schedule for lam community center???

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by partner, Feb 14, 2002.

1. partner

partner Guest

can someone tell me what time it starts and how long it runs for and what it costs? this is the l'amoreux community center on kennedy i believe. a couple of my friends and i would like to play and the skill level varies from beginner to intermediate. any information would be appreciated.

2. Creative

Creative Guest

L'am is getting quite overcrowded now. Visitors are still welcomed. :) You must play games(points to 15) and can't just rally with your friends. There is no time limit but the club members complain if you don't count points when you play games. I got booted a few times. This is for Sundays of course. Saturdays I don't know as I don't attend Saturdays. Saturdays runs from 8:00pm-11:00pm. Fee of admission is $5.00. Sundays are 8:00am-2:00pm. There is a 30 minute wait at 10:30am for only three courts as the community centre uses three other courts for golf. The other three is used for aerobics till 11:00am. After 11:00am, there are 6 courts to use. Two are used for badminton classes. That leaves 4 courts for recreational badminton. Fee is also $5.00.

3. partner

partner Guest

so if i go at 8am on sunday will i get a lot of playing time?
    thanks for the info creative.

4. Creative

Creative Guest

partner, at 8am there are fewer people for 6 courts. You get more playing time and you can hog the court longer. You don't have to play games. Come 9:00am, more club members arrive and it gets crowded. Have to play games starting at 9:00am. People are courteous at L'am on Sundays. You just have to be clever and know not to hog the courts. See you there on Sunday. :)

5. Ah May

Ah May Guest

partner, I think I saw you at L'am on Sunday. Were you the one wearing the grey t-shirt and black shorts? I believe you were using Carbonex 2X. You left early. At L'am, you have to be patient. If you play at L'am, relax and enjoy yourself. Take your time and wait for your turn. Going at 9:00am and leaving at 2:00pm will yield you close to 8 matches or more. There are less people after 1:00pm. I think you will have a good match with the guy that uses I believe a MP100. I don't know his name. :) His skill level is close to yours but slightly better in some respects. Come on out next Sunday. Maybe we can pair up to play some mix doubles. :)