Paranaque, M.M., Philippines

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by Lau Hu, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Lau Hu

Lau Hu Guest

Is there a badminton gym in Paranaque?

2. hypersmazsh

hypersmazsh Guest

why don't you check out the courts @ villamor or fort bonifacio!

3. rickleng

rickleng Guest

Hi!
    In Nomad Sports Club in Merville Park, Paranaque .

regards,

4. Lau Hu

Lau Hu Guest

We never play in Villamor anymore because the last time we were there, assholes are hogging the court available for non-members...and worst is the old guys who administers the gym never did anything. I just did not want to make a scene so I let it pass.

Fort Boni is ok but sometimes when you go there after office, there a LOT a players. Now, when a group of newbies play, a 2 set game can go like 1 hour. Waiting time that logn can sometimes be frustrating. But ordinarily, it's ok.

I wanted to find out if there gyms in Paranaque where we could play coz I want to put up a club.

Thanks for the info rickleng. How many courts do they have there? How much for the rental?

5. Lau Hu

Lau Hu Guest

We never play in Villamor anymore because the last time we were there, assholes are hogging the court available for non-members...and worst is the old guys who administers the gym never did anything. I just did not want to make a scene so I let it pass.

Fort Boni is ok but sometimes when you go there after office, there a LOT a players. Now, when a group of newbies play, a 2 set game can go like 1 hour. Waiting time that logn can sometimes be frustrating. But ordinarily, it's ok.

I wanted to find out if there gyms in Paranaque where we could play coz I want to put up a club.

Thanks for the info rickleng. How many courts do they have there? How much for the rental?

6. rickleng

rickleng Guest

hello lau!!!

nomad have only one court... i don't know if they renovating it now...
    i not member, i paid 100.00 pesos (guest fee).
    try www.nomad.com.ph for other rates...
    if your going to put up a club, i love to help...
    maybe you need a website for it.. £:)

regards,

7. lizamart

lizamart Regular Member

businessperson
    South Smash @ Alabang

Hi everyone,

Check out South Smash along Alabang-Zapote Road (beside Toyota Alabang). We have 6 matted floors (6.5mm), well-lighted, and ample parking. Or call (02) 809-4916
    See you all!

8. sly8296

sly8296 New Member

Olivarez

I usually play at Olivarez. They have 15 courts for badminton and we play every sunday in the 5 courts area near the tennis court. U myt want to try it out.

9. fr_topak

fr_topak Regular Member

PM
    Southbay Badminton along Paranaque Service Road.

There's a que court every Monday evening 7pm to 11pm. 100 Php play all you can.

Check out pbnet.net/courts for location

10. maldita

maldita New Member

business owner
    :eek: Yes! at Olivarez Gym in Sucat Rd.

11. Ralph Pabelico

Ralph Pabelico Regular Member

Stores in Paranaque?

My grandpa is coming to Florida to visit me at the end of March and I want him to bring some badminton stuff with him from Paranaque. Are there any stores in Paranaque that he could get good deals on feather shuttlecocks, racquets, and shoes? Where do players that live in this area buy this stuff?

12. pumpkin

pumpkin Regular Member

Badminton stuff is available in any sports shop at malls here in Metro Manila (Paranaque is one of the cities in the Metro Manila area). Shuttles are not that cheap here--comparable to Badmintonalley.com prices. Yonex racquets (SP coded) are outrageusly expensive.

Good deals here are: 1) Yonex (TH) rackets that are resold here are reasonable (about $130 for AT800/AT700), usually sold in smaller shops or through friends. 2)Stringing services, about $7 BG85 + $1 labor 3)Generic dri-fit type badminton shirts, about $8 4)Local Badminton Magazines with pretty models on the cover! 5)Shoes-- though not cheap here, may have a better selection (brands available: Yonex, Victor, Chao pai, Kawasaki, and lots more)

13. Ralph Pabelico

Ralph Pabelico Regular Member

Thanks pumpkin. I will just get my grandpa to bring over some feather shuttlecocks and magazines. I would also like to get shoes but I forgot how shoe sizes translate from the Philippines and America, would anyone know?

14. -Jerome-

-Jerome- Regular Member

Student
    YES..... Flick Badminton Court... :)

15. happy

happy New Member

hi

do you guys now where there is a training for badminton? na there is a coach who could teach me play badminton better?:)

16. Starsky

Starsky Regular Member

Hey guys,

Anybody here who plays at Olivarez or anywhere in paranaue/las pinas area? Lookings for peeps who i can join playing? I'm a newbie and been playing the sport for only 4 months...

17. markpreclaro

markpreclaro New Member

badminton in paranaque

in paranaque ; olivarez college in sucat theres total of 15 courts {matted}but you have to bring your playmates w/ you.
    if u are dropping in the place to go is playground in las pinas by bf almanza viilage excellent place to play theres queing from 7pm till you drop all kinds of players level very reasonable fee i think 100 pesos +birds and super freindly people look for jeff Go.

18. Starsky

Starsky Regular Member

Thanks markpreclaro, perhaps i will dropby Playground this weekend! :)

19. Dandy Cabrera

Dandy Cabrera Regular Member

Customer Service Agent
    Badminton Gym in Paranaque

Olivarez College, 10 courts and 5 courts.