Wrist Flick

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by DeadlyDuck, Apr 3, 2008.

1. DeadlyDuck

DeadlyDuck Regular Member

Hi im an intermediate badminton player,15, and i was playing mixed doubles againstsomeone who was able too put the shuttle on the line by the smallest amount almost every time. I heard one of the senior players say something about a wrist flick, that that would make him more accurate or something. Could someone explain to me what this is?

all comments appreciated:)

2. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

The accuracy comes from practice, and using the same racquet/tension over a long period. Even pro's aimming for the line would miss some, so i doubt your opponent had incredible accuracy, he was probably having a great day thats all :D

3. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

flicking your wrist does not give you more accuracy, practice does, using proper technique. flicking your wrist just part of proper technique, pronation and supination for shots.

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Yup.. if you just use your wrist to strike the shuttle in a short backhand serve, it would be more precise.. from my own experience.

5. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

It definatley comes from practice. My backhand flick serves land pretty close to the line too cause i've been playing with the same racket for 8 months (2 times a week)