Can't Decide Between A Couple Rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by david07, Mar 23, 2008.

1. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Right now, I'm looking for another racket which will either be a back up or become main depending on the outcome. Currently, I am using the AT-900P 3UG4. I love this racket, it gives me great power and control over all of my shots. I'm looking for a racket with similiar specs but do not want to get a second AT-900P. The choices that I've narrowed down to are as follows:

Yonex Arc Saber 10
    Yonex AT-700
    Yonex AT-900T
    Yonex Ti-10 (Yellow)

I had originally wanted to get the Arc Saber 10, but after reading more posts about it here on BC, I have a feeling this won't turn out to be a true power racket which will compliment my playing style. All suggestions are welcome as well as other racket recommendations. Thank you all for the help

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
  3. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I heard that the AT700 can get pretty flexible after use. How flexy does it get?

4. Athelete1234

Student
    Umm... I'd say stiffer than the AT500, less stiff by a bit than the new Ti-10, less stiff than MP99. It's shaft is long, and the handle is short, which is why it flexes so much. The Ultimum Ti stuff in the shaft makes it whip back really quickly though, so it being too flexy probably won't be a problem...

5. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

since you dont want a second 900p id suggest a 700 as both are very similar

6. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    You guys are recommending the AT-700 to me mostly. Well I think I can choose between the new and the old. The old one is more expensive than the new one. Would there be a difference? Also, Ti-10, is there any reason why I shouldn't get it? I've played with it before I got my AT-900P which was a while ago so memories of it are mostly forgotten.

7. Athelete1234

Student
    The yellow Ti-10 is between even balance~head heavy. It's sort of box framed, very slim head. Shaft stiffer than AT700. It's faster for defense than the AT700, but requires better technique to draw out the same amount of power. Easy to control, feels pretty fast through the air, but is kind of heavy for 3U.

8. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    To give you a better idea, with the AT-900P now, sometimes my defense gets slowed down a bit (I play doubles by the way). But the power makes up for it. I thought that maybe the Ti-10 would sacrifice minimum power but give me better defense, which is why i put it in there.

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I think the yellow (2nd gen) Ti-10 fits your requirements perfectly - I am a doubles player who is glued to the back of the court, and I use a 900P as well (at least until my Woven-7 gets here). From my testing, the Ti-10 loses minimal (but still just noticeable) power, but defensive transitions seem a LOT easier. This was the Achilles heel of the 900P: a smasher who mixes things up can usually get through in the end:D.

10. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Ti-10 seems to be a good racket than. Do you guys agree? Still pretty good power, but a lot better defense than AT-900P and AT-700.

11. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

IMO.. AT700's excellent in terms of power.. my defence improved with it too. Hard to get used to after using a head-light racquet for a long while, but it wouldnt be a problem for you because your at900p is already head-heavy.

12. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

AT700 or the TI-10. Also maybe like a MP100 if its gonna be used as a backup.

13. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

since you play doubles id suggest the ti10 over the 700 and the 700 isn't the most double user friendly. the short handle doesn't allow to to choke up like u can with the 900p making defense more difficult. the 700 defensive abilities are inferior than the 900p assuming the same person is using it.

14. Athelete1234

Student
    If your defense is good with the AT900P, it's not gonna improve much with Ti10, or get worse from the AT700... if you want significantly more defense, the AT900T is the way to go.

15. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I think I'll go with the Ti10. Defense is pretty much what I'm lacking the most of and I think it will be better with this.

16. westbeach

westbeach Regular Member

David, where in Toronto are you? I have a couple Ti10(2nd gen) that you can try if you like.