amateur here, just wanna ask questions..n_n

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by westle11, Mar 28, 2008.

1. westle11

westle11 Regular Member

Student
    hi guys, im kinda bothered, and this questions are particularly for those college badminton players and coaches as well..^_^:)

well, i just want to know if colleges/univ do accept players from other schools?
    uhmm, for example your from univ. of santo tomas, and for some crazy reason, u want to play for ateneo. will ateneo be willing to hold a tryout for this situations or at least give him/her a chance? (just an example pipz.n_n) :D

secondly, which school dominates the badminton tourns??

hope y'all can help me out..n_n

2. Dropshots

Dropshots Regular Member

m not a badminton coach nor a varsity player but my son is. University/colleges annually give try-outs for prospective players to represent their school. Regardless of what school you come from as long as your enrolled to that particular school, that qualifies you join the try outs. You could be a regular player or just be a part of the players pool (for a start). But there are cases wherein a player may be offered directly to be a part of the varsity due to their excellent skills. And to your other question, its not the school that play, but the players. Its the player that dominates, not the school. But there are schools that offer excellent training coz they have excellent trainers like UP. The likes of Ian Piencenaves heads the training team. So prove your skills so as they will take you. Have a nice day

3. westle11

westle11 Regular Member

Student
    ohhh..thank you sir.n_n so if ever u were offered to be a varsity in that particular university u automatically transfer there or does it have any transactions first? if i may ask, which school does ur son play for?

4. Dropshots

Dropshots Regular Member

You go to school to learn and earn a degree right? Not just to be a badminton player. Take the school that give the best offer. F u ask me, i'll take the school that offer the best in academics. The sport is just a ticket for the benefits you might receive for representing the school in that particular sport. Think of what you'll be in the future...a Lin Dan or an executive in a big company? Its your choice. We can't be a LinDan for life. My son just graduated high school at xavier university and i always reminded him that badminton will never be forever but education is.;)

5. westle11

westle11 Regular Member

Student
    oh.:) congratulations to your son.n_n

and exactly sir, thats why i really want to transfer to a BETTER school, coz apparently i'm not in good one right now..and i'm thinkin' that maybe my skills in badminton could help me out on gettin' in a better college...

hehehe, and to be frank that was my main purpose on askin' that question sir. thanks for the reminders! appreciate it a lot :) Good Luck to your son!