where to play in manhattan

Discussion in 'USA East' started by Clive, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Clive

Clive Guest

I'm moving to manhattan soon and i'd like to find places to play. the nyc badminton club (at nycbadminton.org) sounds pretty neat but it's really expensive (although i might just be used to a different price level at university gyms). Any suggestions about places where i can find B/C class players and is not too bad on the wallet ?

thanks
    clive

2. kk

kk Guest

check this out www.badmintonplayer.com

3. STACi KAPLAN

STACi KAPLAN New Member

Any Places To Play In Manhattan, Ny?

www.badmintonplayer.com
    I tried looking up this site,

but I was unable to retrieve
    its URL...?

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  5. rjcorcuera

rjcorcuera Regular Member

6. krystenne

krystenne Regular Member

Student
    French player in NY

Hello
    I'm french student, I will be in Manhattan on february, and I would like to find a club. I have already visited the website of NYCBadminton, it seems to be a good club. I don't know the price, could you give me some information??
    I have the same skills level as you, if you have some advice to give me, don't hesitate...

Thanks

7. shreky

shreky Regular Member

Hi. The rates differ depending if you're a club member or not. Membership is $80 for 3 months, $120 for 6 months, and $200 for 1 year.

Below are the rates for Members:
    $14 each time you come on a Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday
    $15 each time you come on a Sunday

If you're not a member it is $25 each time you play. They also have a new gym on Saturday afternoon, I don't know how much they charge on Saturday though.

Note that the shuttlecock is included in the price.

As you can see, playing in Manhattan is not cheap. It is not like in California where the drop in fee is only $7 (with the exception of OCBC $20).

I just wish that we could have a badminton dedicated facility here in the NY/NJ area. Anybody interested in building one on the east coast?

8. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    sure, i'll build one! who has a few million spare dollars?
    :)
    G

True badminton in Manhattan like many other things in Manhattan is not cheap. But there are definitely a lot of players to play against there.

9. birdies

birdies New Member

badminton club coordinator
    As far as I know, NYC Badminton Club always gives out student discounts! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ask the organizer about it. you can get the phone # at www.NYCbadminton.com

Usually, the price they offered to student is acceptable for Manhattan location. try it, if you only prefer to be in the city. If you want to travel a :cool: bitt, you can go to Queens Badminton Club, a subdivision of NYCB, but facing the LongIsland, Queens, north Brooklyn, and CT players.
    check: www.Queensbadminton.com
    The price is extremely reasonable, and mainly the facility is probably the best in NY area, can not compare to OCBC, I have been there once, it is excellent! Well hard to find a good gym in NY,, too expensive. :eek:

#9 birdies, Feb 6, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Yeah, I've been there, and the facility is nice. If you have a car, this place is very easy to reach, right off LIE (495), and easily find parking around gym. ;)