In need of a new racket...

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Paritos, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Paritos

Paritos Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone,

I'm in need of a new racket. I've been using my BK Matrix 8 for the last 2 years and it served me pretty well. It is described as a light and flexible racket, probably head light and 67 cm long. I've been getting lots of power from 21 lbs stringing. It suited me well, 5'10, 125lbs, 72 cm arm lenght and good strength for someone that light.

I'm probably heading for for a Yonex Armortec 300/500 and I'm a little worried about an head heavy racket. I need to improve my hitting speed and footwork as well as my smashes. Would it help me ? And what is the difference justifying the price gap between the Armortec 300 and Armortec 500 ?

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

AT500 has a stiffer shaft than the AT300, and possibly a more head-heavy balance. And some other weird technology stuff..

Those racquets wont suit you unless you're a smash/attack-based player. If your playing style is based more on control/placement, then a less head-heavy racquet would be better. Eg: Wilson K-Tour, Yonex NS8K, etc..

3. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Can i post here too??
    Since i also wanna choose a racket...this time...i'm just asking opinions...
    Playing level: Intermediate(which i don't know u all considered it as which level)
    Style: Control, but sometimes offensive(coach said so)
    Mostly singles

Btw, i saw 3 rackets im attracted to...Yonex so far...

erm...they are:
    1) Armotec 900 Power
    2) Ti10
    3) NanoSpeed 9000 S

Can anybody tell me, among the 3, which one is more suitable for my style?

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

NanoSpeed 9000 S would be the best for you.. AT900P and Ti10 are head-heavy, so you'll need to be like.. an 'always' offensive player :D

Another alternative is the Nanospeed 8000. Very solid, all-round racquet.. some say it's better than the Ns9K.

5. Canuck19_14

Canuck19_14 Regular Member

Student

It your style is a controleed base with offensive mixed in there you might maybe consider maybe the ArmorTec 900 Technique. Less power than the 900P but more control and better moving abilities.

6. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the advice...will know what to choose =)