Badminton e-Book

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Trevor, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Trevor

Trevor Regular Member

I am deciding to purchase an e-book on badminton and I need some advice. I have come across two books here on BC. I am an intermediate player hoping to take my game to the next level. For those who bought bought both "Advanced Badminton Techniques" by Butch Oreta and Vip Malixi and "Sure Fire Badminton Drills" by Andrew Chang, which is better? What is the advantage of purchasing one over the other? Which gives better results? Please advise.

2. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

Advanced Badminton Techniques is a great book, full of step by step explanations and photos. You also have access to some videos.
    Butch and Vip have done superb work in conveying the teaching to a level easy to understand.

3. Lefty23

Lefty23 Regular Member

Professional
    Vip's book is good. I also recommend Jack Downey's Excelling at Badminton and Winning Badminton Doubles (if that's your specialty). Both ebooks are free.

4. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    i haven't read Andrew Chang's book but I own Advanced Badminton Techniques and its a great book, definitely recommended it to anyone, lots of additional content also (video's, extra articles,etc) really a great job, tons of pictures too

5. Lefty23

Lefty23 Regular Member

Professional
    By the way, the Jack Downey books can be downloaded here:

http://www.badminton.tv/content/index/all/all/all/free/

I especially like how Excelling at Badminton explains goal setting, and how to fine tune strokes, fitness etc. It's comprehensive, but a little general. Vip's book fills in the little details, technique-wise.

Winning Badminton Doubles focuses more on strategy and tactics. It's a fun read. From experience, you don't need perfect technique to reap the benefits from this book. What I mean is you can start winning more matches right away if you and your partner understand the attacking principle, even if your smash is not uber powerful (for instance).

Enjoy!

#5 Lefty23, Mar 23, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  6. lightningblaze

lightningblaze Regular Member

Where are you planning to download the e book Advanced Badminton Technique from? I cannot find a place.