User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: to all TORONTONIANS

aaron?! lol hes my friend from school! haha!
    i beat him endlessly in singles...not that i'm good tho ^_^ just watch, i'm prolly the worst out of all of u!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops nm that, u were talkin about another aaron, altho my buddy aaron knows a jen as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um guys, so when are we going?
    i think saturday sounds good for me...i'll go on saturday! and i'll bring 2 friends...and be wearing blue sleeveless and grey shorts...mp77 with white strings.

Creative

Shaun, this Aaron guy wears glasses and also wears sleeveless shirt. I think you are talking about another Aaron. I don't think you can be this guy in singles. His smash is too good. Good luck on Saturday Shaun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default so whos up to it?

whos going on saturday?
    i'll see if i can go...and to the ppl that are planning to go: lets set up a meeting place some where inside the gyms...and tell us all what ur gonna wear/use etc.

Creative

Default Re: so whos up to it?

I'll stick with the Sunday badminton.

Andy

Creative, were you there last Sunday? I think I know who Aaron is, that everyone is taking about his very powerful smashes. I was there on Sunday morning watching him play against this little kid with glasses and this other chinese guy. Aaron couldn't even get one smash over this chinese guy and when he counter smash, he hit Aaron in the head. I asked the kid what the score was, I think Aaron got trashed badly...think it was 15-6, 15-3. Have you seen that guy? He seems new to me, I've never seen him there before. I'm with my dad every Sunday, hope to see you all there this week.

Creative

I was there last Sunday. Did you play Andy? Who is your dad? What does he look like? If you know Chris then you know Aaron. He usually plays with Chris. Even when Aaron is playing with someone else he is still very strong. Unlikely, he got hit in the head. Yes, the little kid is very good for his age.

Creative

John, I'll see you there. I'll be the 6ft.2 tooth pick Chinese guy.

Creative

Default Stop for one month...

Hey everyone. Shaun, did you go to L'am on Saturday? John, did you go on Sunday? Were you with another guy and two girls? Guys with kind of long hair? L'am badminton will stop for 4 weeks till Sept.23rd. I believe for maintenance of the gym( basketball net is stuck and can't be moved up), wax the floor, the usual school six month cleaning. Also, Ken Tam the man in charge, has to renew his permit to use the gym if I am correct. So where else can we play for the next four weeks? Shaun, is Acadia opened on Tuesday and Thursdays? What are the operating times for playing badminton on the days mentioned? Us badminton fanatics can't stop for four weeks!!!

john

Default Re: Stop for one month...

hey creative! yes, i went this sunday, and was with 2 girls and a guy. which one were you? what colour were you wearing? yes, l'am is quite nice! too bad it's not gonna be there for the next month. i'm quite surprised at how many amazing little kid players there are there! if they continue to train, i'm sure they can kick all our butts in 5 years.

Creative

Default Re: Stop for one month...

John, L'am is pretty good. It was a big turn out yesterday and people were on the look out for open courts to play on. Usually, in the fall there are full 6-7 courts. The kids do have to do homework. If you didn't play with your female friends, you could of faced other all male teams with your friend. Yes, a lot of the kids you saw that were playing really good train at Lee's Badminton. They don't need five years to beat us. Give them 2 years. The membership is pretty good. It should be $60 from September to February. Which is a pretty good price. Then February to July, and July to August for another membership. Everyone else should come out and play.

harry

i'll answer your question since i'm shaun's friend and it was me who introduced rosemount to him.
    rosemount has almost all levels of players, probably just except for professionals. friday 6:30-8:30 is for high schoolers so the level of competitions is pretty low, almost like beginner level then 8:30-10:00 is like sunday and saturaday level.
    sunday and saturaday is much more competitive. it's kinda hard to tell wat level exactly they are in but i'll give a comparision.
    me and shaun have been playing badminton for about a year now and we are kinda one of da best amount those high schoolers but on sat and sun, we are among the worst players but enough to score a few points once in a while among the descend players.

john

friday from 6:30-8:30 at rosemount is ONLY for high schoolers? what if i'm an university student, can i go play too? and what happens at 8:30? they kick out the recreational players to let the more competitive players to play?

Creative

Harry, how about Acadia? Shaun mentioned Acadia before but he didn't state the exact time and date they play. Thanks for the Rosemount schedule.

john

also, what's the cost at rosemount? what are the other days and times that are available at rosemount?

Robert

Try out St Pauls - downtown Toronto in the basement of the church, back walls are close, but high ceilings and wood floor (3 courts). Summer session ends Aug 30. Winter session runs Sept to May for $85, Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri nights 7:30 - 11pm and Sat. Players are mainly C level with a few B.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast