Badminton Alley in Sunnyvale, CA

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Shadysheep, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Shadysheep

Shadysheep New Member

Hi. I was wondering if anyone bought a racquet from Badminton Alley (USA)and shipped it to CANADA. In general, I was wondering if this place is legit and if there has been any problems with broken/bent racquets. I want to get the Nano 8000 2008 ($195) and it's cheaper than Maxsports.ca ($220 for NOT the 2008 version). If anyone can recommend another online store based in Cananda that is cheap and reliable, I would really appreciated. Thanks :)

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not sure if Badmintonalley ships to CAN or not. Also, you might need to consider the possible extra shipping and tax, depend on which carrier they use, even if they agree to ship.

Personally, I bought rackets and other stuff from BA before (not very recently though), and they are legit. The package was fine and shipping was fast enough.

3. Elixau

Elixau Regular Member

Badminton Alley does ship to Canada.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Badminton Alley is a Yonex authorized dealer, so they do sell genuine products.

For another place cheaper, well you could probably check with Tad's since they are also a Yonex authorized dealer as well.

5. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    shipping is like $33.75 from BadmintonAlley, (just add item to cart and select country and province and it'll show)

as for online stores...dunno any in Canada...
    you can try lee's badminton, coz they do international orders...but i just looked at their prices and it's $295 for JP version, $280 for CD

seems like maxsports.ca is a good place to buy it since tax, strings and stringing is already included in the price

6. Shadysheep

Shadysheep New Member

Thank you everyone!

7. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

Have dealt with maxsports good guy, pricing includes tax and stringing and shipping if over a set value. He also has a good warranty policy so compare well ,if there is a problem [customs/damage] saving 10 or 20 bucks isn't worth it.