Warm up / Warm down

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by collinsc, Mar 22, 2008.

1. collinsc

collinsc Regular Member

Can anyone advise on the best quick warm up/stretch and warm down for badminton?

thanks

2. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Well, strictly speaking, I don't think that there is a good way to do warm ups or warm downs QUICKLY, but if you don't have too much time, still do some stuff.

Well, I'd do stretches or activities to stretch out or patch up any sore spots or injuries first, depending on the situation. Then, some light jogging, bounce/jumps, then a little bit of everything else (neck rolling, waist rotations, hamstring stretches, lunges, trunk twists, etc.).

3. collinsc

collinsc Regular Member

cheers for your response buddy

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Better to do a post game stretch than a warm up stretch. Studies have shown that warm stretch does little to improve performance. Pregame stretching of lower body muscles like the hips and legs are better than the arms and wrists. Personally, I would do side squats on both legs pre-game to stretch the quads, hammies and groin area. The groin area is especially vulnerable to muscle pull when you up the intensity during rallies. In doubles, I would warm up with drives first followed by drops, clears and then finally smash. Warmup should consist of light movement around the court, something to get you perspiring alittle.

You might wanna read up on older threads where posters provide reference to the non-benefits of warm up stretches.