User Tag List

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: What Amazes Me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some things I found on Youtube, that of which I found were 'amazing'.

Kasou-Taisho, the amazing Japanese human-art show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWBAciB_oBw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qmdp...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfsLj...eature=related

Amazing pen-spinning..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPnzqXx055Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBPDArxNs0

And adding to the amazing cakes..

The Skoda Fabia "cake" car

the engine..

And finally, the video advert of the Skoda Fabia cake..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLv77vwD2ts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb3tl...eature=related

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some cool effects & creative drawings..

..(some of you guys have probably seen these; if not, enjoy!)

Last edited by ctjcad; 12-04-2008 at 05:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wedding in China..

..(some of you have probably seen these pics; if not, well, prepare to wonder)...

Would you like to be invited to such a wedding dinner????? This is how it was done in one of the countrysides in China..
    I just wonder:
    -How were they able to serve all those people, considering they had to keep & serve the food warm??
    -How much did it cost to provide all the food??..

I guess there could be a reason they held it next to a large building. In case those guests brought gifts, they can just store all the gifts in there...

I can imagine there could be at least 1000 people in attendance..

Last edited by ctjcad; 12-04-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha...ya...my 2nd sis wedding just have 30plus table...and 3rd sis just nearly 50...both add up also not even half of this wedding...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bill Finch plays badminton twice a week... and, guess what, he is 96 years old

Here's more on this American superman from Greenville, North Carolina!
    The latest edition of Newsweek has a picture of him too - ready to play!

------------------
    PS: If anyone has his contact information, please let me know.
    I'd like to send him a gift - a racquet of his choice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Foodscapes...the works of Carl Warner..

..(some of you have probably see his work; if not, enjoy his fine photography work)..

At first glance, this looks like a wooded landscape, with towering hills in the background. However look a little more closely and you will see that the trees are broccoli and the hills are baked potatoes. In fact everything you can see in the photograph is made of food!
    He spends a lot of time staring at vegetables in supermarkets, which can make him seem a little odd. However, finding the right shaped broccoli to use for a tree is an all-important task
    Broccoli Farm

Carl Warner is a London-based photographer who makes "foodscapes": landscapes made of food. In recent years he has been commissioned by many advertising agencies throughout Europe to produce his distinctive images for clients in the food industry.
    In the picture below, a pea pod boat sails away from a land made of bread and potatoes, over a sea of salmon
    Salmon Sea

Carl originally began his career by going to art college, and thought he might become an illustrator since he had a talent for drawing. However he discovered that he really enjoyed photography as a fast and exciting medium to work in.
    He cites as his influences the photographer Ansel Adams and films such as The Wizard of Oz and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Salami Road

Salami Slopes

Salami Stream

Carl says: "Although I’m very hands-on, I do use model makers and food stylists to help me create the sets. I tend to start with a drawing which I sketch out in order to get the composition worked out”. Carl says "I tend to draw a very conventional landscape [first] as I need to fool the viewer into thinking it is a real scene at first glance. It is the realisation of what the real ingredients are that brings a smile, and for me that's the best part."
    Bread & Cheese

The scenes are photographed in layers from foreground to background, as the process is very time-consuming and the food quickly wilts under the lights. Here, hot air balloons made of a variety of fruit and veg soar over fields of asparagus, courgettes, beans and corn
    Fruit Balloons & Cart

These images can take two or three days to build and photograph, with a couple more days spent retouching and fine tuning the images to blend all the elements together, such as parmesan cliffs with sweet potato boulders and cress and savoy cabbage foliage under a red cabbage sky
    Parmesan Cliffs

Carl devotes a lot of time planning each image before shooting in order to choose the best ingredients to replicate larger scale shapes and forms within nature, like these coconut haystacks
    Coconut Haystack

Carl says: "Although there is a fair amount of waste, there is a lot of food left over which is always shared out with the team, though most of the food used in the sets have either been superglued or pinned, and neither of these makes for good eating.” This fishscape features rocks made of oyster shells and crab claws, boats made of marrows and asparagus, and a shining, silvery, slippery sea of fish
    Fishscape

Carl shoots the scenes using a Hasselblad H3D39 and retouches them on a Mac in his London studio

The finished images have been used for advertisements, such as these
    Tuscan scenes produced for Sacla pasta sauces
    Tuscan Kitchen

Tuscan Landscape

Tuscan Market

Carl's own favorite photograph is the red cabbage sea because it is simple yet it captures a great atmosphere
    Cabbage Sea

One other favorite is this underwater cave scene, complete with carrot stalactites, a pea pod boat, and sealife made of exotic fruits, cauliflower and broccoli. Carl hopes to produce a book in the future, reasoning that it would appeal to lovers of both food and art
    Cave

