Beijing Olympics Package Tour

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Loh, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    One of the tour agencies here, in associaltion with the Singapore Sports Council, which provides the games tickets, is offering a 5D/4N travel package for SIN$3,460,

The package includes the following:

* 4 nights accommodation in 4-star Millennium Totel (Twin sharing)
    * Daily Breakfast
    * Return airfare on SQ/CA.
    * Return Airport/Hotel transfer
    * Transport to and from games venue and hotel for 5 days
    * Half day Beijing tour to the Great Wall (Juyongguan)
    * Entry tickets to selected games:
    (8-12 Aug for Badminton and Gymnatics)
    * Team Singapore Cheer Kit

In view of the difficulty in getting accommodation and games (badminton) tickets, even if available, they will probably be at a high price, I am very tempted to take up the offer.

What do you think? :):)

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Thats a good buy i think.. for OG.

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i'd inquire carefully exactly which games you're eligible to watch. or is it always going to be games involving SIN players since it's a SIN tour company organising it?

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Tickets are for admission to Badminton mainly but limited to within the 5 days. So the matches are for prelims up to QF stage at most.

At this stage, it is unlikely that BC members are able to arrange something that can accommodate our needs, now that reports of prices have spiralled.

Even for the package tour, I understand that only a limited number of seats is available and I'm sure will be completely taken up very soon. :(

So I have to make a decision very soon. Unfortunately the package does not include a ticket to the opening ceremony on 8th Aug! :mad:

#4 Loh, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

nah, those opening ceremony tickets are expensive!
    and i'm sure they have been sold out for ages ...

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Just watch the opening ceremony on tv. :)

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i personally prefer the QF and the SF to the F in any case. they are normally more exciting and you get a much greater variety of games to watch.

one word of caution, because it's likely to be in a new stadium, you better check out all the seating arrangements and where your tickets will allow you to sit, i don't know what the layout is going to be like, but you don't want to find yourself miles away from the action, tucked up near the toilets and have a seat right below a massive pole or something.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Not a bad deal..

:)..wow, Loh, looks like this yr is going to be a busy yr for you, traveling-wise to watch baddy, heh??..;) :cool:
    I'm also planning to go, maybe we might end up in the same hotel...:p ;)
    ..yes, i can understand that.
    ..Loh, excluding the Semis and Finals tickets, i can't for sure say that's not a bad deal; in part because i haven't checked with any local travel agents myself.:p
    But considering the astronomical number, $8888:eek::p, of a tour package (maybe a fully loaded one) mentioned in an Indonesian website article a few weeks ago (which Hau-ge brought it up), i would seriously consider that..I'm sure you can get a cheaper deal, say, if you stay at a 3 star hotel instead, but i have a feeling you would prefer to stay at a 4 star or even higher accommodation.;):cool:
    Another thing is, if you want to go and watch other athletic events, that cost would go up as well...

..from what i've calculated, from the official OG ticketing website, the total cost for a week long/full attendance (from Qualifying round to Finals), for badminton ONLY, will come out to abt US$600+..Of course, one could always pick & choose which day to attend....
    Also, if one goes to the official OG website, they've indicated what other events have sold out their tickets.
    ..personally, i would definitely skip watching the Opening ceremony live..:p
    ..yeah, better check which seating area they're offering, too. If not mistaken, i saw 2 types of seating being offered @ the OG ticketing site.
    I've also chatted with a couple of people & they said the same thing. They would pick & choose which day/event to watch, depending if their fave/national player(s) is/are playing. In other words, they will not order a week-long pass, but rather purchase the tickets, on the same day, directly at the ticketing box office (with a risk that no tickets will be available). If none of their players are competing, then they won't buy the ticket.

*Btw, not sure if kwun or mods should move this thread to the 2008 Olympics sub-forum?..:confused:

#8 ctjcad, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  9. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Since it's sponsored by Singapore Sports Council, would it be possible that all tour participants sit together for cheering purpose with the Team Singapore Cheer Kit?

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Loh, you might have to wear the same uniform for days to cheer for fellow Singaporeans in the Olympics. hehehe

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No it is not sponsored by the SSC but they have an allocation of the tickets from the Olympics Organising Committee I suppose, so that we will not have to buy them at cut-throat prices as ordinary members of the public.

Yes indeed the Cheer Kit is for us to use in cheering for Singapore athletes in action. So, if I'm there I'll make full use of it! :D

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I will be donning our state flag, ever ready to walk up the winning podium and receive my gold medal! And when I return home to rousing cheers at the airport I will subsequently be installed a millionaire at a colourful ceremony consisting of young and energetic athletes and well-wishers! :):cool::)

13. chehsi

chehsi Regular Member

Administrative
    package sounds good. there's no such thing over here in KL i think (maybe there is? that I didn't know of? :p). If there is, I'll probably grab it too.

I think we can just give up on the opening ceremony....

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Is it for Singaporean Citizens only? I'm sure chehsi is interested in the package.

15. chehsi

chehsi Regular Member

Administrative
    ants... cannot la.. afters kena taroh ... Malaysian supporting Singapore team :p

I've already booked something over here (but without all the tics to the games). Just hope that it's on. *fingers crossed

16. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

This is a pretty good deal, Loh. You should take it. We can meet up there and watch some fantibulous badmintons. I will be there from 9th til 17th August.

17. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    And, this will be for? :p

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yah-lah, I wouldn't encourage it! But I will cheer LCW when he advances to the final, but not against a Singapore player! :)

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    OK I better call them up as I think the package is very much sought after. :D

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Badminton of course! :rolleyes:

Cannot fantasize meh? Please check with Sir Dreamzzzzzzzzzzz! :p