I Need A New Racket, Advice?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by 12egan, Apr 6, 2008.

1. 12egan

12egan Regular Member

Student
    Hello everyone, I'm in need of a new racket as you all know by reading the title. I've been playing for about 3 years now (I'm 15) and I've been using the same Carlton C600 for that 3 years. I play on the high school team here which involves playing every Thursday which consists of about 10 games. I also have practice on Monday and Friday and sometimes at lunch on certain days. I also play outside of school for fun on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I play quite a lot.

I'm and all around player. I like to move the players around and do net/drop shots but I also like to smash the shuttle when I can. Performance and durability wise I'd like the racket to be really durable but get enough bang for my buck. So maybe 60% performance and 40% durability or 50/50. I'm not quite sure how much I want to spend yet. Also would I have to string my own racket because I don't want to pay 300.00 dollars for a stringer and I'm pretty sure no one here strings there own rackets (we don't have a stringing machine as far as I know in our city).

All advice will be appreciated and all suggestions are accepted. Also if you guys need to know anything else I'll be here waiting ;).

Oh I forgot to mention I don't want a long racket and I don't want a very heavy one. Also I'd rather have a Yonex racket then any other one but I'll still accept other suggestions. Thanks.

#1 12egan, Apr 6, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    High end yonex?AT900T..the best for all round racket...Altough it's a head heavy,but u wont lose any control.Very good maneuverability with a decent power.

3. 12egan

12egan Regular Member

Student
    Thanks I'll check on that. It's a tad expensive at 160.00 USD. Also could anyone mention me a good site to order from that's legit and some what fast? I'm still looking for racket recommendations though. I won't be ordering yet.

#3 12egan, Apr 6, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Try to contact our members,like ar_dan..i think he can offer u some good price.Or check our buy&sell forum.I believe it's a good deal if u can find it in canada at USD160,since even if u buy one in asia,it'll be preety much the same or more after the shipping costs added.

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

btw,what's ur budget limit?

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

7. 12egan

12egan Regular Member

Student
    Approximately 150.00 USD maximum.

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

If the 160USD is already include everything..then i guess it's a good price.Comparable to the price in asia market.

Btw,what's ur style of game n ur current level?
    If u like head heavy with high maneuverability,AT900T is the best.It still can smash hard though..
    But if u prefer to smash more,AT900P is the answer..but u'll have less maneuverability compared to the T.

Or u can check on the three generations ti-10..

There are alot of threads regarding the reviews of these rackets..so,check it out..

9. 12egan

12egan Regular Member

Student
    My budget is 160.00 USD for just the racket. I'll spend extra on shuttles, strings etc and I already have a bag. I play for the high school team here and I'm one of the better players. I'm the second best player here besides this one guy who hasn't lost a game yet. I want a racket that I can use to do net play and drop shots but can also smash hard. So a all around racket would be nice. I was thinking about the AT900T.

Are there any good Canadian sites or other sites that have the prices on the rackets? I haven't been able to find one besides mjstrings. Also could you mention me a good set of strings?

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    So what is it in CDN?!?! lol! We're mixing up currencies now, lets just stick with one!!

If you want to buy products, it would be recommended to obtain them from a Yonex authorized dealer.

Here are two Yonex authorized dealers in Canada which would have the best price.

www.maxsports.ca
    www.tadssports.ca

#10 Matt, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  11. andrew chan

andrew chan Regular Member

12. 12egan

12egan Regular Member

Student
    Thanks alot guys.

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Lol what kind of site is this. Just visited it, and some of their pics don't work. Not a good impression for looking less than 30 seconds!!

14. 12egan

12egan Regular Member

Student
    Matt do the two sites you mentioned have good prices? Also are they fast and are they the better sites out of Canada's choices? Thanks.

15. andrew chan

well i only used it to get a map xD, huever did their site sux, if you're a local, i'd suggest u go there to hold the racquet in ur hand and swing it to see if u like it. Lol, Matt ur not a local and can get stuff for cheaper, this doesnt apply to u

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    For, Tad's they #1 in Yonex's Canada's perspective.

There is definately other authorized places/sites outside of Canada's choices if you like to look elsewhere because of pricing and also if you want products which are not available in Canada.

17. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I don't have to be a local because one can use the same methods to products for cheaper anyways regardless of location. Also did you know, I have a friend in Toronto who use the same method I used and gotten identical results? He was thankful for my advise and therefore, it is applicable to anyone.

Also this is not only applicable to badminton, anything such as home theater, audio/video, computers which I am an enthusiast of them as well.

#17 Matt, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  18. andrew chan

i didnt mean it in an offensive way, but yeah, ur friend should actually go to the store if not to buy anything, just to browse. i only provide that link cause it has a map and phone numbers in contact us.

19. 12egan

12egan Regular Member

Student
    I don't live in Toronto. I live in Saskatchewan and it's very hard to find decent rackets and badminton equipment here. I'm pretty sure there's no stringers here as well.

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    This is a nice looking website :)
    Quite a spiffy design too.

Looks like it is still being developed.