Help, Need assistance

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Byron1337, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Byron1337

Byron1337 New Member

Student
    Hi, I recently bought a klipper m140 and i strung a AT 500 at 24/26, it felt as if it was only at 20 lbs comparing to my sisters AT 500 which is strung at 25 lbs and has bg 65 string as well, im using 2 Hi Qua flying clamps and the 2 clamps that it came with, could it be that the machine's weight is wrong? Thanks

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Depend. Which weight did you use? Is the on the weight arrow up or down (when you face the machine, and weight is on the resting position on top, the arrow should be on the right and pointing at 72 lb)? Did you use the weight conversion chart from Klipper? (it is off. just mult the badminton weight by 3 then seit it on the tennis scale. for example, if you use badminton weight, for 26 lb set the weight on 72 lb not 70 lb on the chart) Is the bar leveled? Also skip the 3 teeth clamps that come with the machine. It will slip past 23 lb without mod

3. Byron1337

Byron1337 New Member

Student
    oh... I think i know why now... I thought the 26 lbs on the weight thing was actually 26 lbs... i didnt think u had to use the 72 lbs... wow -_- but thanks SH!

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

According to the scale conversion chart, I thought 70 = 24lb, and 75 = 26lb? :rolleyes:

I know the chart is a bit off, especially under high tension, but just want to confirm that it did not come with 2 different type of weight for badminton.

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I think you and I had this conversation before. I also provided a regression graph of the weight conversion. Anyway. There should be only 1 badminton weight used for all KlipperUSA machine. It is much smaller than the tennis weight. Also, I did talk to David at KlipperUSA and he did agree and know wabout the conversion issue. The reason for the chart to go that way is ease of use.
    And I thank Master LB to point it out and gave me the chance to respond.

#5 silentheart, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Thanks for the confirmation. I think I am losing memory... :eek: