bad knee.

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by baka-kun, Mar 24, 2008.

1. baka-kun

baka-kun Regular Member

it seems like my knee is getting bad, it hurt sometimes and i talk to my physician she said it's loose and she can't do anything about it. except for wear knee protection when i play. should i slow down in badminton and wait until it heals? since most badminton players get bad knee i just want to hear some advice from the "been through it already". is there anything i can do to help it heal faster? or prevent it from getting worse until school badminton season is over?

2. meteoflare

meteoflare Regular Member

String breaker
    I heard the number 1 reason for knee problems is bad cushioning in your shoe and maybe even a bad landing style too.

Proper warming up can help a lot. Eating sensibly (sp?) will help also with the right amount of calcium/general protein/vitamins. I used to not think much about multivitamins until I tried them and found that I recovered MUCH faster from hard workouts.

Hope this helps.

3. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

Well, is it a torn ligament, a meniscus or a thigh muscle problem?

4. kubuk

kubuk Regular Member

Student
    Any swells or anything? Strap on your knee support. Don't overstress your knee though. Try to stop doing heavy lunges for awhile.

5. 2NDround

2NDround Regular Member

See a sport doctor.

GP are no good here. They will say do not play until it is healed. So you listened and rested until it healed. Then you go out to play and promptly got injured again.

A sport doctor on the other hand will analyse how you got injured and recommend remedies to help you recover and then to prevent the problem from recurring when you resume playing.

6. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Stand on one leg and lower yourself through your pain-free range of motion on that leg. Does your knee stay aligned over your toes? Does it have a tendency to veer inwards?

I little while back I was having some knee issues, until I took the time to do these exercises while paying very close attention to the alignment of my knees with my toes. On my good leg, it was fine, but on my bad leg, it took a lot of effort to control the medial/lateral movement. I had somehow "forgotten" how to keep my knee aligned, so I had to "re-learn" how to do it automatically by moving through a series of progressively more challenging activities (while perfectly controlling knee alignment).

This relearning process is very important; if you simply let the injury heal, you'll re-injure yourself because you haven't fixed the broken motor patterns that may have lead to the injury in the first place.

7. baka-kun

baka-kun Regular Member

the physician say it's a loose knee..like it moves around and agitate the joint thus causing it to hurt.not yet a tore ligament.but that is why i ask how to stop this before i tear a ligament. i will proberlly goto a SP to check it out cause i don't want to have bad knee in the futures. i do alot of exercise to strength my quadracepts.hopefully this is stop it. thxx for the help guys.:cool: