pleasanton sat sun evenings

Discussion in 'USA West' started by mo, Jan 28, 2002.

1. mo

mo Guest

thomas hart middle school
    intersection of willow and las positas blvd
    pleasanton ca 94588

think address is 4433 willow road (or 4443 sorry)

sat eve 7-11pm $4
    sun eve 6-10 $4

2. Titus Shem

Titus Shem Guest

can u tell me how many courts there are and is it for everyone?? thanxmo wrote:

3. jw

jw Guest

just wanted to know if its gonna be open for easter sunday...thnx

4. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    thank you very much

5. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    thanks for the direction.

i stop by their and play, but found out some of the people not so friendly and non-rule compiling. We had problems such as, we put our "pins" up while others didn't, however the ones who didn't put up the "pins" just run into the court without any regards to who was next. I found this irretating, because the "pins" are for a purpose and that purpose is to let everyone at the gym have a chance to play. There were others who imploy other means to control the court however that i will save for another time. In four hours we play approximately 45min due to the above problem.

On the other hand, the layout of the facility was great, and I would go again, even though I live 2.30hrs away. I think what happened to us was an isolated incident.

Oh did anybody have the same problem?

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    2 1/2 hrs! your enthusiasm towards badminton is very much admired! :)

when were you there? i went on Saturday and the crowd was ok. it start off crowded but was rather empty towards the latter half of the evening. i am surprised you only get to play 45 mins. we managed to get in a lot of badminton time.

a couple of times i have seen ppl not putting pins up. usually ppl are quite nice about it, and if you do see some violators, stick by the rule and if that doesn't work, there is alway the guy who look after the gym whom you can talk to.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    45 min out of 4 hrs and u have to drive 2.5 hrs to the club...

Wow... I have to say, if such problem continues, u should definitely talk with the ppl who manage the club. Ppl should respect each other while respect to the rules.

2.5 hrs... I thought my 1.5 hrs trip is far enough already. :eek:

8. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    where i live we don't get to play much, like <30 days in a year if we are very lvery ucky.

I don't mind the drive actually, and i think that in generally some of the people are really nice, as we all know that their are some that aren't and those that are, however it's the one that aren't, that irritates you because of repeated action. I think it might be my problem. However i did meet some people whom are really nice that i meet at the BAOPEN whom invited me to play a friendly game. To bad i suck big time, maybe that is my big problem.

I am looking forward to playing their again, maybe this saturday, and for sure i will probable feel more at home so that those thing won't bother me.

Some of the people their are very good.

ohhhhhhh........ is anybody here going to the cal-tournament, i am thinking about it but i need more practice to play in a higher level>>>>>>>.because i succcccccccccckkkkkkkkkk(now).

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Sounds very much like my last year's situation. Did not get access to local clubs, and had to travel 50+ miles to play. The traffic suck big time, and sometimes, the "not behaving" ppl could really drive me mad (staying on road for 3 hrs, then have to "fight" for the court time???)

After found 2 other clubs close by, I permanently said "bye" to the nice ppl in the old clubs, and save big for my poor car.

10. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    where do you play now LB? I live in Stamford during the work week now.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    cvanbui, we probably will be there again this saturday. look for a tall skinny guy and a tall skinny girl playing mixed. we now have a regular games against this pair where the guy can smash really really hard. we have close games every time, usually end up with a scoreline like 15-12 13-15 16-17. sometimes they win, sometimes we win. quite fun!

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Replied u via PM. ;)

13. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    i managed to stop by in pleasanton and play, this time was great. i meet a host of new people and they were friendly, i even meet some people that play in the fall baopen.

does anybody here know if the pleasanton gym will be open this saturday?

14. lehminh

lehminh Regular Member

Research Associate
    Open for Thanksgiving weekend

I just got confirmation that Thomas Hart Gym will be open for Thanksgiving weekend.
    Sat 7-11
    Sun 6-10

15. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    thanks lehminh

oh by the way do you know if they are going to be open during the winter break, also do you play at pleasanton?

i went their thanksgiving weekend and saw some very good people play, hopefully i will get to play with them.

16. lehminh

lehminh Regular Member

Research Associate
    cvanbui,

I do play at pleasanton, but usually just Saturdays. I am a pretty short guy (5'4") and usually come with two tall brothers (5'10").

I'm not sure about the winter break but so far its been open every weekend. I assume it will be that way until we are notified. You could also sign up for their yahoo group by going to google.com and searching for "pleasanton badminton group".

Are you playing in the UCBerkeley tournament this weekend? The registration is still open until Friday.

17. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    lehminh

i've reg. for it but not sure if i am going or not, single. i like doubles but my partner(younger brother) cannot go so only single. are you playing in it?

currently not good enough to play in tournaments but trying to improve. Hey i play on sat. actually last saturday. Seen alot of people that were really good, and i am hoping to play with them, and maybe do better.

i've notice some of the players their were powerful, and am looking forward to a good match. i might be there this sat.