Yonex Aerosensa 10

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Xuey1992, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Xuey1992

Xuey1992 Regular Member

Student
    I bought a pack of Aerosensa 10 for 40 AUD as apparently thats what is officially used and after a while i realized that the shuttles were made in China not in Japan so i assume that the quality is worse..

I was playing with these feather shuttles and i smashed one and the feathers looked pretty bad after that...just one smash. (it was an overhead and it hit the feathers as the cork end was facing downwards)

So did i get ripped off for paying 40AUD for 12 feather shuttles made in china?
    and how do u smash the feather shuttles with out killing them..?

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

that's a crazy amount of money to pay for AS10s.
    we get AS40s here for around AUD28.

3. Xuey1992

Xuey1992 Regular Member

Student
    lol its you again..

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hahaha, it's always me .... but seriously though, i think you got ripped off big time.

5. aerotus70

aerotus70 Regular Member

AS10 selling around S$18+ locally, thats around 10AUD for a tube(dozen inside)

AS10 durability is very bad... i wont buy it, too exp for its dura

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    40 AUS for AS10 is too expensive regardless whatever region you are in. Plus, hitting the feather can kill any shuttles, regardless how well it's made. :eek: In addtion, AS10 is not worth the $$$, if you go with Yonex AS sereies, AS40 and AS50 are the ones to go. Even though more expensive, but at least you can enjoy a game game with top of the line quality shuttles. ;)

Also, I believe CHN is the one specialized in shuttles. Most of the top line products are from CHN.

7. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

If AS10's are 40AUD, how much are AS40's and AS50's going to cost him.. ?

8. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

if he buys it from the right source, a lot less than the AS10s he bought.

9. Makunouchi

Makunouchi Regular Member

Badminton Addict
    The quality of AS10 is not anymore the same compared 3 to 4 years ago.

10. andrewlyw

andrewlyw Regular Member

AS50 is also made in China.
    just ordered some AS50 from HK for AU$26 a tube incl. postage.

thanks to the high Aus$ :D

11. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

AS10 sadly is RRP'd in australia at $40 a tube. But you can actually buy AS20 for $30 in some shops here, its still very expensive for very poor shuttles. AS30/40/50 are not imported to australia, only source is from overseas so i guess we won't be seeing $80/tube.

The other problem in australia is the atmosphere is incredibly dry, especially if you have heating on at home at this time. Never, NEVER leave shuttles inside while you have heating on. My AS40's last year got so brittle i actually managed to break half the feathers on a "proper" smash (proper being hitting cock only, and landed in opponent's court, wasn't THAT strong either). I realised the problem only after 4 tubes got seriously dried up. Nowadays i hydrate my shuttles a bit, using AS50 at the moment. (if you're ordering overseas, might as well get the best, by comparison they seem so cheap). For most of the beginners playing with me, an AS50 shuttle lasts half an hour. They've mainly been breaking due to feather strikes... Which some very poor smashers in my group has a huge tendency to do...

I've been told the aeroplane black is the only other shuttle similar to AS50, its a little cheaper, only around $20/tube if you buy overseas. I've ordered some along with RSL touney, but the source says RSL tourney is not in the same level as AS50 and aeroplane black, but still fairly good, they cost around $18/tube.

12. jckuo

jckuo Regular Member

Businessman
    We are seliing AS-50 at 27.00/tube, AS-40 at $26.00/tube and AS-30 at $25.00/tube.

Occasionaly, we run promotion by placing 2 tubes (2 doz) on eBay selling at auction price starting from $49 for 2 doz of AS-50, from $47 for 2 doz of AS-40, or from $45 for 2 doz of AS-30, with fixed postage of $6.00 to anywhere in Australia.

13. exalted

exalted Regular Member

Marketing
    AS40s are the shuttle I swear by. AS50s tend to fly too much (perhaps here in humid Taiwan) AS10s are absolute trash, AS20s are definitely acceptable but its better to just suck it up and get the 40s, they last longer and in effect I think ultimately save money.