partner to play in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by pipipipi, Mar 16, 2008.

1. pipipipi

pipipipi Regular Member

Hi All,

I'm staffed in Vancouver downtown for 2 month and I would to find a partner to play badminton with or someone to show me around the badminton scene in Vancouver.

I'm an avid player and I heard badminton in Vancouver is great so if anyone of you guys can help me out that would be great. I know there are dedicated badminton centers in Vancouver such as ClearOne, VRC, RichmondPro, Yumo... etcs... but I'm just afraid if I go to one of those drop-in it will be hard join a game if everyone is paired up.

While I'm in VAncouver I'd preferabily like to play everyday since I don't have anything to do after work beside going back to my hotel.

So... Please msg me for any information. Any help is appreciated! :)

Thanks All!

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Our group plays at VRC on Mon, Wed, Sat nights, and you're welcome to drop by. Sat night is more lively and people stay longer into the night. I'll PM our contact number should you decide to come out.

ClearOne, RichmondPro are great centers, but you'll get better games if you arrive with your own group to play with. Drop-ins are chancey, maybe good games, maybe not, so you'd better call first.

RichmondPro guys/owners/coaches are awesome, and will play with you if they're free, although they do like to play in the middle of the day, preferably, and the courts are well-booked in the evening.

Oh, by the way, how mobile are you? Driving? Bussing?

-dave

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yes, come to VRC on Sat!

4. pipipipi

pipipipi Regular Member

thanks for all the replies so far. I will have to bus during the week days.. but I don't really mind busing just to play some badminton :).. but during the weekends I will rent a car which is a lot easier for me to get around! If VRC is doable by bus I'll be there! :) PM me!

5. MSN04

MSN04 Regular Member

Engineer
    Me LFG to play with too!

I think it is time to find new people to play with.

My level is beginner.