Guildford Rec Center Junior Training Program

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by badrad, Feb 19, 2002.

1. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    For those of you in the Surrey area, 16 years or younger, there will be a Sunday morning junior (12-16 yrs) badminton training program starting March 10. It is a 90 minute program (9:45-11:15am) and will be initially 8 sessions. The cost is $27 for 8 sessions, pre-registration is required. Note: this is not a beginners program.

There are four volunteer coaches (myself included) for this program. All the coaches are competition players and will provide techique and strategy for different disciplines (singles, doubles, mixed). This effort is to promote a grass roots competitive badminton program in Surrey.

Let me know if you are interested, or contact the Guildford rec center (604-502-6360) for more information.

2. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    where is this?

3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    It is in Surrey, BC, at the new Guildford Recreation Center on 152nd Street and 104 Ave. It is on the north side of the Guildford Mall. If you are travelling on 152, just 1/2 block north of 104, you will see the new building. Nice facilities, 12 courts altogether in 1 large and 1 small gym. It's bright and multi-purpose, and too many windows, but it's clean and new.

4. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    oh damn.. im in toronto:(

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Ooooh, that will some commute to come for practice. I think currently the furthest away are a couple of kids from White Rock.

6. Jason

Jason Guest

i thought u said the drop in fee is only $3?

7. Jason

Jason Guest

and the other thing is... 16 or younger? that means I'm too old ><

8. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    $3 (sumthing), just pay the junior drop in charge. nah, don't worry about the age limit - i'm running it, we have a 17 yr old and an 18 as well. this sunday we will be missing the twins because they are away on a tournament.

just a note - starting next weekend, i have the program changed to Saturday mornings starting at 8:30 instead. i found out that a lot of the kids i train from the school can't attend due to church. but this sunday will be still the same time.

9. William86_98

William86_98 Regular Member

Student
    Friendly Exhibition

My name is William and I'm from S&S Badminton Cqouitlam just across the bridge. We also have a youth training program and I'd like to arrange a friendly exhibition competition between our clubs sometime. Would any of your players be interested?

William Wong
    S&S Badminton Coquitlam