Candra Wijaya & Flandy Limpele??

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Smichz, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    What happend to Tony Gunawan??

Rabu, 26 Maret 2008 | 16:07 WIB
    JAKARTA, RABU - Pebulutangkis senior Candra Wijaya berpasangan dengan Flandy Limpele masuk dalam nominasi tim Piala Thomas Indonesia dan akan dicoba ketangguhannya di Kejuaraan Asia, 15-20 April mendatang.

"Candra dan Flandy akan dicoba di Kejuaraan Asia. Mereka masuk nominasi untuk memperkuat nomor ganda putra pada Piala Thomas," ujar Ketua Bidang Pembinaan Prestasi PB PBSI Lius Pongoh yang ditemui di Pelatnas Cipayung, Jakarta Timur, Rabu.

Selain Flandy/Candra, pemain yang masuk nominasi untuk nomor ganda adalah pasangan Hendra AG/Joko Riyadi, Bona Septano/Muh Ahsan, dan Nova Widianto. "Seleksi terhadap mereka hanya akan dilakukan melalui penilaian, bukan dalam bentuk pertandingan seperti pada tunggal," ujar Lius.
    Candra/Flandy sudah dipasangkan sejak mengikuti simulasi Piala Thomas di Bandung pada 23 Februari, saat itu mereka kalah dari pasangan nomor dua Indonesia Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto.
    Pada simulasi yang akan digelar akhir pekan ini di Batam, pasangan tersebut akan kembali tampil untuk berhadapan dengan Joko Riyadi/Hendra AG. "Ini bonus bagi saya dalam karir saya yang hanya sebentar lagi ini, tentu saja saya tidak akan menyia-nyiakan kesempatan ini. saya akan tampil maksimal," ujar Candra yang ditanya mengenai kesiapannya jika terpilih memperkuat tim Thomas.
    Pebulutangkis yang mengundurkan diri dari pelatnas usai memperkuat tim Piala Thomas 2006 itu mengaku siap menyumbang angka bagi tim Indonesia dalam kejuaraan beregu putra, Piala Thomas yang akan digelar di Jakarta 11-18 Mei. "Kekurangannya waktu (simulasi) di Bandung, kontrol untuk lapangan depan lambat, saya kurang inisiatif di depan karena mungkin bersama Tony yang posisinya lebih banyak di depan saya jadi terbiasa di belakang, sedangkan Flandy yang biasa bermain ganda campuran juga terbiasa di belakang," katanya.
    Bersama Tony Gunawan --pasangannya saat meraih medali emas Olimpiade 2000 dan masih berpasangan hingga sekarang-- Candra menduduki peringkat enam dunia di atas ganda nomor dua pelatnas Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto. (ANT)

Any comments?Does anyone know about this before?:confused:
    Well..indonesian double players r well known for the rapid partner changing.Let's see what can this pair do in the next tournament..thomas cup.:)

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

tony can't play in the ABC because he represents USA.
    so i guess they are putting candra and flandy in to see if their combination will work and give them more options in the TC, which tony can't compete in as well.

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is simple that Tony Gunawan wont play Thomas Cup for INA....so Candra has to play with someone...

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I just think that Candra/Flandy is not a wise choice........he clearly said that he needed front player....

#4 huangkwokhau, Mar 26, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

mana sigit ... sigit mana?
    i think alvent and luluk will be alright, they have been doing well lately, just in time ...

6. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Sigit is a junior coach for Jarum Club

7. pramana

pramana Regular Member

I notice Limpele smash is not deadly. It maybe good for mix double, but in men double, he have to improve the smash.

Another concern is the "comfort" position of both players. They claimed to be the "base" player. In double match, net games are usually the deadly shot.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    can someone please provide translation?

9. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Pebulutangkis senior the Wijaya Moon teamed up with Flandy Limpele entered the nomination of the team of the Cup of Thomas Indonesia and will be tried by his strength in the Asian Championship, this coming April 15-20.The "moon and Flandy will be tried in the Asian Championship."They entered the nomination to reinforce Putra's dual number to Thomas's Cup, said Chairman Bidang Pembinaan of the Achievement of the PBSI Lius Pongoh EXECUTIVE BOARD that was met in Centralisation of Sports Training Cipayung, Jakarta Timur, on Wednesday.Apart from Flandy/Candra, the player who entered the nomination for the dual number was the couple Hendra AG/Joko Riyadi, Bona Septano/Muh Ahsan, and Nova Widianto.The "selection against them only will be carried out through the assessment, not in the form of the match like in single," said Lius.The moon/Flandy has been installed since joining the simulation of Thomas's Cup in Bandung on February 23, at that time they lost from the number couple of two Indonesian of Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto.In the simulation that will be spread out by this week end in Batam, this couple will come back appeared to be faced with Joko Riyadi/Hendra AG. Ini the "bonus for me in my career that only in a moment this, of course I will not neglect the opportunity ini. I will appear maximal," said the Moon that was asked concerning his readiness if being chosen reinforced Thomas's team.Pebulutangkis that withdrew from Centralisation of Sports Training after reinforcing the team of Thomas's Cup 2006 admitted to being ready to contribute the figure for the Indonesian team in the championship in teams Putra, Thomas's Cup that will be spread out in Jakarta on May 11-18."His lack time (the simulation) in Bandung, the control for the front field slow, I not all that the initiative in front because possibly with Tony that his position more in front of me so be used to behind, whereas Flandy that was normal playing dual the mixture also be used to behind," he said.With Tony Gunawan -- his couple when gaining the medal of olympic games gold 2000 and still teamed till now -- the Moon occupied the level of six worlds above dual the number of two Centralisation of Sports Training of Mud of Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto.(ANT)

Source: http://www.toggletext.com/kataku_trial.php

Not very accurate, but funny to read.

10. pramana

pramana Regular Member

Let me try my best:

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | 16:07 PM

Jakarta, Wednesday - Senior badminton player, Candra Wijaya teams with Flandy Limpele joined the nomination of Indonesia Thomas Cup team, who will be tested on this coming Asia Open, April 15-20.

According to Lius Pongoh, the Chief of PB PBSI, in Cipayung, East Jakarta, on Wednesday "Candra and Flandy will be tested on Asia Open. They enter the nomination to support Indonesia men-double Thomas Cup team". Besides Flandy/ Candra, Hendra AG/ Joko Riyadi, Bona Septano/ Muh Ahsan and Nova Widianto are also nominated. "The selection was based on perspective, instead of matches, like the single player."

Candra/ Flandy had been paired and prepared since February 23 in Bandung for the Thomas Cup. On the simulation match, they lost to Indonesian second seeded player, Luluk Hadiyanto/ Alvent Yulianto.

On this coming weekend in Batam, Candra/ Limpele will face Joko Riyadi/ Hendra AG for match simulation. According to Candra "This is my extra opportunity on my career, which may not last any longer. Of course, I will not waste this opportunity. I will push myself to give point to Indonesia Thomas team on May 11-18."

Candra resigned from Indonesia team after Thomas Cup 2006.

Candra added," There was not enough time when game simulation was held in Bandung; I did not take care the front court well. I was not aggressive enough or probably I was too comfortable playing with Tony who likely to take care the front, while I was comfortable in the back court. Meanwhile, Flandy, who used to play in mixed double, is also comfortable to play in the back court".

While with Tony Gunawan, -- This pair earned Gold Olympic Medal in 2000 and up' til today, they are ranked 6th in the world, above Indonesia second seeded double players - Luluk Hadiyanto/ Alvent Yulianto.

11. taufikk

taufikk Regular Member

not so sure about chandra and limpele..never seen them play together..but from my observation only sigit can play with both of them..can't a coach represent his country?

12. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    'cut and paste' translation :D :D...

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i second this pair!!!
    is its true that this 2 players will be paired up, then they will be very powerful!:)
    believe me:)

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    What???? not sure this is good idea to pair Flandy/candra....:cool:

15. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    i think not better than before, due to the age of two player, better find another younger and fresh pair

16. taufik-ist

it administrator
    chandra/flandy will be used as backup pair... if ina play againts an easy opponent, they can rest one of their main MD

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Joko/Hendra or Yoke/Rian are much better than Flandy/Candra...no offence!

18. taufik-ist

it administrator
    hmmmm yoke/rian is not pelatnas player... and joko/hendra have never played in thomas cup before :rolleyes: we still need a player who has much experience and good mental strenght in thomas cup.

Chandra could be paired with markis.. i think chandra/markis is much better than chandra/flandy

19. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Ya think i saw the last surdiman cup chandra pair up with markis kido...

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Chandra needs someone who's good in the front.Now,we know that limpele is someone who plays in the back.So,who'd that be?I am looking forward for their performance though.Maybe it's true that he'll play better with sigit..