User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 54
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Whats the Best Shuttlecock for us Pinoys

    I've read several threads bwt shuttlecocks. But what i'd like to know are those birds that would be suitable to us pinoys in several ways. I say several ways because of, 1) that would be adaptable to our climate. 2) Economy (our pocket). We all know that the game is bit of expensive than tennis, so cost is one to be considered. And the other is quality. What brand that would cost less, at a range of P40 - 50, that would still be playable till 2 sets.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm, here in olongapo we use RSL Official shuttlecocks.. its costs around 595pesos sa toby's sports.. my sister is studying in pampanga so once a month i ask her a favor to buy one tube at toby's sm pampanga and pay her as she gets back home.. my friends and i are not professionals (yet).. we play every sunday.. we consume atleast 2 shuttlecocks and 4 at most every week.. as for the speed, we use 76.. hth.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cagayan de Oro City
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ei8ht View Post
    hmm, here in olongapo we use RSL Official shuttlecocks.. its costs around 595pesos sa toby's sports.. my sister is studying in pampanga so once a month i ask her a favor to buy one tube at toby's sm pampanga and pay her as she gets back home.. my friends and i are not professionals (yet).. we play every sunday.. we consume atleast 2 shuttlecocks and 4 at most every week.. as for the speed, we use 76.. hth.
    Mind to ask your skill level?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if i were to rank our group from 1 to 5, 5 for pros and 1 for novice, i'd say around 2.5(average). we are improving slowly due to the fact that we meet only on sundays because we have work on the weekdays. oh i forgot to mention that we play for 2-3 hours during sundays..

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cagayan de Oro City
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ei8ht View Post
    if i were to rank our group from 1 to 5, 5 for pros and 1 for novice, i'd say around 2.5(average). we are improving slowly due to the fact that we meet only on sundays because we have work on the weekdays. oh i forgot to mention that we play for 2-3 hours during sundays..
    If what u consider pros in ur group are standard "A"s, then you must be somewhere class "C". U'ree not average then, but advance. Quite good huh for a weekender player.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alabang, Philippines
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is my input. As your game improve, the durability of the shuttle will be a factor. Your smash might become stronger and the shuttle wouldn't last long. I'm not related to the maker of Aeroplane RED shuttles but for me it last a set for hard hitters. Sometimes if lucky and not mis hits it could even last for 2 sets. In some stores it can range to 900 pesos. But there are some who sells it for only 750 pesos. Just be sure of the vendors so you wont get the fake ones.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cavite, Philippines
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    hello ,

    here in cavite area, popular brand is FECO black around 380 to 390 per tube.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dtl plays great at P350.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    makati
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default francis23

    HEAD (team) shuttlecock COST ph51

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cavite, Philippines
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    hello isba, where can i buy dtl? i would like to give it a try.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    go for VICTOR EXTRA SPECIAL. srp is php550/ tube. made from goose feathers and quite durable.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perlas ng Silangan
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my group used black feco shuttlecock

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makunouchi View Post
    This is my input. As your game improve, the durability of the shuttle will be a factor. Your smash might become stronger and the shuttle wouldn't last long. I'm not related to the maker of Aeroplane RED shuttles but for me it last a set for hard hitters. Sometimes if lucky and not mis hits it could even last for 2 sets. In some stores it can range to 900 pesos. But there are some who sells it for only 750 pesos. Just be sure of the vendors so you wont get the fake ones.

    I agree.. we use Aeroplane Red or Green. It it's really durable.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    davao city
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How much is the chepest aeroplane now a days? is't still 750 per tube?

  15. #15
    Regular Member argus aviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We got this "NEW" aeroplane whose looks a little "Orange" instead of the normal "Red". This one plays, more or less, for two games without losing consistency in flight speed.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how much are the different variety of aeroplanes and where can i buy them?

  17. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    philippines
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    where can we find those brands(aeroplane and FECO) in cebu? if its better or cheaper than what we are using right now, we would like to try them out. we are currently using RSL official, and victor shuttles. thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    : 07-21-2009, 02:44 AM
  2. Whats is 2U,3U or 4U ??
    By chaos2blue in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 3
    : 08-19-2008, 03:23 AM
  3. whats better?
    By bahamut in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 0
    : 04-07-2007, 12:10 PM
  4. Pinoys - Where to buy Yonex Shoes in Manila
    By stantan in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 10-30-2006, 04:08 AM
  5. Whats next??
    By Byro-Nenium in forum General Forum
    Replies: 6
    : 03-21-2001, 01:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •