Newark, CA, USA

Discussion in 'USA West' started by kwun, Aug 26, 2001.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Newark's Silliman Activities center is opened on saturday and sunday, saturday from 1-4, and sundays from 8am till 5pm.

normally the gym has 6 courts, the sunday session sometimes only have 3 courts. the courts have very nice surface with tons of space around the courts, and also sitting area outside. the lighting and the wall colors is fairly poor. it takes a little bit to get used to.

it is usually quite crowded on sundays. i've never been there on saturdays but i can imagine it'd be quite crowded too.

this is the info:

Silliman Activity Center
    6800 Mowry Avenue, Newark, CA 94560
    Telephone: 510-742-4700
    Fax: 510-742-4470
    E-mail: recreation@newark.org
    http://www.ci.newark.ca.us/rc/rcrec.html

2. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

mostly high school players? adults? my cousin lives on mowry on fremont side, so if i ever spend the night during a weekend i wanna check it out

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    mostly adults.

4. Eric Shawn

Eric Shawn Guest

Newark Memorial HS is open mon wed sat 7-10...half hs players and half high level players..the silliman center is sometimes extened til 2 on saturdays and the competition there is mostly beginners but if u do go..go saturday because sundays are usually never extended and have only 3 courts with tons of people waiting for next...and they charge 3 dollars too..so its not worth it on sundays..but try and go saturday mornings...