Singles techniques / training

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by BADHEN, Mar 28, 2008.

1. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

To All The Single Or Double Player,

This Forum Is For You All To Sharing Opinion And Techinques In Playing Single.

I Am From Malaysia,and Also Single Player.i Would Like You All Giving Me Some Abvises And Guides.i Also Found Out Playing Double And Single Is Difference.so Welcome You All From Over The World Pose Your Opinion For Me To Sharing.i Always Catch Up This Forum As Well As You All.

Thank You.

Single Player,
    Badhen

2. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

When I playing single.I always control by my opponent,so I always focus on his hitting shuttlecock.But also fail to catch up it and return it.How to get rid control of him??

Ahhen

3. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

First you should find out if your better moving towards the net or back of the court. If u can move to the front easily, try and focus on drop shots and smashes. If you can move back easily, practice deep clears whether its cross court or straight. Singles is a game of patience. Don't expect a smash to win the rally. Just keep doing what you do best and you build skills from there.

Baddy_enthusiast and Aventus like this.
  4. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    Yes. Good one K-MusclePower. Typically people say stand close to the back, because its harder to go to the back. But I find myself always struggling to get those drop shots. XD

So its up to you. Sometimes you may actually go to the back faster than the front, or maybe its just easier for you to go to the back. Adjust accordingly.

Aventus likes this.
  5. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Thank You.I get what you mean~!!
    But in single game,player have to cover all the court,we cannot just focus on the front and ignore the back or either,then our weakness will be visible to our opponent.
    In fact,i feel confident on my footwork,but sometimes my opponent make a drop shot suddenly in front net,make me struggling to reach it.
    And one more,my opponent very strong good "Dragging",that mean he do net drop when you be back.I really hard to chase it from back court.
    And my weakness is I always hit the ball in to the central line,normally in single,we should let them run 4 corners,but my hitting not that good accurate.How?beside practise.. .:eek:

6. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

yup,you right,normally,I go to back more easier than come to front.What you said is still under-control by him.I mean how I can I can forecast his shuttle's way??

Ahhen

7. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    You don't predict, but you stay in the position that will be most comfortable for you. Which is your personal home base. Rather than the home base everybody tells you of.

8. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    yah I agree with this, their isn't a accurate home base that everyone will be good at. i used to stand really close to the net, beacause i play agressive their, i had problems moving to the back , instead of moving my base i practiced my footwork everyday, now i have no more problems. so as a experiment, i moved my base back so that i could even out my attacks: netplay and backcourt smashes and i worked on my forecourt footwork, once my game was evened out, i noticed that i got much better then from the start of the year, so now i used this system to target certain areas of the court, which include footwork and strokes for that area. idk if it works for other people, thats just how i do it. it takes about a season to go from front then back then middle. then i start over next season. does anyone else have a sort of training schedule or something?

Aventus likes this.
  9. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Thank You both~!!
    You mean I have to find out where is my "HOME" in the court.And then,from the "home" to reach the all area with the shortly time,by using our footworks and stroke as well.Right??
    I will try it out,see isnt it can work for me or not.

One more question I found out after finish the session just now,in single,what kind of stroke we using??Higher hit or as lower as accross the net??
    Ahhen

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Footwork is very important in Single's game.

Aventus likes this.
  11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Stamina, speed and your mind to really hang in there.

Aventus likes this.
  12. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Any "Secret Training"can make me more fluent in single??Or any idea when playing single.Like trick.... .

13. kubuk

kubuk Regular Member

Student
    Super fast footwork+ knowledge on getting difficult shots back to the opposite side without getting killed+ awesome stamina.

Aventus likes this.
  14. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Kubuk,
    Have to explain clearly la,please~~!
    I cant get your means.Have to have superfast footwork,what training is need??
    getting difficult shot to opposite side,like as...??How to do it?Sure have certain movement and correct pose...ehhhehehhe.:D

Thank Your Post~!!

15. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    I am a single player also usually my indonesia coach 1st ask us to do footwork like 10sets than after that he will feed us mutiple shuttle for like 40mins, this is the 1st half training 2st half we will train 2 against 1 in both of them attack me n i just defend for 15min, than follow by i attack they defend:( single training is real tough men:( after this we will play game as usual 2 against 1 after the game is nearly the end of training we will put down i'll rackets n go to the beach there to do footwork,jumping n running again the training is super tough men:(

16. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Your coach giving you TOUGH training for you this TOUGH man~!!hehehe:D
    But it really work~!!!Will make you more POWERFUL in footwork.. .

But I like the part in beach~!!heehheh.

Ahhen

17. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I've had trainings like Xinguy, but not quite as harsh.. Just 3 hours of sprinting, lunging, footwork drills, 2vs1, etc..
    Just 6 weeks.. my footwork improved quite alot.

18. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Then,now you still training??

And tips to make playing single more powerful beside footworks.

Ahhen

19. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...

20. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    But in single basic footwork & stamina is really very very important even if how gd u're you dont have this 2 main things it will be really hard to play, I
    still remember when the 1st time i play in tournament after 2st set i just cant go on anymore no more brethe:D was struggling so much goodness men:crying: