Wilson Kfactor

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by cd4se, Mar 27, 2008.

1. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

I have been switching between a few brand of racquet trying to get the racquet that suit me. The latest I got is the Wilson KTour..wonderful racquet. There a 4 new model for 2008, Klite, Kpro,Kpower and KBlade but I still go back to end of last year model Ktour since it's stiff and heavy. I need the help of the weight to generate enough power and the stiffness to control.
    Use it last night, and wow...it suit me just nice. At least I know it's the same model use by Rasmussen... no top player will want to have his name associate with a lousy racquet. On top of that I think Wilson have enough R&D (based on their experience on other types of Racquet ..tennis,squash...) power to develop a good racquet for badminton. I have use Ncode series and I find the Ktour one of the best racquet. Too bad, the price is still maintained...
    One thing I notice on Ktour racquet in Malaysia last year and this year there is a difference. Last year Ktour have the weight of 89+-2g and balance is at 29.8....but this week when I bought my Ktour , the weight is 87+-2g and balance at 29cm. A little check on the web indicate only China are selling the 89+-2g Ktour and Malaysia last year. All new Ktour, I think should be standardized now as indicated in the Wilson websote which is 87+-2g and balance at 29cm. Dont think it's fake but not sure why the difference spec. If you have Ktour, check the weight and balance point. Which one did you get?
    Anyway Ktour is a good racquet for me.

2. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    You forget K-Blaze....i choose this type among the others. Anyway i also found this weight difference today. In the same store there are 2 different K-Tour weight...89+2 and 87+2 :D:D:D:D maybe they change the weight after some market research? Interesting case...

3. kelwin

kelwin Regular Member

Accountant
    Mine is 29cm +/- 0.5cm.
    I have to agree with you that it's a very good racquet.
    But the vibration is quite high.
    When I hit very hard, I feel a vibration but it actually act as a measure to me.
    To tell myself that I'm hitting too hard. It will go out.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    When great power shots are hit, any vibrations you feel means that the racquet cannot deliver all the power into the shuttle and some power has been transmitted into the racquet frame and shaft/handle.

5. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    If i change the tension can solve the problem or not? Mine use 26 lbs bg80 but i dont feel vibration like @kelwin but i use K-blaze not same type. Thx 4 info.

6. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

Once upon a time, I always string up to 26 lbs..then there is a lot of vibration and on top of that, I always injured by shoulder executing the smashes. Nowadays, getting old...I switch to 23 lbs and with the Ktour, I can still execute the same powerful smashes. Of course need to adjust to the timing of contact with the shuttle..so far no more shoulder pain and no vibration. If you string up the racquet to high tension, above 26 lbs, like 28 lbs, it's as hard as a paddle. The string no longer are able to absorb the sudden shock and your shoulder or your wrist are the one absorbing this high shock. Anyway, I think it's the preference of each individuals.

7. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

K-tour

Managed to test out this racquet last night.

My expectations were too high for this racquet and it disspointed me a bit.
    Strung with BG66 @ 24lbs.

But becoz of the price (under SG100) it's not too bad.

Pros: the (K)ap works pretty good-helps in clears and drives(when using finger power).
    nice colors....and racquet is quite forgiving coz of wide sweetspot.

Cons: like previous forum ppl said-there's vibrations....doesn't gave the solid feel core of a top Yonex racquet when smashed.
    Slightly heavy (not necessary a bad thing).
    Not as stiff as advertised by Wilson...probably medium flex.

8. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    gotto be honest the k tour looks like a really nice racket cosmetically as well sounds of ppl practically too. but my only cencern is, is it really worthed cas the price that every 1 paying for it why not got a nice yonex racket??? personally i love light rackets but sounds like a this may be a lil on the heavy side

9. kelwin

kelwin Regular Member

Accountant
    I have the following racquet:

Ashaway VG Electro Limited Edition (bright gold)
    Apacs Nanopower 303
    Dominos 0.8 Arch Muscle
    Dominos Armourtac 800 (offensive)
    Dominos Armourtac 500
    Masuka Nanopower 7000
    Masuka Ti Swing Power
    Yonex Isometic 65LT

None of the following racquet can compare with Wilson K tour in terms of Power, Control and manouverability. For the price you pay, I think it's worth it.

After using my Ktour for the first time, I actually kill most of the shot and it hits the opponent body. There are times that it's so powerful that when the opponent defend the shuttle flew to the end of the next court(the court beside).

#9 kelwin, Apr 1, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  10. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    by the way where in sigapore did u get ur racket from???

11. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

K-Tour

It's the Royal Sporting House. They are selling it cheap coz Wilson badminton is not popular in Singapore.

The locals here generally swear by Yonex racquets.

12. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Ya i just saw it few days ago at royal sporting house it was selling ard SGD$90 i think any recommendation:confused: i feel like getting one of the wilson racket but not sure wat to get as i've never purchase any wilson racket:confused: so not quite sure wat to get but i'd though of getting the k blaze model:confused: but
    not sure if it is good a not...

13. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

K-factors

K-Blaze is probably a better racquet for doubles....K-Blaze is 2-3 grams ligther than K-tour. But unfortunately, it's a medium flex racquet (not stiff or extra stiff) hence lower offensive capabilities.

K-tour is more of singles racquet mainly due to weight difference. K-tour is a bit sluggish in a fast driving doubles game but suitable for a slower high clearing/tight dropping singles games.

Overall, K-factor racquets are quite good(bang for buck) considering it's 1/3 the price of the top Arcsabers/Nanospeeds/Armortecs of Yonex.

14. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Ya this is the 1st time i saw wilson racket & i quite love the rackets n design:) just dunno wat to get anw i saw the racket hanging up on the display at
    royal sport house how come the grip is abit yellowish:( i felt like buying the
    k blaze that day but i feel abit yucks!!!

15. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    to be honest with personal exoerience i have to say wilson r good rackets. but also yes it need new stringings. i have used the v14 in the past and they r so light but such a great racket though. only thing that concerns me that after looking at the specs of blaze & v14 they both seems very similar. so personally i would say y dnt u try out v14 which is no doubt a lot more cheaper unless some 1 can show me the digfference between the two rackets : )

16. apamacam

apamacam Regular Member

hi how does the stiffness affect the offensive capabilities?

stiff is good for offensive play?

thanks

17. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

hello apamacam,

There is link on the subject.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40187

I rated stiff racquet as more offensive, sorry for the misconception. I prefer stiffer racquet becoz I swing the racquet very fast.

But like Loopy said it depends on how u swing the racquet.

fast swinger benefit from stiff racquet.

slow swinger benefit from flexible racquet.

I hope it helps.

18. pw2002

pw2002 Regular Member

Just wanted to share something: I have the KTour and the KStrike and I'd been stuck using my KTour for about two months because my younger sister borrowed my racquet. Anyway, my sister deciided to steal my Yonex Muscle Power from me and she returned my KStrike to me. On a whim I decided to use the KStrike again after all these months and all I have to say is WOW.

The KStrike is light so it's an awesome defensive racquet but the smashing power is out of this world. My clears were going baseline to baseline, I had perfect depth on all my shots and my placement was still good. I can't believe I'd forgotten how awesome this racquet was.

19. cliffhu

cliffhu Regular Member

researcher
    The price is WOW as compared to that in UK!

20. suprabhat

suprabhat Regular Member

I broke my Wilson nCode 4. Yesterday i bought Wilson KStrike: seems lite and malleable. Tomorrow i am gona try it!!! Thanks pw2002!!!!