More of his work of art
    Garlicshire

Cheesescape

Mushroom Savanna

Last edited by ctjcad; 12-15-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Type your command here... and see total obedience.
    Now, I wonder what Burger King calls this employee

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u sum up how much pg score by himself and how much unforce error lcw did...u will see the ratio of 1:1...(if not 100% correct...also near there...)...
    mean...pg just nid to score...21 points to win a title against lcw...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Type your command here... and see total obedience.
    Now, I wonder what Burger King calls this employee
    limsy, did you check this out?
    This should keep you busy

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been doing the rounds of the internet, so it won't be new to many. But if you ever get bored with badminton you can always do this:......

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_...=vimeo.com&sho

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    This has been doing the rounds of the internet, so it won't be new to many. But if you ever get bored with badminton you can always do this:......

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_...=vimeo.com&sho
    That's simply as crazy as it's incredibly beautiful
    The skill involved must be awesome... wow wow wow!

By the way, what's the official name for this 'sport'?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    By the way, what's the official name for this 'sport'?
    I believe the proper name is "Uninsurable"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wah, that's so awesome and dangerous. I am sure Greatest GrandMaster SH is shaking his head when it comes to insurance matter.

Combining this gliding technique with HALO would result in paratrooper insertion technique .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

..(this probably belongs in the "Things that make you go huummmm" category)..

Read this from the Vanity Fair magazine's website...And i thought John Lennon's quote was an eye-opener...

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/pol...tml#entry-more
    ================================================== =======
    Is Obama the Most Famous Living Person Ever?
    by Dee Dee Myers January 27, 2009, 12:47 PM

Barack Obama is the most famous living person in the history of the world.

I’m not trying to induce an acid flashback to John Lennon’s infamous 1966 comment, “The Beatles are more popular than Jesus.” But whether you measure fame in terms of saturation or sheer numbers, it seems indisputable to me that more people know at least something about the new American president than anyone alive, at this point—or any—in the planet’s existence.

Who else could it be? One friend suggest Muhammad Ali, another Princess Diana, and a third said Bill Clinton. Surely all are global brands with enormous reach and broad appeal. But all fall short of the man-meets-the-moment frenzy unleashed by Obama.

To be sure, the digital revolution has made this feat of fame possible. Not only has it helped the son of an erstwhile Kenyan goatherd to become president, it has allowed a current Kenyan goatherd to follow the former’s journey. And he is not alone. Exponential growth in access to the Internet, satellite television and radio, cell phones, and P.D.A.’s means that breaking news now reaches virtually every corner of the globe. At the same time, population continues to grow; there are now some 6.7 billion men, women, and children on earth, an historic high.

But technology and biology don’t totally explain the Obama phenomenon. There’s no denying that the world has been utterly captivated by the new American president with the international pedigree. His black African father, white American mother, Muslim middle name, and childhood spent partially in Asia make him more than the 21st-century embodiment of the classic American melting pot; his story makes him accessible to people the world over who might see in his life a few scenes from their own.

That someone like Obama could be elected president of the United States—with its unrivaled power and prestige—has begun to restore the country’s and the world’s faith in America as the land of opportunity. Gone is the hunkered-down defensiveness of the past eight years, the lock-the-doors, draw-the-curtains, load-the-guns-to-keep-out-the-bad-guys mentality that turned so much of the world against us. In its place is the restoration of that classic American optimism, eyes lifted to the horizon, reaching out across continents and oceans, not in fear, but with faith that we can help build a better world. It was no accident that President Obama’s first televison interview from the White House went not to an American network but to an Arab one.

As Obama himself has acknowledged again and again, he begins his first term at a moment of profound crisis. The road ahead with be difficult, as gauzy goals give way to difficult decisions, and people from Chicago to Cairo, to Nairobi, find reasons to be disappointed. But at least for the moment, Obama has made America cool again—and more than that, he’s made his own brand arguably the most powerful the world has ever known.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up The Complete Man

Determination and cheerfulness work.
    More so when you have nothing to lose.

Nick Vujicic is one of our rare heroes

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up The World's Youngest Professor

In the 18th century, Colin Maclaurin set a record when he was appointed professor of mathematics at 19 years and 7 months of age. That was in the year 1717. It also helped that his hiring was recommended by Isaac Newton.

In the 21st century, we have Alia Sabur.

Last year, Korea's Konkuk University hired her as a professor in its Department of Advanced Technology Fusion. When appointed, she was three days short of her 19th birthday

Now you know who to call if you want to discuss nanophotonics!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast