Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    jamesd is not yet 22
    He is still jamesd20
    yeah, you're right, fatigue must have set in.
    Well, jamesd20, sorry, I don't mean to rush you.
    Just out of curiosity, what does the 20 denote? 22 actually look quite nice, don't you think so?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Errrrr, LCW didnt say (if you were talking about LCW) "I dont know", LCW said he played slower against CJ.
    Read in one of the press.Maybe you can check.Don't think it's my imagination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    That's actually my point. If one player is in good balance and has enough time, yet choose to play risky shots which most of the time lead to him/her losing the point, he should change his shot-choice in the future.

My interpretion is that LCW wanted to win too much and chose wrong shots in many cases. And this is the reason why LD won so comfortably. Just look at my statistics, LD made his first unforced error when he has almost won the first game. That's a sign of confidence and maturity.
    high risk, high return

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Well, just watch LD vs. LHI. LHI used the whole first game to test LD and adjust the form of himself. He did very well in the following two games.
    he did very well, with a series number of bad calls.
    did u admit now that the bad calls favor to LHI?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    What dannyang said were his opinions, some possible reasons why LHI had won or lost, maybe not complete. His comment about homegrown champion was referring more to recent competitions since KO 08. As for German Open 08, Sung Hwan Park was seeded #1 and LHI #2. LHI won MS there without the participation of LD, LCW, BCL, and CJ.

We are all entitled to give our opinions in BC discussion. Your remark about him "spraying" appears to be an insult and totally uncalled for.
    no one CHN top MS were participated in Ina 05 when LHI won it

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD is a thinking player,
    can't accept that. do you seriously say that other players don't think before or during the games?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    can't accept that. do you seriously say that other players don't think before or during the games?
    There's a big difference in 'thinking' between LD, or rather,CHN and non-CHN players. CHN players do a lot of the thinking way before the match. Non-CHN players try to do some thinking before the match and most of it (badly) during the match.
    It's called pre-match preparations.When CHN players do pre-match thinking, they have the full resource of their coaches to help with all the opponent possibilities.So during a match, it looks like they are 'thinking' players.I get the feeling that MAS coaches concentrate more on skills and less on 'thinking'. Pre-match thinking training is the bigger match-winning factor because the NSS leaves a player almost no time to think.The fact that there are so many upsets indicate that skills has no edge when the 'better' player knows nothing about the 'lesser' player but the lesser player knows everything about the better player.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    It's a bit long to explain.
    I quoted that cos this is a comment that has given about LD, LD plays "smart badminton". In comparision, it has been said that BCL & CJ depend too much on their coaches. LD is known to be able to change & adapt very fast.
    Misbun commented last year that LCW is starting to play "smart badminton", I think it means players who are more independent, without depending too much on their coaches. If the original game plan doesnt work out, they quickly are able to change, those who are successful in countering their opponents are able to play smart badminton.

Needless to say, LCW didnt play very smart against LD in Swiss Open. It could be like LCW said, he was tired, could not execute the aggressive play that he should.
    Or like his coach Misbun said, LD (and CJ) changed their strategy against LCW. Hence, the "new styles" thingy. Of course Misbun did not & will not elaborate on that.
    Personally, my untrained eyes could not detect anything different from LD usual playing style in Swiss Open, neither did Birdwood. We do know though, LCW looked more tired than the fresh looking LD.
    So, it's either 'excuses' like ye333 said or media ploy or Misbun saw sthing we non professionals didnt see.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 04-09-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    ...The fact that there are so many upsets indicate that skills has no edge when the 'better' player knows nothing about the 'lesser' player but the lesser player knows everything about the better player.
    It looked this way when lesser-known players upset higher ranked ones, provided the luck was also on the side of lower ranked players that their superior opponents are not performing well. Often we saw seeded players lost in the early rounds clueless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a bit long to explain.
    I quoted that cos this is a comment that has given about LD, LD plays "smart badminton". In comparision, it has been said that BCL & CJ depend too much on their coaches. LD is known to be able to change & adapt very fast.
    Misbun commented last year that LCW is starting to play "smart badminton", I think it means players who are more independent, without depending too much on their coaches. If the original game plan doesnt work out, they quickly are able to change, those who are successful in countering their opponents are able to play smart badminton.
    BCL has few variation to his playing style. When he won, he always had better net shots and a quite number of smashes (good ones). When he lost, he would have done poorly on either one of them or had done neither.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4