User Tag List

View Poll Results: what kind of badminton fan are you?

Voters
546. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) play badminton but are not interested in international badminton tournaments at all

44 8.06%
  • 2) play badminton and do follow the pros and the international circuit religiously

215 39.38%
  • 3) something in between 1) and 2)

260 47.62%
  • 4) those who don't actually play badminton but do follow international tournaments

27 4.95%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow bro Amin who knows maybe your young brother will become the next Lee C W ........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you judge someone saying "Oh, is it on this weekend?" in response to your saying "I'm watching All England this weekend" as a 1 on your scale, then there are people in my club who would decidedly get 0. There are many people (some of them excellent players) who don't know the name of any professional Badminton player or tournament.

I, personally, would probably qualify for 2, because I make sure I keep myself informed of all events and results. I don't know anyone who doesn't play badminton yet keeps up with all the events (4). The majority of members of my club are either 1 or 0, with a lot of them on 2 and even more on 3. All of the very best people (that is, training full time to be professional) are split about 50/50 between 2 and 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ GameGod: Same with our club. They only know Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, and Taufik, all singles players, although 99% of us are doubles players.

And to answer the question, I'd be the screaming type. LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play at 3 clubs and two of them would be 1's. The third club has an England veteran playing and he keeps us all up to date with any tournaments going on.
    We subscribe as a club to Badminton England too, so we get a quarterly magazine with all the latest info for about 30 a year (mainly English stuff but it gives all the latest tournament details and results)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play about 11 hours a week at an intermediate level. that coupled with physical training and fitness sessions means i fall somewhere between 1 and 2. Also considering all that, i still dont regard myself as a professional player.. just love playing the game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    I play anytime I can (which is about 4 times/week rightnow) but I almost never watch Professional badminton. Of course living in Canada I pretty much have to rely on Youtube so a big thanks to all those who post videos!
    Yo, true that

but then again i know most of the vids on youtube, but if you were to ask me to tell you a name i'd just laugh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the category 3, guess what? My dad is cat 4, haha

However, he used to be a hard player when he was young.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested in Men Singles, Men Doubles. (LCW, TH, LYD/JJS, KSH/YYS, TBH/KKK, FHF/CY) I really like Korean's doubles for some reason, it seem like they're more... all round compared to other nation, where the latter are very specialize in their area of strength, e.g. Smash hard/net control...

Only watch Women Singles when I'm in the mood, if Wang ShiXian is playing, I'd watch go out of my way to watch it.

XD is a so~so, only watches like... maybe 1 match every 4 tournaments, though I really should be watching more as I'm not a good mix player... need to learn...

WD is the one I watch the least,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very interested in mens singles because it's what I love playing the most (well obviously I have yet to try WS haha), therefore I also follow mens doubles because a) I play it and b) it's by far the most spectacular discipline in badminton. I'm not really interested in the other categories but I've watched a bit of WS and XD matches during the WC, Bankier/Adcock were quite interesting to watch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised that the percentages for (1) and (4) are close; 8.61% and 5.74% respectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Number 2 for me :-p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be a 2. Badminton in Anchorage, Alaska is not the most happening thing, so we're only getting one day a week, for a couple hours. No complaints though, considering there was NO PLACE to play for a good number of years. However, if I drive 300 miles north to Fairbanks, I could be playing 6 days a week! There's been a long standing huge following that just hasn't trickled down south, unfortunately. Anyway, I follow int'l badminton best I can, but like some of the Canadian members, I pretty much rely on YouTube. I do try to stay somewhat current best I can!! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, re-reading the choices, I guess I'd fall closer to a 3. Im not religious in my following the int'l scene, but Im not totally oblivious either. lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually at 2 (in my old company) but now have graduated to 4 due to, ahem, lack of mobility (which only happens on a badminton court).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5