Racket for doubles/singles, AT 900T or MP 99?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by andrew chan, Mar 18, 2008.

1. andrew chan

andrew chan Regular Member

im looking for a racket that is suitable for both doubles and singles, and those two are my above options, however I am open to more suggestions

In doubles, i am more comfortable at the back, and i enjoy smashing/dropping

In singles, i am more offensive minded, i prefer to make my opponent run then kill them(figuratively) with a smash

That being said, i'm looking for user opinions on the rackets.

I'm an intermediate player.

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    R u sure that u r willing to take a risk to play them high end rackets in the doubles?Hehe..reminds me for what has just happend to one of the BC members.

Well..as long as u're willing to take the risks.I'd suggest for u to go for AT900T.Easy full court clear,good control,n decent power in smashing.Fast for rallies n defense as well.One of my fave rackets..

But out of ur 2 preferrence,since u're more of an offensive player..u may consider to add AT900P in ur options list.A lil bit harder to control compared to AT900T but better in attacking.

#2 Smichz, Mar 18, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Since you prefer to be at the back, I'd say a 900P would suit you better than the others. I use one for both doubles and singles, and while it is more difficult to control than the T version, the lower kick gives much better power and the box section is more stable. The T seems to cut through the air better, though.

Like everything, once you get used to defending with the P, you will hardly remember how wayward it was at first:).

4. andrew chan

i cant really flex my 700 properly, so i dont think the 900P is gonna do me any better, and i heard the 900P is almost the same as the 700. However, its only been my 2nd or 3rd week with my 700

5. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    give your at700 a little more time...and try doing light workouts on your wrist and forearm..the at700 is a little demanding

6. andrew chan

lol, i moved up from an AT 300, and its a lot different.

however, the 700 is quite sluggish for my tastes; feels like im swinging a super light hammer

#6 andrew chan, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008