How do I.....(Forum Usage Questions)

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by BornAgainBadder, Mar 25, 2008.

1. BornAgainBadder

BornAgainBadder Regular Member

A degree in ChemE. Ended up as a financial softwar
    Hello all,

This is driving me nuts. Help me out on these.
    1. Is there an option to display thread start date column on thread listing page when I search or browse a forum? If there is, how?
    2. Is there any way to get email notification when somebody quotes your post? how? I know you can subsribe a thread which is different than email notification when someone responds your post.

2. BornAgainBadder

Well.. I guess tough luck.. I will have to find a way to see the beauty in current configuration.

I think those 2 features will take the usuability to the next level, not that the way it is sucks.:)

(Don't you love it when you see yourself responding to your own post..:D:D:D)

3. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I think both features would be helpful, especially if someone is interested in older threads or engaged in many new threads at a time :eek:

Not sure the amount of work needed to add them. I assume it's more volunteer work in nature at BC.

Meantime, you just have to click on the thread to see when it started, and go to the particular thread to see if anyone had responded to your posts and read other new interesting posts. Both things are not that hard for me because I practice neither of the things mentioned above :D

4. BornAgainBadder

I wouldn't mind looking into these in my spare time if I had the privilege..:rolleyes:

These could be a part of software limitation. For now, I will have to click on the thread to see when it was created and made a regular visit to the thread that I am interested for responses.