
    "too much pressure from fans and coaches":mad:
    "line-judges' bias calls":mad:
    "he isn't boleh-ing":mad:
    "LYB interference":mad:

Just admit that his opponents beat him fair and square for a change... learn from Taufik's fans... they just admit that Taufik lost fair and square each time.:cool:

and at the moment, the only one capable of beating Lin Dan is "Li YongBo", and nobody else.:p

3. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

We are not finding excuses...Everything happened, there must be a reason behind it.... As what i said before, is base on the on court performance. Who can handle this well. He is the winner.. This is the fact...

LCW does not handle the match well, that is the root cause.. Ask yourself.. if all his shots is inside the court.. What was the result??

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I got to admit LD is a bit classier on the day. LCW certainly did not play to expectation -- definitely not intimidating enough.

Oh well, LD has won one. The SS series is becoming more even. Bring on the next one or the Thomas Cup.:)

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You cannot be any better man -- every time LCW loses, you make the same insults. Boring.:rolleyes: Why can't you learn how to say LCW loses well for a change.:cool:

6. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I wonder China team will send their full strenght to ABC this year or not..Hmm...I hope they will because i wish to watch Lin Dan play..

7. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

Actually, he lost to LD because last time I checked, there were two players on each side of the court.

8. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

hmn.. not quite sure what do u mean :confused::confused:

9. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

LD has better badminton brain than LCW. LCW should hv smashed more during the 1st, when the drift is behind him. Why on earth Misbun didnt remind him to change tactics when all shots lifted went long? Whereas LD's attacking play in the 2nd set earn him the victory.
    Disappointing performance by LCW. He should hv wrapped up the 2nd game, instead of giving away points to LD.

#9 zqloy, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  10. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Which part of my post insulted LCW?

The entire post is directed toward someone like yourself... "excuses factory".:rolleyes:

11. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, well, he lost fair and square.
    LD was the better player on the day, and the better player won so that's all there is to say.

12. Arceid

Arceid Regular Member

High school
    If LD made smashes at 50000Km/h, what would be the result ?

I am not a fan of any badminton players, but the true is : LCW lost to CJ in AE, and to LD in swiss SS. Maybe he made more errors than usual in these matches, but he made them. If we tell "if" each time someone looses, it leads to nothing. LCW just has to work more if he wants to win the OG.

13. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

Exactly. Enough of these "if's and but's" which sprout out every time LCW loses!

14. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    This is exactly what BF is NOT about. Please make your posts about the players, coaches or badminton in general....not personal insults or insults directed at groups of supporters.

Otherwise you will be banned.

Others need to refrain from retaliation as this will be removed and you risked yourself being banned.

15. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

I agree with above bold statement. to me, LD won 2 SS so far this year (due to AE08).

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I am glad you are in control.:cool:

17. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    i think be it LCW or LD or whoever players, nowadays we are getting players going for shots closer and closer to the lines. LHI did it when he beat LD in korea open, LCW trying it when he plays LD today but lost, and many more. I think that players are getting faster, and bigger and have wider court coverage as compared to 10-15years ago. bring on the Hawk-Eye!! sooner or later, line judges will not be able to keep up with the calls

18. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Rite...Lets back to the post origin.. The root cause is he makes too many mistake..

19. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    15 years ago, did you ever see/watch Han Jian testing shuttlecocks?
    he can serves/hits to that exact point. if you place a 12" diameter basket at that spot, he can place 90% inside the basket. the accuracy of placing....;)
    back to topic,
    LCW just not play at his form. at his form, we may have a better match to watch. however, congrats to LD for outstanding performance and win the final. fellow Malaysians, please do not give too much pressure.......:)

20. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Each coach has their own philosophy, Li Mao style is attack, attack, and attach while Musbun emphasizes more on deceptions and strokes.
    I guess the main reason why Chong Wei feel so comfortable with Misbun style is because of the success it brought late last year during the stretch run in Europe.
    As a Malaysian fan, we shouldn't be too critical about criticism by those who are on Lin Dan side, after all Chong Wei did fail so many times playing against him. Lin Dan is still the undisputed world #1 player that we need to respect even though he is from China.
    Chong Wei and Misbun just have to review their strategies and make amendment. No reason to be too discourage as this is the first time these 2 players have met this year?
    Chong Wei is an very unique player who possess the strength of both attacking and defending skill plus ability to vary the pace since he has been coached by 2 vastly different style see-fu(master), Li Mao and Misbun. Like the Chinese Kung-Fu, Ying and Yang so Chong Wei just needs to mix the Ying and Yang well enough then he will be "Tian Siar Wu Tee"(can't be beaten) :D
    The question is, will that day come?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.