Have you tried or heard of this?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by eguitarcoolboy, Mar 19, 2008.

1. eguitarcoolboy

eguitarcoolboy Regular Member

Hi all,

As a badminton player, I am sure you all suffer from ankle injuries, knee pain, shoulder pain, back pain etc. I have three of the pains I mentioned above and it's really annoying. Just recently, one of my friends introduced this juice thing to me, and after drinking it for a while the knee pain, ankle pain and shoulder pain seem to be improved. This juice is made of 19 fruits and the key fruit among the 19 is called Acai Berries from Amazon. This a product of US, anyone in US heard of this and drinking this??? It's really good!!

Kent

2. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

yes, i heard of that drink and a friend of mine let me try a few cup.
    I can't remember the name.. but they sell the product with the multi level marketing right?

3. eguitarcoolboy

Oh yeah, you kinda sign up and order it yourself. how do you feel after that??? that works on me. i am quite happy with it, but a bit pricey though...

4. andrew chan

andrew chan Regular Member

whats the name, does it taste good?

5. eguitarcoolboy

Oh it's called MonaVie if I remember correctly. em... I like the taste. Kinda like mixed berry blend. you only drink 1 to 2 ouces twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. My GF and I have been drink it for a few weeks now. Heck, it works. I won't say it stops the pain, but it kinda reduce the pain and make it better somehow... dont know haha... Great product that is. Love it.

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The Guide To Immortality, et al

If you're looking to be absolutely free of all pains, what you simply must have are a titanium necklace, magnetic underwear and levitated-silver bracelets.

If you're looking to be a champion player as well, do remember to go for blow-cooled magnesium-cased earrings (or nose-rings or navel-rings). In case you're allergic to piercings, go for ankle-straps or leg-wraps made from anodized palladium double-coated with micro-strontium.

If you're also aiming to remain at the top for a long time, you need to stock up on powdered silica tonics and at least seven varieties of fluorescent gels.

By the way, if you just want to be normal, eat normal food and drink normal water. Oral Rehydration Salts might also help add to your speed of recovery :)

For pains that refuse to go away, see a doctor.

7. eguitarcoolboy

well, a doctor only gave me pain killer the last time i went to see one. Which i dont think is good in any aspect... by the way, i am not promoting anything and i am no salesman, i am just sharing what i am experiencing, that's all.

Kent

8. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Doctors are aplenty.
    See another, sir :p
    Um, I don't believe I alleged anything of the sort ;)
    It's just that I trust the saying "the simplest solution is often the right one".

9. e_rat

e_rat Regular Member

Art
    I am not sure if this is what you are talking about. I have been drinking Nonni fruit juice. It was kinda well known in US (at least San Francisco Bay Area) about two years ago. In first two weeks of drinking it (1 oz/day), I actually had sore muscle, joint pain, and was going to bathroom a lot. They said it was to clean your system. But after that, I could feel much healthier, and energized (in any aspect of my life, if you know what I mean). But now, it is not a trend anymore. I bought it from a warehouse type store, not too expensive, about US$13, good for one month usage.

Currently, I have relatives signed up some kind of sales program just like Amway, selling health product. They tried to sell me something made from grape seed. It is too expensive, about US$60 / bottle. I never tried it, and I don't believe it. I think most of the money paid to the sales commission.

Anyway, sorry if I was off topic. And I am not selling anything, but just sharing my experience.

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Are we talking about network marketing here? I had a spell in two about 14 years ago. In the second case it was quite a profitable venture for me because I was on top of the pyramid, a position the industry refers to as a 'Pioneer Distributor". But I cannot say that of my downline distributors, which saddened me and was the main reason I quit.
    Network marketing is not a dirty industry. It is just another form of bringing goods and services to the consumer and is something the jobless or underemployed can earn something. The industry sometimes gets a very bad name from eager downline distributors who make wild claims for the products and the astronomical amount of money they claim to make. Sometimes even professionals like dentists and doctors get into the act, and that is sad because their voices carry a lot of weight. I used to have a Canadian doctor downline, one of half a dozen doctors and dentists, whose practice in the US was raided by the Food & Drug Administration. He came to Hong Kong and set up a practice to cater for terminal cases of cancer.
    As a matter of fact I still have a high tech dental machine that measures volatile sulfur compounds from your mouth. Any dentist interested?

11. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Volatile sulphur compounds in the mouth? :eek:

I guess the only thing possessing such a mouth would be a dragon... a fire-breathing dragon, no less :rolleyes:

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Yes, strange as it may seem to most people. I can give a short and a long answer to your question.
    A short answer is to start with dental plaque. Plaque above the gum margin is called supragingival plaque and below the gum margin, subgingival plaque, the latter wedged between the gum tissue and root surface and attached to both (gingival crevice). Healthy gum tissues (epithelial cells) create an effective barrier against toxins that cause inflammation and they can replace themselves once every 2 to 4 days. If you have gingivitis cell replacement takes place at a much fster rate, as much as 8 times in 2 days. The end result is a large amount of debris composed of dead cell walls, flagella, pili, and fimbrae, chemically referred to as polypeptides, which are the major contributing factor in halitosis (foul-smelling mouth). Halitosis is also significant in the periodontal (gum) breakdown process. The gases in such a person's mouth are found to be composed of three compounds. They are hydrogen sulfide, methyl mercaptan and dimethyl sulfide, collectively known as volatile sulfur compounds (VSC) gases.
    If you want the longer and more informative answer, I can oblige.

13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Thanks... but I'll pass :eek:

14. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

yep, thats the one. monavie. i was offered to join once. i like the taste but maybe i only tried twice so no effect on me.

15. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Back to the first post, I have tried the Acai juice before, it was really different, but I thought it was fairly good. In terms of energy? I forget. :p

16. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Yes, I've tried it. It tastes pretty good, but is pretty expensive though. US$30 a bottle (in U.S.) for a week of consumption. The thing, however, is it has no effect on me, neither positive nor negative. Because it is just an expensive fruit juice for me. So, I stopped. Other people claim that it gives them more energy and healing. I'll leave it at that :)