Calton airblade 2000 and Ti limited edn

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by lim, Jan 3, 2001.

1. lim

lim Guest

I bought both these racquets recently and I have the following observation
    When I play with airblade 2000 my backhand is stronger compared to Ti
    Yong Hok Kin limited edn (81gms)
    when played with Ti forehand is stronger but backhand weaker and also I can move the racquet around faster which is more effictive for double.
    I tend to played more with Ti, but I realised my shoulder tends to be painful after
    the games. Anyone care to comments on this, does it meant that Ti should be played more with the wrist than arm power.

2. Magnus

Magnus Guest

Yes, the Carlton Yong Hock Kin is a very light racquet. It's very much a "wrist" racquet. If you play such light racquets with much arm swing you will probably end up hurting yourself!

3. hurts

hurts Guest

i get ab2000 and aergear 2000 from carlton. i think it's better than yonex ti, cause the speed! and no much air drag. try to hold ab2000 all the way back then smash. fast and powerful i like it so much!!!

4. vince poon

vince poon Guest

I think smashing is over rated but I do admit that I love to smash. You guy got me excited about airblade 2000, I am going to the review section to check it out.

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    the stiffer rackets sometimes will give you a little jerk in the shoulder after you smash or hit a hard backhand. thats 1 of the reasons why i don't use my Ti-10 anymore. i always end up jerking my shoulder until i couldn't play. By the way, the only reason why i stopped playing for a while is because i kept on using my Ti-10 even though i knew it injured my shoulder because it costed me $239 Singapore dollars.

Just remember that if your shoulder hurts after playing with a stiff racket, change it or else you'll regret it