User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how Yonex even addresses warranty issues. What kind of proof do they want if a racket snaps during stringing below max tension? (Assuming fairly new racket of course).

As for me, I've been doing doing 2-piece stringing but recently 1-piece. I can cut down from 30ft to 29ft of string. I also feel more confident that the tension is holding better.

As for crosses, I tend to do +2lbs. because I have a 2-point mount. I feel that +2-3lbs. on crosses will help with maintaining the shape, which is for aesthetic purposes. At 25lbs.+ for mains, I do about 2.5-3lbs. for crosses, so the 10% increase. So if I wanted 26lbs. I would string it at ~25x27.5. I should technically drop the mains cross a little bit to 24.75x27.25 but it really depends if I want to bother.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    I wonder how Yonex even addresses warranty issues. What kind of proof do they want if a racket snaps during stringing below max tension? (Assuming fairly new racket of course).
    hard to say for during stringing. for racket that has been strung, Yonex USA have been requesting shops not to cut the string so they can examine the string job to determine if the warranty would be granted. Yonex has been tightening up the process a lot lately. i have a feeling that they might be losing a lot of money from giving out too many warranty replacement.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha..premium price and now a lot of warranty replacement

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    hard to say for during stringing. for racket that has been strung, Yonex USA have been requesting shops not to cut the string so they can examine the string job to determine if the warranty would be granted. Yonex has been tightening up the process a lot lately. i have a feeling that they might be losing a lot of money from giving out too many warranty replacement.
    Well around here they request that you don't cut the string - cutting it is apparently enough to void the guarantee, as they'll just assume you strung it tighter than warrantied. Compared to ANY other racket company I've had experience with, their replacement service is absolutely the worst - I haven't gotten a single one and neither has anyone I know (I train in 4 clubs, so....that's quite a few ppl).

All I can say is that they certainly don't lose money from replacing rackets in Germany

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Well around here they request that you don't cut the string - cutting it is apparently enough to void the guarantee, as they'll just assume you strung it tighter than warrantied. Compared to ANY other racket company I've had experience with, their replacement service is absolutely the worst - I haven't gotten a single one and neither has anyone I know (I train in 4 clubs, so....that's quite a few ppl).

All I can say is that they certainly don't lose money from replacing rackets in Germany
    so some shops i know, keep some cheapass strings around, when customer request a replacement without string, they will string it up with really low tension and then pass it to Yonex...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My stringer said that +2 should be on the main and not on the cross?? so he strung my racket at 26/24.. would this be bad for my racket?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rych05 View Post
    My stringer said that +2 should be on the main and not on the cross?? so he strung my racket at 26/24.. would this be bad for my racket?
    That's a first. I wonder what his theory behind that logic is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didnt explain to me why +2 is done on the cross.. so i just allowed him to do the stringing.. i just hope it wont break the racket..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default +2Lbs Cross or main?

Quote Originally Posted by Rych05 View Post
    He didnt explain to me why +2 is done on the cross.. so i just allowed him to do the stringing.. i just hope it wont break the racket..
    The extra 2lb is usually on the cross. Your previous reply on this thread stated that your stringer was stringing the mains with an extra 2lb tension? Either way unless your rackets are strung at extremely high tensions there is no danger of the frame breaking from such a small variance. Personally, when I string badminton rackets I tend to either string both mains and crosses at the same tension or add 2lbs to the crosses but I really do not know what the benefit of adding 2lbs to the crosses has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a quick question, is +2lbs needed on a Victor C-7031? I couldn't find the information online.
    (And no, I do not own one of these things. The only stringer close to us has one.)

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22