Bereavement in LCW's family

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Makkem_1, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

April 09, 2008 18:12 PM Chong Wei Given Two-day Break Over Bereavement

KUALA LUMPUR, April 9 (Bernama) -- Malaysia's top men's singles player Lee Chong Wei, who is grief-stricken over the death of a close relative, has been given a two-day break from training to be at the side of the bereaved family members.

Men's singles coach Misbun Sidek said the relative died last week and this had caused Chong Wei to have difficulty in concentrating on training on Monday ahead of the Asian badminton Championship in Johor Baharu from April 15 to 20.

"He (Chong Wei) is very sad and could not focus well on training at the moment, so I suggested for him to take a two-day break on Monday before resuming training tomorrow ," Misbun said when met at the national shuttlers training camp at Bukit Kiara here today.

Misbun, however, was confident the national ace would bounce back after the break and go all out to do his best at the championship.

-- BERNAMA

------------------------------------------
    Dear all - I just read the above article today. I wanted to express my condolences to Chong Wei and his family at this sad time. I feel bad even to open this as a forum topic, especially as LCW is a very reserved and private guy, and I'd ask you to respect him and his family's privacy at this time, as I am sure you guys will - thanks.

LCW, you are a good guy, you treat me with quiet courtesy when we bumped into each other in England at the AE and exhibition game. I hope you can be a support to your family in this time, and that the occasion of this sad loss will draw your family tighter together. I do know you are a considerate and thoughtful guy and a good listener and so in this time of trouble you can have the solace that you at least can help comfort others. I will pray to ask God to give you strength to endure. I don't know if you believe as I do, but I ask in the knowledge that my God cares deeply for your loss and grieves as you do. I pray too that you don't feel guilty or responsible in any way - I'm not sure how you might feel beyond devastated but I will ask that in any case.

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

that's unfortunate, hopefully he'll be alright.
    maybe ants can send all of BC's members' regards to him.

3. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

My condolences to his family and close relatives. Death is a sad thing, and bereavement is always there. Hope Chongwei shall be back when he's ready, if it's in 2 days or not, Misbun should give him the time.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

[SIZE=+1]The Star Online > Sports[/SIZE]
    Thursday April 10, 2008

Distraught Chong Wei gets a two-day break from training

KUALA LUMPUR: Shuttler Lee Chong Wei’s preparations for the Asian Badminton Championships (ABC), starting in Johor Baru next week, was disrupted when a close relative passed away on Monday, forcing coach Misbun Sidek to give him a two-day break.

Misbun gave him the break on compassionate grounds, saying it was to give his charge time to sort out his personal matters.

“He became emotional after hearing the news. I saw him crying in one corner and he was very emotional.

“It was better for him to take a break because he was under no condition to concentrate on training,” said Misbun, who expects Chong Wei, who went outstation to pay his respects, to be back for training by today.

Chong Wei, the current world No. 2, will need to be at his best if he hopes to regain the Asian title he won in 2006.

All the top men’s singles players, including world No. 1 Lin Dan, have indicated to the organisers that they will be taking part in the Asian meet, which is the last competition in Asia offering ranking points towards qualification for the Beijing Olympics in August.

Also in the fray are China’s All-England champion Chen Jin, his team-mate Bao Chunlai and Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

“Although it is not a Super Series tournament, the Asian meet will be the strongest if all the top singles player are assembled here next week,” said Misbun.

“I take this as part of his preparation towards the Olympics. The intensity of training has not changed despite him not playing in any international meets for the last three weeks.

“It will also be a good test of his ability to handle the pressure because it is held on home ground and expectations to win will be there. If he can pull it off, it will be good for him.”

Chong Wei lost to Taufik in the quarter-finals in the Asian meet last year.

Having won the Malaysian Open at the start of the year, success in Johor Baru will be a timely boost to his confidence ahead of the Thomas Cup Finals in Jakarta next month.

The same news came out in the local dailies today. Condolences to LCW, family & relatives.

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Yup..Condolences to LCW and his family.I hope he will be strong and ready for the coming competition..

6. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    condolences to LCW and family. i hope his family will be alright. and i hope he will find the comfort and support of family members in this time of grieve.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Condolences to LCW...

..and hope he gets through this very difficult time. And yes, hope ants can pass our msgs to LCW, as well.

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    My condolences!!Hope that he can get through this!U got all of our support!

9. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Condolences to LCW and family. I pray that he will be strong and get prepared for the ABC....

10. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    My condolence to LCW and family...
    will hope he can endure it...
    will always support him no matter how...

11. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

condolences to LCW and family
    hope that he will have strength and be stronger after this
    may he and his family find comfort in this sad times

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

condolence to lee chong wei and family:(
    hope he will rrgain his form and confidence before the ABC

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    There is some misunderstanding from the article quoted.
    LEECW father confirmed it was one of his close friend badly injured in a car accident at Kedah. LCW was moody and unable to train regulary
    LCW already back to KL to resume training

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Hope that LCW can stay strong

samuel882... Couldn't tell if you mean it's LCW's friend or it's LCW's father's friend; but anyway any family friend badly injured or died in a unexpected situation will definitely affect LCW. Bereavement will be there... Hope that LCW can stay strong.

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    LCW is doing ok. it is their family close friend who passed away. So you can also consider as "relative" since they are close. I was with CW the day before he left to Penang. Its just a day trip.
    No worries guys.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My sincere condolences.