User Tag List

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the point that it gets tiring to pick up the shuttle by hand.. I only does it when my scooping fails after 2 tries.. I taught my friend once on how to scoop the shuttle.. she tried it during play and ended up moving around court scooping it.. all of us was laughing non stop.. haha.. finally she got fustrated and picked it up by hand..

As regarding to the manners of playing the shuttle to the opponent.. i would prefer to play it to the hand rather than landing it just infront of them. for convience i guess.. just as i don't want them to hit it to some places on the court where i would have to pick it up... i would like them to do the same by playing it to my hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you bend your body during scooping the birdie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a discussion on the topic two years ago...

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...8&page=3&pp=18

Search people, search...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shanepaul86
    Do you bend your body during scooping the birdie?
    pretty sure you have to, unless you're short or have a REALLY long racquet... you can avoid bending your body (meaning waist) by bending you knees more, but as i posted earlier, if you knees reach somewhere near 90 degrees, it's gonna be a bit tiring. with the total opposite, bending your waist too much is also too tiring lol, you have to attain a balance where you bend you knees and bit, and bend your waist a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neosakai
    Renkinjutsushi is right, it's really tiring to pick up the shuttle with your hand all the time.
    If you're good enough it should be your opponent that has to do all the picking up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macca
    If you're good enough it should be your opponent that has to do all the picking up
    Yup, that's what my dad does to me. He doesn't know how to scoop shuttles. He's also too tired to pick it up (since I always take advantage of his stamina ). Ey, thanks Mag for that article!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macca
    Not if all his shots hit out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Break-My-String
    3) as you scoop, you need to drop your handle a bit and then bring it back up as you lift the racquet with the shuttle on its strings

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sho...&threadid=9238

Cheers!
    Well, big thanks to you for this advice. I think it's the trickiest part that people usually tend to miss, they don't lower the handle a bit. I couldn't scoop the birdie until I read your post and now, within 1 hour of practicing, I manage to do it 50% of times. And yes, the scooping movement must be quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent Zactral, give you another 30 minutes and you should be scooping it 90% of the time.

Once you're comfortable, try scooping the shuttle the other way, ie/ using the backhand face of the racquet, scooping outwards.

After that, try catching & tossing the shuttle (back) in the air as a continuous loop, no higher that a foot.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Break-My-String
    Excellent Zactral, give you another 30 minutes and you should be scooping it 90% of the time.

Once you're comfortable, try scooping the shuttle the other way, ie/ using the backhand face of the racquet, scooping outwards.

After that, try catching & tossing the shuttle (back) in the air as a continuous loop, no higher that a foot.

Cheers!
    Did 1 and 3, only the backhand scoop needs alot more practicing. I'm not quite sure, how to move my hand quickly enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zactral
    Did 1 and 3, only the backhand scoop needs alot more practicing. I'm not quite sure, how to move my hand quickly enough.
    Try using your fingers to control the scooping of the racquet head.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zactral
    Well, big thanks to you for this advice. I think it's the trickiest part that people usually tend to miss, they don't lower the handle a bit. I couldn't scoop the birdie until I read your post and now, within 1 hour of practicing, I manage to do it 50% of times. And yes, the scooping movement must be quick.
    no... the scooping movement doesnt need to be quick. i can scoop a birdie up nice a slowly.. REALLY slowly. lol. and the lowering the handle bit.. um.. i can do a scoop with my racket perpendicular to the ground lol. i guess its just the feelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default picking up the shuttle

please tell me how to pick up the shuttle with the racket i know this is a noobish question... i waste lot of my energy picking up the bird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, here's the secret trick. Apply a layer of double sided tape to your frame. Then, you'll get much better grip on the bird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, if your serious, then that tape will make the frame all sticky and will attract dust and bits of crap. the secret trick is to be smooth, you need some racquet control for this. must move the racquet to the side of the bird so it is touching it then flick your wrist a bit while moving the racquet fast then smoothly slow down smooth as possible, if done correctly the bird should now be on your racquet head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good point. I guess it's a good idea to keep an extra roll of tape so you can switch the tape when it gets dirty. That way, you won't repel the girls you're trying to impress with your dirty racquet.

Quote Originally Posted by __Lam
    lol, if your serious, then that tape will make the frame all sticky and will attract dust and bits of crap. the secret trick is to be smooth, you need some racquet control for this. must move the racquet to the side of the bird so it is touching it then flick your wrist a bit while moving the racquet fast then smoothly slow down smooth as possible, if done correctly the bird should now be on your racquet head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I do is a turn the racket backwards in my hand, so that you have the racket head interlocked bettween all of your fingers. Then with the handle you smack the bird against the floor. If done properly the bird should spring up and land in bettween your fingers. After that you throw your racket 180 degrees so the handle lands in your hand, but in the same motion you throw the bird into your other hand. This method is very easy to learn, most people get it the first try. It is very effective against players with a good smash Good luck!!!!!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast