Coaches in the south of England

Discussion in 'UK' started by Jamie, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Jamie

Jamie Guest

Hi,
    Does anyone know any coaches in Hampshire, Berkshire or Surrey (ENGLAND) which will coach one to one for a 13 year old boy.
    I have a coach but he has said that I should see someone else as well as him.

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Have you check out the UK/England Badminton Association web site?

http://www.baofe.co.uk

3. ronjonb

ronjonb Regular Member

n/a
    Coaches

Hi there Jamie

I guess it depends on where you live. I used to live in Southampton/Hampshire. If your near Southampton try contacting Chris Shepperd -
    chris@shepperdc.fsnet.co.uk

His brother also used to play for England, and he coaches too. Unfortunatly I don't have a telephone number for him.

If you live near Portsmouth, you could try contacting Jamie Russell -
    jamie@jtsports.co.uk

4. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Hi Jamie,

Lee Young Suk former Korean and International champion sometimes accepts students for one to one coaching. What is the game standard of the 13 year old boy? I would strongly recommend her as I have seen her coaching in action. I'm not sure whether she is busy or not but its worth to give her a try.

cheers
    sunny

5. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    I forgot to mention the name of the academy. It is called LIBA. LIBA is run by Lee Jae Bok former Korean Champion and Korean National and English National Coach. Lee Young Suk is the head coach of LIBA Academy in the UK.

6. skates

skates Regular Member

Designer. Also working with Lee Jae Bok promoting
    Hi Jamie

Lee Young Suk with be at the Wycombe Badminton Centre, Crest Road, High Wycombe assisting Lee Jae Bok with LIBA Badminton courses.

Weekend Course: Sat 31st / Sunday 01st August

Three Day Course (Juniors) Mon 23rd,Tues 24th and Weds 25th August
    Three Day Course (Club players) Sat 28th,Sun 29th and Monday 30th August

Young Suk was Korean National ladies champion (4 consecutive Korean National Singles Titles from 1987 - 1990; 8 consecutive Korean National Doubles Titles from 1989 - 1996 and Member of the Korean National Team from 1987 - 1993 )

You are welcome to come down for a visit and have a talk with Young Suk or attend one of the courses.

Full details are available on the LIBA website: www.libauk.com or feel free to contact me via info@libauk.com or send a PM

Best regards

Skates

7. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Cooollll :) :)

Skates, Will we have the expertise of Lee Young Suk for both end of July and end of August workshops in High Wycombe? or just one of them?

8. skates

skates Regular Member

Designer. Also working with Lee Jae Bok promoting
    Hi Sunny

Yes, Young Suk will be with us for both the courses at High Wycombe. Subject to confirmation she will also be travelling up to Scotland with us for the Glasgow course.

Now I'm going to make you jealous. :p This week Lee Jae Bok did some personal coaching at Milton Keynes. I had helped set it up so Lee invited me along. Young Sook was there also. Well, Lee did his one to one coaching with this guy called Andy. ( Quite a good player ) and for the last session Lee decided to play some games. I partnered Lee Jae Bok and Andy partnered Young Sook.

Lee decided to play best of three games. Young Suk and Andy won the first
    15 - 13, LJB and I won the second by the same score ( 15-13). We didn't have time to play the decider.

Skates

9. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    I'm very jealous now :mad:

Lucky Andy. Getting one to one coaching from lee is something special. Its a very good oppurtunity to improve the game. Is he a county player? Lee doesn't do one to one coaching very often does he?

Sounds like lots of fun to me. :)

Young suk probably wouldn't want to partner with me for doubles after my pathetic performance in the doubles game at littleport :eek: :(

Maybe someday!!!

10. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Just out of curiosity the 13 year old boy would be 16 now, the thread was from 2001.

Just for reference, the N/A after the post count means the used did not respond to Kwun's e-mail notification of having his user name and id transfered over from the old site so will not get notification of the replies like we do :(

11. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    ohhh dear :eek: :eek: