Prince tt warrior or armortec 150

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jsandhu, Mar 21, 2008.

1. jsandhu

jsandhu Regular Member

I need help!!!
    I have recently been saving up some money and i want to spend it on a racket because my previous racket has no power. I like high tensions as it gives me control(this has nothing to do with my racket's lack of power because it had even less power before i restrung it) and low string tensions tend to take away the power for me (some how). I am looking for a racket around the £40. I also like stiff rackets. My previous racket was an ashaway vp electro.These are the ones i have found so far;

Prince tt warrior(coach and friend recommended to me and It is quite light and powerful)

http://www.sweatbandbadminton.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductGroupID=15185&c=1760&d=417

Armortec 150 (Is it really an armortec)

http://www.centralsports.co.uk/shop.php?page=yonexd&product=5827

Any other suggestions will be appreciated

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

the armortec 150 is a real armortec, just a lower range version. i haven't used it, or know anyone that does, so i can't comment.

the warrior however, i have used. it's true that it's light, but for me, it feels kinda hollow, and i couldn't generate as much power as i would have liked from it. also, as a note of caution, because of the shape of the frame, stringing this racquet at high tensions is risky, the strings tend to snap more often than for a racquet with a conventional frame.

hope this helps ...

3. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

I've used a friend's AT150/250/300, i can't say i'd suggest anyone buying them. For their price they're pretty average racquets, i would suggest looking into other brands to get a much better racquet for the price :)

4. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    mmmm as ur in uk......forza wud be a good make.......have u got an official distributer for forza in ur area?our uni is sponsored by 1. they make great rackets around the 40quid mark. i really recommend the ti16 cf. i loved it and was my favourite racket until i messed it up by giving it to a newbie to string!!

heres the site for our seller.
    http://www.inbadminton.co.uk/mall/d...Forze%20%2D%20Control%20and%20Power%20Rackets

hope that helps

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The prince TT warrior is a very very light racket. Amazingly light even to my standard. If you prefer light racket (with even or head light balance), then this is the choice. However, if you prefer a bit heavier / head heavier (i.e. smashing type in singles), then it's not the top choice. ;)