Shops in Hong Kong and pricing

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by GT0ro, Mar 17, 2008.

1. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

Can anyone recommend some stores in Hong Kong that offer a decent price? Does anyone know the pricing for a victor sw32 in hong kong? And maybe the pricing of shoes like shb100LX and mizuno wave smash or mastercross pros? My parents are going to be in hong kong in the next few weeks and was hoping they could pick up some stuff for me... =)

Thanks!

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    Ar Dan......... Ar Dan......... Ar Dan........

3. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    SHB100LX should be around $520... you can find them at Rose Sports in Mongkok, tell your parents to go there on weekdays afternoons if they want better service.

Mizuno shoes should be no more than $580... i think... they're available at Kin Yee in Mongkok.

4. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
  6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
  7. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

I can't seem to find any newer threads... or updated ones... haha

8. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    They have a good selection of Mizuno shoes, but the shop is kinda out of the way... Aberdeen.

9. wunderbar

wunderbar Regular Member

Both SHB-100 and Mizuno wave smash can be had for under $400 (on sale) at Kin Yee sport in MongKok. Not sure what sizes are left.

10. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    Kin Yee Racket Shop phone no. 852-2398-2202 May be it's worth calling to find out!

11. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

I have a cousin who lives in Aberdeen so maybe she can take a look for me... $400 for mizunos sound too good to be true, but I will tell my parents to go take a look.

12. wunderbar

wunderbar Regular Member

Yes, I know. I was surprise about the prices too. They are in the display at the front of the shop which the original prices striked-through and new price of $3xx. I will definitely try to pick up a pair each brand. Hopefully they have my size. ArcSaber10 there seems also cheap. When I asked the guy, he quoted $1200 which was barely more than a AT900. Rose's price seem more based on what was marked on the product. Hope that helps.

13. wunderbar

wunderbar Regular Member

Went and took a second look at Kin Yee. For some reason the Yonex sale price are no longer there but the mizuno wave angle was like $480-10%. I ended up getting my racquets and shoe from Mister Keen. FYI, if anyone is in the market for Armortec900-T, check out mister Keen cuz they have a promotion where you get a free Yonex bag (the blue one, I think the model# is 9624). If you only want the racquet, Kin Yee's prices seem just a tad cheaper.

14. aladinl

aladinl New Member

Hi,
    A friend of mine is going to Asia in Feb. He'll be spending several days in Hong Kong. He has agreed to bring back a racquet for me but he can only visit one shop or two at most. I have come across this thread with the buying in HK info. However, it is rather old. Is it still valid or if not, can anyone please send me some updates. I would like to know which shop sells genuine Yonex at reasonable prices. It would even be best if there is any promotion/specials.
    In addition, does anyone konw if there is any HK web sites selling badminton stuff?
    thx.

15. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    hi aladini, you can go to www.e78.com.hk or www.sohubuy.com for the english version. their shop is in Yip Fung Industrial building which might not be that easy to find compared to the rest of the shops like Rose which is in Mongkok. I just in hongkong for a short trip. so far, e78 prices seems to be the most competitive compared to Rose and a few others in Mongkok area.

16. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    Check out Rose too. Rose beaten e78 online prices for a few rackets i was looking during my last visit.

Anyway the few thread here in forum still offer valid information and HK definately a good hunting ground for you! Good luck!

17. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    In Mongkok area, there is also Luxis sport which you can find the address at http://www.luxissportnet.com/. I saw the bg66 maxima string there. that is the only shop that i saw have that string in the whole of mongkok and also e78 which i went as well. depending on which racket you are looking for, you probably can email a couple of them before your friend goes to hong kong, see whether you can negotiate a better price if your friend is to collect it for you. At Rose, their price there is pretty firm, cant really negotiate for the few models that i was looking for and they are promoting their own brand Jpsee. it is already pretty low, but at street price, you would hope for even a better deal.

18. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    i went to Kin Yee, Mister Keen & Rose....i like the Rose and bought the racket & shoes there. The other two not so 'friendly' to give better deal.

#18 samsudd_s, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 11, 2011
  19. zaviour

zaviour Regular Member

Kinda agree with samsudd_s comment here..

Kin Yee the worst by far i guess in term of the 'friendly'ness -- the young guy that watch the shop is very arrogant and rude.

Go to ESL Racquets and sport megashop if you looking for yonex stuff, they have more stocks over there -- located at mong kok.
    e78.com.hk shop owner is very friendly, can give discount but a little bit only like rose.

20. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    Told ya...kin yee seems dun want to do bussiness at all...
    But i have not found ESL or spot megashop..where are they located actually?and e78 too...