User Tag List

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...then they worn out quite fast based on ur rate of play...but if compared to Asics, asics is more durable right?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. There aren't too many ppl here that play more than me, and I don't think that was fast....Asics aren't more durable either. At least not the Gel Blade 3. Those are pretty close to death, and I wore them for less than 3 months. The 9000ACE green are still holding up, I just can't wear them anymore.

Just for comparison, I've seen a video of a Yonex-sponsored player who mentions he went through 12 pairs of the 65FT/86 in a year, so actually I'm not too bad, considering he can at the very most train 30 hours a week (which is less than 3 times my old average, while he used exactly 3 times as many shoes).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...seems like this shoes is quite reliable then...thanks for the tips and advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi j4ckie,

What is the brand/model of the green shoes that you're wearing now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KulimKia View Post
    Barca,

how much you paid for this pair and where did you get them from?
    I got it for RM270 from Asics Store, Pavilion KL. RRP is around RM380. There is a 30% discount for this colorway.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yingchai View Post
    Hi j4ckie,

What is the brand/model of the green shoes that you're wearing now?
    I'm not wearing them now. The green shoes are the Victor SH9000ACE-G (G for green), the shoes I'm wearing now are the Victor SH910 orange.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I'm not wearing them now. The green shoes are the Victor SH9000ACE-G (G for green), the shoes I'm wearing now are the Victor SH910 orange.
    May I ask you if you can compare SH910 with SH8500?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, can't do that yet as I haven't worn the 8500 in training so far. Only tested briefly if the size was good. From the 2 minutes I had them on, they felt a tad flatter but more supportive and stable than the 910.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SH8500 is quite an old model (i guess released on 2011). How much does it sells in KL?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the SH8500. It's an old model but still used by many professional korean player.
    I think they've noticed that SH8500 is popular, so they released it in some few color variations more. But I still prefer the original look
    But the 910 model also looks interesting.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As there's no real succeeding model, 8500 is still very popular. 910 has some differences, like the sole (a bit more narrow) or parts of the upper shoe (different heel stabilization - not bracetek, and generally a bit softer).
    If you'll excuse the comparison with Yonex here - the 8500 is basically the SHB9X series (with the addition of those lateral claws), the 9000ACE a flatter version of the 10X series and the 910 somewhat like the 8X series (only with better cushioning).
    Difference in that comparison - Victor shoes are generally more stable. The 8500 has (probably) stability comparable to the 10X series, while I haven't seen a Yonex shoe that's quite as rigid around the heel as the 9000 (or as flat, although the old SHB85 were close on the front sole).
    The 910 is much like the SHB92, actually.

Keep in mind that that's neither good nor bad. It depends on the individual how supportive the shoe needs to or rather can be. For me, the 9000 is too much - my foot and low calf muscles actually need a shoe that's not as rigid so they're forced to do some work as well. A better-cushioned sole is also important. For others, it's the perfect shoe and they don't get any problems...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggle View Post
    Where did you buy your Li Ning shoes from? Is there a website name?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking to get a new pair of shoe. I am using YY shb101 ltd with spenco total support insole.

I find that the shoe does not give me enough "cushion" (shock dempening). It is especially painful on my non-racket foot (both ball and heel) when I landed from overhead smashes. Opponent frequently lift/or partial lifts to my backhand corner (playing double). To maintain the attack, I smash it down (almost all the time) as a drop is what the opponents are looking for.

Do you guys have heel pain after games ? What brand shoe would do better? Which model of YY is more forgiving ?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any of the SC Yonex shoes should have more cushioning, the SC4 especially seems to be quite popular around here.
    Victor has the SH8500, which have slightly more cushioning than the 101ltd (which tbh is one of the hardest shoes I've played in so far, at least the blue&black ones).
    Li Ning I can't really say, as they have only one model in my size here and at a pretty steep price as well.
    Asics - the Gel Blade 3 is probably just a tad easier on the foot than the 101, but if you really have problems it's probably not gonna be enough.
    Be sure that your Achilles tendon is not involved, as heel pain is often a precursor of Achilles tendon problems (the frequent shocks aren't really doing it any good).
    Try to do some calf exercises, like light rope skipping and the well-known stairwell exercise. Stand on a step with the balls of your feet, your heels hanging in the air. Starting from an extended position, go down slowly until you feel a light stretch in your calves. Repeat that 15 times per set, 3 sets every day. Once the exercise gets too easy, you can do it with one leg, but be careful not to stretch too hard. The exercise has been proven to manage Achilles pain and can be done prophylactic as well. It strengthens both calf muscles and Achilles tendons and keeps your range of motion high.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by captaincook View Post
    I am looking to get a new pair of shoe. I am using YY shb101 ltd with spenco total support insole.

I find that the shoe does not give me enough "cushion" (shock dempening). It is especially painful on my non-racket foot (both ball and heel) when I landed from overhead smashes. Opponent frequently lift/or partial lifts to my backhand corner (playing double). To maintain the attack, I smash it down (almost all the time) as a drop is what the opponents are looking for.

Do you guys have heel pain after games ? What brand shoe would do better? Which model of YY is more forgiving ?
    I also agree with the Yonex SC shoes... had the SC5EX before, very cushiony.

Which total support insole are you using? Make sure to get the Max, it is the most cushiony.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Any of the SC Yonex shoes should have more cushioning, the SC4 especially seems to be quite popular around here.
    Victor has the SH8500, which have slightly more cushioning than the 101ltd (which tbh is one of the hardest shoes I've played in so far, at least the blue&black ones).
    Li Ning I can't really say, as they have only one model in my size here and at a pretty steep price as well.
    Asics - the Gel Blade 3 is probably just a tad easier on the foot than the 101, but if you really have problems it's probably not gonna be enough.
    Be sure that your Achilles tendon is not involved, as heel pain is often a precursor of Achilles tendon problems (the frequent shocks aren't really doing it any good).
    Try to do some calf exercises, like light rope skipping and the well-known stairwell exercise. Stand on a step with the balls of your feet, your heels hanging in the air. Starting from an extended position, go down slowly until you feel a light stretch in your calves. Repeat that 15 times per set, 3 sets every day. Once the exercise gets too easy, you can do it with one leg, but be careful not to stretch too hard. The exercise has been proven to manage Achilles pain and can be done prophylactic as well. It strengthens both calf muscles and Achilles tendons and keeps your range of motion high.
    From the repeated shocks, both the base of my heel and the achilles were sore. It got better in 2 days (with plenty of massages). Thank you for the advice - I will do the step exercise as prophylactic.

The pro shop at my club only carry YY. I will check up both Victor SH8500 and Asics gel blade 3 online.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I also agree with the Yonex SC shoes... had the SC5EX before, very cushiony.

Which total support insole are you using? Make sure to get the Max, it is the most cushiony.
    Will definitely check out the YY SHBSC6EX at the pro shop at my club. I am using Spenco total support original. I will try to find the Max.

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast