60$-100$

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Soul9999, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Soul9999

Soul9999 Regular Member

Hi i'm looking for a decent for that price yonex badminton racquet that provides more power for smashes and more power for full court clears. Any suggestions? I've been thinking of the AT 150 but it has a medium flex. Does the medium flex actually affect a lot? Thx in advance

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    U'd have more options which is not that bad at all actually,if u ever consider getting else than just the yonex..kason,sotx,victor,etc..

3. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    all depends on your skill level
    medium flex is when you have decent wrist technique...so you can rely a bit more on your arm...

stiffer racquets are better if you can really snap your wrist fast...

if you want a decent racquet but a non-yonex one, get the chao pai 728 that Dinkalot is selling, i got one too and it's a pretty good racquet, medium flex, 3U and it's $55, a really good deal

#3 deadman85, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  4. Soul9999

Soul9999 Regular Member

not really expecting a pro racket just want a racket with a little more power till i get better then ill probably get another

5. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

If you want to improve your stroke in order to be able to clear full court with ease.. use a head-light racquet so that it would be easier for you to practise hitting the shuttle with the fast snap of your wrist.. and once you've gotten much better with that, you can benifit much more from a head-heavy racquet.. from my experience.

6. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    i suppose cheap head light balanced rackets i would suggest are Wilson v14 or else go for Victor G7500. i mean it, these rackets are very very light, price wise not bad preety cheap too. you can go for something newer than that but i think these are very good light weight balanced & cheap but very good rackets. specially i love the VictorG7500. i have put on new strings (orange color strings)on it with some high tensions + i got karakal super tacky yelllow grip on it too. so trust me not only it looks bling bling it does the job too.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If you live in NY metro area, try to contact www.nycbadminton.com as they are Yonex dealer. They have various sites during 7 days a week, and you should be able to demo some rackets. Try to contact them before making a trip, so they will let you know which rackets they have available for you to try.

If you prefer stiff and Oval racket, Cab30ms is the best deal. ;)

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Second what LB said. You should be able to get a Cab30ms (Which is a pro level racquet) for about $110 USD without any prob. If not, Cab21 is another good choice.

9. 2ol2play

2ol2play Regular Member

retired
    Yonex spends mega bucks on advertising and players and that means that not so much money actually goes into the production of the rackets...Look at other brands, many are cheaper and play much better, especially if you are a beginner....If your a beginner then you should have a good headlite (if your not too strong) racket with high flex....if your strong then you can use the stiffer flex but keep in mind that the stiffer flex racket depends a lot on good technique or you just get no power at all even if your strong...I have trained thousands of players and the best racket for the beginners (6 months training)....is usually the high flex headlite racket strung with BG65 at 20x22....if you have a YangYang dealer near you then check out their Extra lite #1 or the Nano Sensation 40 in headlite balance...these are selling for about 30usd...generally speaking the higher the price the harder the racket is to play with...:D

10. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    I personally believe that the AT 250 is a good all-around racket. It's also quite durable for me, though it might break soon. It's been in a number of clashes and has a rather large number of paint chips, but it's still in playing condition.

11. andrew chan

andrew chan Regular Member

AT 300 is about 130 USD, and it should last you quite awhile, its head heavy, stiffer than the 150, and it should give u an easy transition into the higher tiers of the armortec line.

12. Soul9999

Soul9999 Regular Member

what do you guys think of the ncodes and kfactors by wilson? they seem to be at a good price

13. dorkboi92

dorkboi92 Regular Member

i own a k blaze and i think it is a better deal for the money than the lower end armortecs, not as light, but the power and control is better. plus the paintjob is nicer xD

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I don't like the ncodes series, especially the ones with "gromment less" designed ones. Personally, if I have to settle with Wilson, Kfactors is a better choice for myself. ;)

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't see the logic here.

I agree that Yonex put a lot of more into the marketing, but that does NOT mean, they don't care about their production. If their rackets are poorly made, I don't think all the pros (to which the performance means their job and career) will only stick to Yonex.

I am not here to argue whether other brands make better or worse rackets than Yonex, as the performance is very much personal preference. However, I do believe Yonex racket are made with a very decent quality level.

16. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Very true. I don't think they'd have much to endorse if they didn't manufacture quality products.

17. Soul9999

Soul9999 Regular Member

thx for the replies guys but what about a sting i'm looking for a decent power and semi durable string

18. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Yonex BG-80 will do.