Where to Buy From?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by 12egan, Apr 5, 2008.

1. 12egan

12egan Regular Member

Student
    Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum and buying badminton equipment off the internet. I've been playing for around 3 years and was wondering if it's time to get a decently strung racket. I've had a Carlton Powerblade C400 I think and it's been decent so far but not as good of racket as I'd like it to be. Also I'm in Canada so if the retailer was in Canada or shipped to Canada that would help.

Also if anyone know's how many Lbs my racket should be strung at then could you please tell me (I'm only 15). The racket I'm currently using doesn't say and I don't know how to find out. I'm a newbie when it comes to equipment =(. All help is appreciated.

Oh one last question. If anyone could recommend me a good racket I'd appreciate that.

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Welcome to BCBF 12egan!!

Any graphite racquet should be able to take up to 30lbs if it's strung by a good stringer. But 30lbs is not reccomended at all, because it'll cause injuries. Try around 22 - 24lbs, because those tensions are like.. the easiest to use for people our age, and most people use 22-23lbs ( I'm 15 too ).
    Except.. I'm using 24-26lbs because I like the high-tension feeling..

If you'd like us to reccomend you a good racquet, then you'll need to provide us with more information, such as your playing style, your skill level, budget, etc..

Just fill these in for a start..

If you want a racquet:
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    4. How much money do you want to spend?

And mod, please move this thread to the racquet reccomendation/comparison forum.. thanks

3. 12egan

12egan Regular Member

Student
    Hello jhirata. I play on a High school team and also play for leisurely fun. I'll do anything I have to. I like to move the players around a lot and do net/drop shots but I also like to smash it down on them when it's up high. I'm a fairly all around player. I would like a racket that would last quite awhile because I don't want to spend a lot of money every few months but I definitely want one with good performance. So half n half probably or 60 percent performance 40% durability. I'm not quite sure about my budget yet. I'll figure it out later. I definitely don't want to spend 150+ dollars that's for sure. I don't need an extremely expensive racket. I'd prefer to put more money in the stringing and grip.