Stringers in halifax?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Gade.Fan, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Gade.Fan

Gade.Fan Regular Member

Student
    Does anybody know where are some good stringers in the halifax area? I usually get mine done at cleve's source for sports in burnside, but i've heard from friends that some of their string jobs haven't been the greatest. Any ideas?

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Gade.Fan,

Your post never found an answer. But I'm curious as to whether you have found a stringer in Halifax in whom you trust.

3. Gade.Fan

Gade.Fan Regular Member

Student
    i continue to get mine strung at cleve's source for sports, and i myself have not had a bad job done, so i will keep doing that until (if) i get a bad job done

4. halinov08

halinov08 New Member

badminton,Halifax, NS

hi, is there any club or group in Halifax ,NS that I can play badminton with ? I have been trying to fine some people for a while with no luck .... anyone can help ,thanks

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

halinov08,

There are clubs, but it seems you need to know people to know about them.
    Here's the bit I know:

Dalhousie club: Plays Wed, Fri, Sunday nights. Range from not great to really good. Busy during year except Fridays, but if you are good I'm sure you'd fit in. Summer is very quiet. plastic or feather.

Citadel High has several clubs. There is a feather only club on Wednesday nights where the Provincially ranked players play.
    Across the same gym on Wednesday is a lowlier club. Plastic.

Mt. Saint Vincent has a club that goes all year round, but I hear it's crowded during the year.

Mt. Uniacke has a well respected club.

Halifax Recreation runs community style baddy. Saint Andrew's (Mondays), St.Stephens(Tues) , and Citadel High(Mon) are some of the choices. Visit the website.
    If you are a really good player, contact www.nsba.ca and the people there will connect you with the Wednesday feather players at Citadel, or point you to other high-level groups that I don't know about.

If you are a regular Joe, then I suggest the Dal club or the "other" group at Citadel on Wednesdays.

Hopefully others will post what they know. Good luck.:)

6. halinov08

halinov08 New Member

I called NSBA with no answer yet, called Mt. Saint Vincent and left a msg . thanks for your replay..... as you said I need to know people to know about their clubs